Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New thread suggestion - Vendor Review

Should we have a Vendor Review section?

• Total voters

Young L

I would like to propose and new topic be started called " Vendor Review." I would say put it at the bottom of the sponsor section and leave it open for people to make posts about the positive and negative experiences they have with the sponsors on the site and other retailers they buy from. I think it is important for people to know this information as the Fiesta community grows, and rather than cloud up a retailers post with the info.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
I would like to propose and new topic be started called " Vendor Review." I would say put it at the bottom of the sponsor section and leave it open for people to make posts about the positive and negative experiences they have with the sponsors on the site and other retailers they buy from. I think it is important for people to know this information as the Fiesta community grows, and rather than cloud up a retailers post with the info.
Having Vendor reviews is just as nice as a seller rating! Its important to know how we are treating you and as a buy how we are treated.

Russ

OP
Young L

Young L

Thread Starter #4
Having Vendor reviews is just as nice as a seller rating! Its important to know how we are treating you and as a buy how we are treated.

Russ
seller rating only says but so much, sometimes a back story is nice especially when its a bad experience and it could also give the Vendor a chance to rebuttal said negative statement.

I have one: Powerflex USA - not recommended
Do tell

DHM1

1000 Post Club
seller rating only says but so much, sometimes a back story is nice especially when its a bad experience and it could also give the Vendor a chance to rebuttal said negative statement.
Exactly! Well said.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I have one: Powerflex USA - not recommended
This is the kind of comment that is NOT good.
I am not saying the comment should not be made.
However it should be explained as to why.
Maybe the problem can be fixed.

Dave

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Vender Reviews can be very detrimental to a vender if the review is bad. Also, bad reviews are not always warranted. Just because one person has a bad experience, doesn't make a vender bad in general. Too many times I've seen someone bash a vender without even trying to work the issue out or the writer of the review isn't telling the whole story. I agree that if a vender is giving bad service, it should be made known to everyone, but not before the customer and vender take every step to resolve the issue before hand. This is the part that can't be controlled if a public vender review is allowed on a forum. It quickly becomes a vender bashing forum. People will seemingly always post bad experiences but neglect to post good experiences.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Vender Reviews can be very detrimental to a vender if the review is bad. Also, bad review are not always warranted. Just because one person has a bad experience, doesn't make a vender bad in general. Too many times I've seen someone bash a vender without even trying to work the issue out or they writer of the review isn't telling the whole story. I agree that if a vender is giving bad service, it should be made known to everyone, but not before the customer and vender take every step to resolve the issue before hand. This is the part that can't be controlled if a public vender review is allowed on a forum. It quickly becomes a vender bashing forum. People will seemingly always post bad experiences but neglect to post good experiences.

Well stated!

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Vender Reviews can be very detrimental to a vender if the review is bad. Also, bad reviews are not always warranted. Just because one person has a bad experience, doesn't make a vender bad in general. Too many times I've seen someone bash a vender without even trying to work the issue out or the writer of the review isn't telling the whole story. I agree that if a vender is giving bad service, it should be made known to everyone, but not before the customer and vender take every step to resolve the issue before hand. This is the part that can't be controlled if a public vender review is allowed on a forum. It quickly becomes a vender bashing forum. People will seemingly always post bad experiences but neglect to post good experiences.
Say but this is on point!

OP
Young L

Young L

Thread Starter #10
Ive seen that same thing happen but any reviews should be takin with a grain of salt. Everyones experience will differ and the sales people you deal with are people and have bad days just like anyone else. I got some good things to say about boomba racing and modbargains but just giving them rep i feel just doesnt do them enough justice.

I think vendor reviews would valuable addition to this forum but the mechanics of how it would work should be figured out. There should be some rules on how reviews should be written ie. if you are unhappy with a vendor you should provide specific examples of why you are unhappy and note the kind of support and follow up you have received. Stating vendor xxxxx sucks isn't particularly helpful of value adding. It may accurate but without appropriate context, it's just vendor bashing.

no-pistons

This is the kind of comment that is NOT good.
I am not saying the comment should not be made.
However it should be explained as to why.
Maybe the problem can be fixed.

Dave
Sorry, I really don't mean to come off as bitter and this is probably not the place to complain either, but I guess I can't just leave my comment open ended either, so here it is:

I installed a set of their RMM polyurethane bushings. Right away I got clunking on acceleration and deceleration. Double checked and triple checked my install. Torqued all bolts to factory spec. I was baffled at what it could be, I thought it was my transmission or clutch giving problems.

For the heck of it I ordered a brand new RMM from Ford and all of a sudden the clunking went away.

I contacted Powerflex USA regarding the problem. Between two people there, they strung me along for a month and at the end said they could not help me because they didn't know what the problem was. So now I have a RMM with powerflex bushings that's only good for a paper weight.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
If the Vender Review was to be used, the guidelines should be something like this and moderated as such:

1. Vender and item/ service that is being reviewed.
2. Order number ( so that the vender can look it up)
3. Nature of the review ( positive/ negative/ recommendation to the vender)
4. Detailed description of review to include, if a bad review, all attempts to correct the issue and the vender's representative who has been assisting you to correct the issue. If a good review, provide specific points about the product, customer service, etc.
5. Review follow up, if a bad review, to show that the vender has or has not made a legit attempt to correct the issue.

This will of course be open to a response from the vender showing there side of the story if necessary or just to say thank you.

OP
Young L

Young L

Thread Starter #15
So it seems to me 100% of the people support the topic

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I am not so sure.
I believe that we already have a place to review a vendor/product in the current vendor section.
I may be wrong but it is my opinion that a review section would just lead to vendor bashing.

Please don't misunderstand.
I do not want to discourage anyone from posting about their experience, good or bad.
I just don't think we need another place to do it.

Dave

OP
Young L

Young L

Thread Starter #18
where in the vendor section,I dont see anything listed? Reviews are just opinions so if someone is getting bashed by a person or a group of people its only words. We can go on an on about the variables of this or that happening but in the end people should know who they are dealing with especially when it comes to money.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Hey guys, thanks for coming up some ideas for the forum. Currently there is already a seller feedback in place in all the vendor areas. If you go in any of the sponsored and classified forums there is a link at the bottom of each post to provide a Seller Rating, look for a Green check mark. You can also click on any member's username and there is a tab for Selling Rating that enables you to provide feedback anytime.

If that isn't sufficient we can explore more ideas, we're not opposed to the ideas posted here, but I wanted to point out the existing system for those who haven't seen that feature.

^ It's they a thread showing how to use this? I know that when I have bought things in the classifieds I don't always get feedback/rating. It may be because it's not a well known feature.