Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Spilled coffee in my Snap-On mechanics bag/doctors bag which managed to seep through into my passenger seat. Thankfully our dealer has a great detail team and cleaned them off today as well as a clay paint sealant. Ended up raining on the way home though :/

Also really considering a set of euro headlights and taillights and a good exhaust with a deeper exhaust note.
The Depo replicas are very reasonably priced, got my paid shipped for $350 and now just have to figure out how I'm going to do the LED DRL, as of now the only known way to get them bright in the day with headlights off and dim at night to go along with headlights without glare would be to do a semi-complicated harness with wiring and whatnot... As for exhaust, since it doesn't add any power at all really I just did a muffler to glasspack swap and it sounds nice and deep to me for sure.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
New tail lights really clean up the rear end. I got the spec-d ones pretty cheap and love them. Don't understand why they went with an incandescent reverse bulb though
Just throw in some white LED's for the reverse lights for like $10-15, unbelievably easy and a big difference in mine!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I test drove a white one 30 miles from home, but they didn't have a black one with sunroof. I went to the dealr 5 miles from my job and told them the exact build I wanted. Black wheels, red calipers, sunroof, Recaro's. They called a dealer on the other side of the state and got it on a truck the same day. 48 hours later, I was driving it home. I've yet to see another one in the area with the same build.
I personally don't get the sunroof on these things, it adds 80 lbs to the top of the car, is mostly behind you head and has a tendency to leak even when almost brand new... but at the same time they are now hard to find then with Recaro's WITHOUT sunroof too, which is just odd as most enthusiasts that want the Recaro's don't want the sunroof.

I personally don't get the sunroof on these things, it adds 80 lbs to the top of the car, is mostly behind you head and has a tendency to leak even when almost brand new... but at the same time they are now hard to find then with Recaro's WITHOUT sunroof too, which is just odd as most enthusiasts that want the Recaro's don't want the sunroof.
I've owned my Z for 13 years and the only thing I've ever wished was different was the slick top. I can't stand being closed in. Wife has a Del Sol and Edge Sport w/pano. Her last car was a Renegade w/ My Sky roof. My last daily was a NA Miata. I "need" an open top.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I've owned my Z for 13 years and the only thing I've ever wished was different was the slick top. I can't stand being closed in. Wife has a Del Sol and Edge Sport w/pano. Her last car was a Renegade w/ My Sky roof. My last daily was a NA Miata. I "need" an open top.
My wife is the same way, HAS to have a sunroof and I'd rather have one as well... but it's just too bad that with our car so bean shaped and small, the only flat area to place a sunroof is too small and mostly behind the drivers head. And also seen too many leak problems even from almost brand new leaving puddles of water in the car, ugh... Plus, on a car this small, it's meant to be a little darty go-kart. The extra weight up high and changing of the chassis rigidity doesn't help handling any and if driven hard, the body flex will just make it leak sooner. Either way, it's cool if you want one, I'm *mostly saying* it's weird that they don't realize many enthusiasts want the Recaro's but not sunroof and it's impossible to find one configured like that any more.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Have you had them out on the highway yet?

Do they scream like banshees there, at speed (like the RS-RRs do)??
I don't have experience with RS-RRs, but initial 100 miles on the ZIIIs (with 50% of that interstate) driving...Yes they are fairly noisy but I will say they aren't NEARLY as noisy as the old ZII Star Specs.

My wife is the same way, HAS to have a sunroof and I'd rather have one as well... but it's just too bad that with our car so bean shaped and small, the only flat area to place a sunroof is too small and mostly behind the drivers head. And also seen too many leak problems even from almost brand new leaving puddles of water in the car, ugh... Plus, on a car this small, it's meant to be a little darty go-kart. The extra weight up high and changing of the chassis rigidity doesn't help handling any and if driven hard, the body flex will just make it leak sooner. Either way, it's cool if you want one, I'm *mostly saying* it's weird that they don't realize many enthusiasts want the Recaro's but not sunroof and it's impossible to find one configured like that any more.
I do agree with you. Mine had water in the hatch when I bought it. These are the things we deal with in hopped up econoboxes. Not to mention getting my first rattle at 6 miles in.

It would have been cool if they came out with a "race" version. No radio, Recaro's, no sun roof, manual windows, 16" wheels, etc.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Yeah, a severely lightened, 'clubsport' version/option with a factory installed Quaife diff would have been the ONLY thing I would have wanted differently from what I got (a lighter base model), save for a 3 door option. [wink] [driving]

Jerickson88

I do agree with you. Mine had water in the hatch when I bought it. These are the things we deal with in hopped up econoboxes. Not to mention getting my first rattle at 6 miles in.

It would have been cool if they came out with a "race" version. No radio, Recaro's, no sun roof, manual windows, 16" wheels, etc.
The Fiesta R! Just like you said but with the FoST powerplant.

^^^Yeah, a severely lightened, 'clubsport' version/option with a factory installed Quaife diff would have been the ONLY thing I would have wanted differently from what I got (a lighter base model), save for a 3 door option. [wink] [driving]
The Fiesta R! Just like you said but with the FoST powerplant.
I'd kill for a 2.0L powerplant and LSD.

danbfree

3000 Post Club

Word... or at least have dealers smart enough to not just defaulting to ordering every option when I feel having Recaro's and sunroof together is actually a clash in functionality. This is what happens when you have these dealers used to mostly selling trucks just ordering cars that way, clueless to the actual customer needs and just ordering either loaded or basic on these low sales volume cars... Doing an inventory search on Ford.com, of the 8 '18-'19 FiST's with Recaro's for sale new within 100 miles of me, just ONE does not have a sunroof and instead has the upcharge for white paint, which I don't want and for the OEM nav, which is worthless with AA/CP anyway.... ugh.

Word... or at least have dealers smart enough to not just defaulting to ordering every option when I feel having Recaro's and sunroof together is actually a clash in functionality. This is what happens when you have these dealers used to mostly selling trucks just ordering cars that way, clueless to the actual customer needs and just ordering either loaded or basic on these low sales volume cars... Doing an inventory search on Ford.com, of the 8 '18-'19 FiST's with Recaro's for sale new within 100 miles of me, just ONE does not have a sunroof and instead has the upcharge for white paint, which I don't want and for the OEM nav, which is worthless with AA/CP anyway.... ugh.
Now I feel special that I have Recaros with a sunroof lol

Edit: reread your post and now realizing they aren't so rare lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Now I feel special that I have Recaros with a sunroof lol
I'm saying the opposite, actually, as 7 out of 8 with Recaro in my area for sale new also DO have sunroof... but maybe you are intentionally giving me some shit, and that's fine, I'm a smart-ass that deserves it! LOL... and as long as it doesn't leak on you man, hope you are enjoying it! Having a '14, if it hasn't started leaking by now, maybe you're safe or maybe it will start to leak now that you have some bracing and a tune, knock on wood! Personally I'd rather HAVE one, for sure, it's just that sadly this is the worst car there is possible for one because of the issues I mentioned. My next car will have one, but it will also be just a little bigger and not so track oriented so that it's not an issue...

I'm saying the opposite, actually, as 7 out of 8 with Recaro in my area for sale new also DO have sunroof... but maybe you are intentionally giving me some shit, and that's fine, I'm a smart-ass that deserves it! LOL... and as long as it doesn't leak on you man, hope you are enjoying it! Having a '14, if it hasn't started leaking by now, maybe you're safe or maybe it will start to leak now that you have some bracing and a tune, knock on wood! Personally I'd rather HAVE one, for sure, it's just that sadly this is the worst car there is possible for one because of the issues I mentioned. My next car will have one, but it will also be just a little bigger and not so track oriented so that it's not an issue...
Nah man definitely not giving you any shit, we’ve had some monsoons here recently with no leaks. Only small things I’ve noticed since owning it have been a squeak on the driver side rear seat latch, the blend door actuator, and I’ll need new brakes and rotors all the way around. Plugs looked good and were step colder denso’s so whoever had it before me at least cared for it. When I get the time I’m gonna cross my fingers and do a compression test. Took a log on the new tune the other night and everything looks solid with no knock or negative ignition corrections. Previous owner is also the one who put the mount and inserts in so he did everything I was gonna do right away anyway. Really happy with the car so far just getting used to the odds and ends that every platform has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
My sunroof leaks in my driveway. Slight upward angle. If the car is lvl or I turn it around in the driveway it's good. Odd.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk