Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

So.Cal. Tour D'Orange

Every New Year's Day in Orange County, California, there is a car meet up and a 70 mile mapped road course for car enthusiasts. It is for every car make and model. My uncle has a Ford car club (most of them have Rouch/Saleen/GT Mustangs, but a few have a FiST) that goes every year. I am going to be there with my FiST and invite anyone other FiSTs to come along for the ride. It's free. Lots of great cars to gawk at, including: Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, classic Mustangs/Camaros/Vettes/Challengers...etc. This year will be the 12th annual meet up.

Link to Tour D'Orange Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tour-d-Orange/163004403803373

Several videos are available to watch on YouTube as well, just search Tour D'Orange on the site. Don't let the "stop and go" traffic at the beginning of the tour distract you from going. That clears up once people get underway.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Any one else going?

Dave

OP
IronMaiden
Thread Starter #7
Yes. The location and the times are on the Facebook page (link in the first post) I'll PM my mobile # for people who want to meet up at a specific location on site.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Would it be best if we had a place to meet up and then go in as a group?

Dave

OP
IronMaiden
Thread Starter #10
Meet up prior to TD'O

This is the location of the Staging area for the TD'O.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?addres...ate=CA&zipcode=92626#fb40225e5dac3bc1453fc688

One of numerous possible meet up locations for us (considering the staging area is near 2 major freeways):

How about the Starbuck's @ 18000 Von Karman Ave Irvine CA 92612

http://www.mapquest.com/us/california/restaurants-irvine/starbucks-coffee-41533432

It's right on the other side of John Wayne airport from the staging area, directly off the 405, and people might want some wake up juice. Although, the TD'O has free coffee and donuts at the staging. I figure we meet at Starbucks 'round 7am sharp, get to the staging 'bout 7:30ish to have time to look-y-loo at cars for an hour or so, take a scenic drive, and then have lunch at the finish. It always ends up at some mall with a lot of parking and food joints.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I thought the event staging started at 6:00 am.
How big is this event?
Is getting there 1.5 hours late wise?
I don't know, I have never done this event before.

It will take me about hour to get down there, I will find a local Denny's to have breakfast first, then meet you at Starbucks.

Dave

OP
IronMaiden
Thread Starter #15
I have done it once about 4 years ago. I was navigating for my Uncle in his '05 Saleen, as I didn't think it was proper to drive an unmodified '04 Ranger Edge in the Tour....didn't seem right. My Uncle has been in the TD'O many times with his car club. They don't get there until after 7am most times. The maps aren't handed out until 8:40am-ish. A lot of cars/people are usually fashionably late and don't roll in until close to 8am.

If you get there at 6am you are going to think to yourself that you could have easily slept for another hour. If looking at ALL the cars and talking to every single person is your thing...then yes, get there at 6am. I sure as hell am not. My wife would kill me if we had to leave our house at 5am.

Note to all who are going: FILL UP YOUR TANKS THE NIGHT BEFORE! Show up with a relatively full tank of gas as a time saving courtesy to everyone.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Unfortunately I will still need to leave the house a about 5:00AM to still meet you at 7:00AM.
As I said, I will have breakfast first.

Dave

FYI that Starbucks is in a Marriott Lobby, and the hotel has a parking gate. Not a good place to stage.

There is a Starbucks in a shopping center nearby at Michelson and Jamboree:

Starbucks
Park Place
2961 Michelson Drive
Irvine, CA 92612

Also, for a 6am breakfast, there's an IHOP right next to the airport:

IHOP
18542 MacArthur Blvd
Irvine, CA 92612-1268