Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

View attachment 20256

This is how i found my "cold side pipe" when i took my bumper apart to install my new piping . I haven't slept since , car has been very good so far other than the mounts but there is little things here and there like this that drives me nuts .. :)
I'm going after the infamous front end "clank" . I think it's the sway bar end links or bushings which will both be replaced with aftermarket since i'm down there XD
Mine was the same way when I replaced my intercooler.

Last edited:
Got my dealer scheduled maintenance done. Ken Grody Ford's car wash is down due to construction, feel like I should have asked them for a full tank of gas or something to make up for it

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I made my own plug and play flasher. I wasn't satisfied with the "ST specific" brake light flashers available since, just like universal ones, they require you to cut and splice into your factory wiring harness.

Works great.

View attachment 20268
View attachment 20270
I just bought the connectors to do this. Looks great! Although I recommend using that harness tape on the controller too so it does rattle around in the wing. My current one does this at low rpm but because of the cut/splice solution the wire is too short to get in there to tape it.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Yesterday I drove it! I'm very busy and hardly ever drive it now. Had an excuse to run to riverside for something he wanted off of offer up. Fun fun lil cars.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thanks. I've since wrapped that part in a few layers of cloth tape, and secured it near one of the connectors. Should be fine. I'm going to make a few more of these, and I'd offer them for sale here but they're all already spoken for. [hihi]
Very cool, and I don't mind doing a project BUT in this case I think I'd just rather get the flashing LED's for the 2 regular brake lights for under $20. Didn't know they existed until your post got me looking at options, so thanks! :)

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I used the OEM ford fluid. Put 2 quarts in, and from the dealership it was like $63 with tax.
OK, please don't take this the wrong way, just for discussion purposes and the reference of others, but 2 Liters is more like the amount to use but at least 1.88 Liters (2 qts) is better than 1.67 or less that many of us have drained... Also, OEM DCT fluid is overpriced and isn't the greatest. Just my theory but at the time the FiST (made in Mexico) was released, Ford was up to their ears in that fluid from all the Focus and Fiesta using the actual DCT, so they may have just made a "good enough" call to get through the warranty period... It's not even full synthetic and you can get Ford approved Triax full synthetic DCT fluid for $16/qt or actual Ravenol MTF-2 gear oil, also Ford approved, for $20/liter. Using the Ravenol at 12k completely transformed my gearbox that was grinding and whining to near perfect. For you guys that have been lucky to have no issues at all, I'm sure you're fine with 2 qts of OEM fluid, but for us that don't have enough of an issue to fall under the half shaft issue but want improved performance, cannot recommend the Ravenol enough. I recommend it as the first thing a new owner of a new or used FiST does is get 2L of Ravenol in there... Again, if you weren't having any issues at all then you should be fine, just my $.02...

I used the OEM ford fluid. Put 2 quarts in, and from the dealership it was like $63 with tax.
I just put in almost 2 qts of BG Syncro Shift from Whoosh and it did wonders for me. Cost a little less than OEM but to each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I just put in almost 2 qts of BG Syncro Shift from Whoosh and it did wonders for me. Cost a little less than OEM but to each their own.
Why "almost" 2 qts? At 1.89L, a full 2 qts is the minimum I'd put in... you say "to each their own" but if the IB5 takes 2.1L I just don't see how an additional gear added with an IB6, assuming same internal capacity, would take it down to only 1.67L as in the manual... only 1.5L came out of mine at 12k, that is ridiculously and dangerously low to me, a new car shouldn't have so much whining and grinding. I actual had minimal "clunk", so that wasn't enough to even bother to try to get warranty for the half shaft TSB, where after repair they are instructed to add 2L. So doing a full 2L of Ravenol (BG Synchro looks great too) REALLY helped a lot and made my trans how it should have been new... I know if I kept driving it with the only 1.5L I would have certainly damaged the trans over time... Anyway, I think you should be fine, just wanted to add my experience in using 2L and how Ford uses that much after a warranty repair too...

Why "almost" 2 qts? At 1.89L, a full 2 qts is the minimum I'd put in... you say "to each their own" but if the IB5 takes 2.1L I just don't see how an additional gear added with an IB6, assuming same internal capacity, would take it down to only 1.67L as in the manual... only 1.5L came out of mine at 12k, that is ridiculously and dangerously low to me, a new car shouldn't have so much whining and grinding. I actual had minimal "clunk", so that wasn't enough to even bother to try to get warranty for the half shaft TSB, where after repair they are instructed to add 2L. So doing a full 2L of Ravenol (BG Synchro looks great too) REALLY helped a lot and made my trans how it should have been new... I know if I kept driving it with the only 1.5L I would have certainly damaged the trans over time... Anyway, I think you should be fine, just wanted to add my experience in using 2L and how Ford uses that much after a warranty repair too...
I say about 2qts because that's what it took to meet the factory fill level. When I say about 2 were talking more like damn near 2 if that makes more sense. I said to each their own in your choice of fluid, not the quantity.

Business6

Ordered Indy 500s in 205/50 to go with the RPF1s. Once those come in I'm going to toss my stock size Indy's on the stock wheels and put them away as spares. Blizzaks that are currently on still have one more season left in them but maybe I can sell them super cheap locally.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I say about 2qts because that's what it took to meet the factory fill level. When I say about 2 were talking more like damn near 2 if that makes more sense. I said to each their own in your choice of fluid, not the quantity.
No, fair enough, I'm just curious, but I had heard it takes about 2.1L to get to the "1 inch from the top" fill spec anyway...

Ford Community Posts