Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
That's good, I'm lucky I have free curb side once a month... Anyway, cheers man, we met on Reddit a while back, nice to see you around man!
I have actually been around for a while... I changed my username recently, I used to be "ts atseif". I wanted something that tied me into my reddit, since a lot of people on here are also on there. Plus, I hated my username. At first I thought it was interesting to reverse "Fiesta ST", but it just looked confusing.

Anyways, always good mixing it up with you [emoji41]

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Here is a picture of the oil recommendations for my diesel work truck. You can see all the different recommendations based on temperature.
Obviously completely different than the fiesta, but just a point when you remove fuel efficiency concerns with motor oil you'll notice a much wider spectrum.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, when nearly every Blackstone analysis done on our car says the oil is good for 8-8.5k, then yes, 3k most definitely is. You have to keep in mind that 3k was invented by oil change companies before synthetic was popular to make more money by insisting that everyone was driving in extreme conditions.
Except for given how our cars tend to fuel dilute with their DI system, IF you tend to 'short trip' (consistently under half hour driving under load times, vs. idling), especially in a colder clime than the south/southwest like ours, during winter, then YES, I would definitely (and DO) go for an under 4K winter OCI. ;)

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Except for given how our cars tend to fuel dilute with their DI system, IF you tend to 'short trip' (consistently under half hour driving under load times, vs. idling), especially in a colder clime than the south/southwest like ours, during winter, then YES, I would definitely (and DO) go for an under 4K winter OCI. ;)
Interesting you brought up oil dilution, my last car was also a 1.6T DI and that community talked about it quite a bit but when I mentioned this to the FiST community after trading that in for my FiST I was told that our car doesn't do it, based on Blackstone results. I can smell it barely with my FiST but far certainly less than that last car, so different DI engines definitely handle it better or not... I also wouldn't say a full half hour, more like 20 minutes, you just need to need to get it up to full temp and then go for a good 10 minutes to burn off contaminates, I know splitting hairs, but just saying... My commute is 25-35 minutes, about 1/3rd in traffic, and 2/3rd's country road that's 55 MPH. I get on it pretty good once fully warmed and I don't have gas smelly oil after 6k, but you do bring up a good point in general!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Interesting you brought up oil dilution, my last car was also a 1.6T DI and that community talked about it quite a bit but when I mentioned this to the FiST community after trading that in for my FiST I was told that our car doesn't do it, based on Blackstone results. I can smell it barely with my FiST but far certainly less than that last car, so different DI engines definitely handle it better or not... I also wouldn't say a full half hour, more like 20 minutes, you just need to need to get it up to full temp and then go for a good 10 minutes to burn off contaminates, I know splitting hairs, but just saying... My commute is 25-35 minutes, about 1/3rd in traffic, and 2/3rd's country road that's 55 MPH. I get on it pretty good once fully warmed and I don't have gas smelly oil after 6k, but you do bring up a good point in general!
Absolutely, only an actual used oil analysis will show any real fuel dilution.
But the strong gas smell I get when changing out even 3500 mile old oil on this car is almost like it is right from the gas pump, even with mostly over 25 minute run times, so I am a bit worried about the dilution factor, especially in the cold winter. ;)

Maybe once I get an aftermarket tune done, they can (safely) lean out the fuel trims a bit, for power AND less fuel dilution. [dunno]

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
There are lots of factors that contribute to dilution. Aside from inherent factors of a particular engine set up, there can be variations between identical cars. The latter is less of an issue with a mass produced engine, as opposed to a hand-built set-up (skyline, for example).

I get a hint of gas when doing an oil change, but far less than I did with my former DI WRX.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Absolutely, only an actual used oil analysis will show any real fuel dilution.
But the strong gas smell I get when changing out even 3500 mile old oil on this car is almost like it is right from the gas pump, even with mostly over 25 minute run times, so I am a bit worried about the dilution factor, especially in the cold winter. ;)

Maybe once I get an aftermarket tune done, they can (safely) lean out the fuel trims a bit, for power AND less fuel dilution. [dunno]
There are lots of factors that contribute to dilution. Aside from inherent factors of a particular engine set up, there can be variations between identical cars. The latter is less of an issue with a mass produced engine, as opposed to a hand-built set-up (skyline, for example).

I get a hint of gas when doing an oil change, but far less than I did with my former DI WRX.
Great points guys, that previous car I mentioned did indeed run a very rich stock tune while ours is much more reasonable, but still good to know... so on top of my 30 minute commute I also take 45+ minute each way runs out to see family on the other side of town, I'm hoping that keeps the oil clean enough for now. I just did an oil change less than 1k ago so hopefully I should be fine until summer when I put my 5w30 in.

installed a Mishimoto Air intake about 5 times just to check I have done it right. I Keep getting engine spanner light as soon as I hit overboost and then i dont get any over boost so worse than factory air intake. Help Please

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
installed a Mishimoto Air intake about 5 times just to check I have done it right. I Keep getting engine spanner light as soon as I hit overboost and then i dont get any over boost so worse than factory air intake. Help Please
Return that shit....Get an ST200 box if possible. My advice......[ridinghorse]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Still thinking i have the same problem, MAF sensor does not like the extra air flow i am guessing so sending an error code and cutting my boost. Is there a plug in tune fix?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Still thinking i have the same problem, MAF sensor does not like the extra air flow i am guessing so sending an error code and cutting my boost. Is there a plug in tune fix?
That shouldn't matter....the vehicle should adjust/ relearn after install of an Intake. What code was set? did you plug everything back in correctly? Etc....[scratch]

That shouldn't matter....the vehicle should adjust/ relearn after install of an Intake. What code was set? did you plug everything back in correctly? Etc....[scratch]
installed a Mishimoto Air intake checked and rechecked install about 5 times just to check I have done it right. I Keep getting engine spanner light as soon as I hit overboost and then i dont get any over boost so not sure what code this is but does not throw code if I drive without hard acceleration. So i am thinking it does not like all the extra air its now getting. I have check and re checked all hose fittings and cleaned MAF sensor with MAF sensor CRC cleaner so I am at a standstill to what this issue is as the kit clearly states no tune needed.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
installed a Mishimoto Air intake checked and rechecked install about 5 times just to check I have done it right. I Keep getting engine spanner light as soon as I hit overboost and then i dont get any over boost so not sure what code this is but does not throw code if I drive without hard acceleration. So i am thinking it does not like all the extra air its now getting. I have check and re checked all hose fittings and cleaned MAF sensor with MAF sensor CRC cleaner so I am at a standstill to what this issue is as the kit clearly states no tune needed.
Call or Email Mishimoto....Check all connections....or reinstall Stock Airbox and Return that POS.