Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Upgrade - GT2554R or GT2560R? Expectations?

Garrett, Billet wheel, and bigger than what people offer. My end game is a line of high HP race parts for the ST community some more testing and R&D to finish up over the next couple months but when i do start releasing that kinda stuff i hope you guys like it. who can live with only 300hp?

Russ
This is good news for me. I'm likely one of the buyers.[thumb]

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #22
I will be buying the GT2560R this month so hopefully I can show some results on it soon, i can not find any info on anybody running that turbo on a fiesta right now.
[MENTION=1568]wspec[/MENTION] ....I saw in a recent post that you just got your GT2560r turbo and manifold back from the coaters....

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/3863-Spring-install-fest?p=72879&viewfull=1#post72879

Wondering when you anticipate having this completed? Eager to see your results as I'm leaning more towards the 2560 ...

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
For those looking for the best upgrade path I advise waiting to see Rodmoe's results which are coming soon and then my results with a US made tubular manifold EFR system, I am shooting for a very good price point on very well made system;)

If the spool time is what I think it will be and the transient response between shifts is as well this would end up being the best solution for all but the highest HP drag race oriented builds or those with the Cyborg budget.

That is the goal, we will know soon, very soon indeed:)

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #24
For those looking for the best upgrade path I advise waiting to see Rodmoe's results which are coming soon and then my results with a US made tubular manifold EFR system, I am shooting for a very good price point on very well made system;)

If the spool time is what I think it will be and the transient response between shifts is as well this would end up being the best solution for all but the highest HP drag race oriented builds or those with the Cyborg budget.

thanks Rick! I know a few of us are eagerly waiting for these results :) And a big thx to Rod and Russ as well!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Most welcome, I feel this is one of the most exciting times for our cars, huge new option in turbos and big IC nearly hear:):)

[MENTION=1568]wspec[/MENTION] ....I saw in a recent post that you just got your GT2560r turbo and manifold back from the coaters....

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/3863-Spring-install-fest?p=72879&viewfull=1#post72879

Wondering when you anticipate having this completed? Eager to see your results as I'm leaning more towards the 2560 ...
My car is apart right now working on installing a lot of parts, hopefully the turbo too but I am also waiting for a base tune from panda to make it drivable. I would also wait to see EFR results it could be better or worse, or possibly be about a wash.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #27
My car is apart right now working on installing a lot of parts, hopefully the turbo too but I am also waiting for a base tune from panda to make it drivable. I would also wait to see EFR results it could be better or worse, or possibly be about a wash.
Hey thanks for the update...much appreciated!! And good luck!....I'm looking forward to hearing how this works out for you...

And it will be interesting to compare everyone results one completed....

We should start a turbo upgrade and results thread soon!

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Hey thanks for the update...much appreciated!! And good luck!....I'm looking forward to hearing how this works out for you...

And it will be interesting to compare everyone results one completed....

We should start a turbo upgrade and results thread soon!
Yup. Im waiting to see what the EFR has in store.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #30
Awww Gosh Thanks
Awww your welcome! :)

I know your FiST is currently with Russ at DHMS...When do think we'll get to see some results with the new turbo kit installed?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Awww your welcome! :)

I know your FiST is currently with Russ at DHMS...When do think we'll get to see some results with the new turbo kit installed?
Well we decided to upgrade the wastegate controler and the BOV to a turbosmart setup for better tuning and control last I heard was the Wastegate will be here early this week and the BOV was in stock..
And then He was going to do some baseline data logs with my current set up then pop the NEW big FMIC and Crash bar in and grab some more data to compare. Thats where we are at the moment

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club

I like the sound of this. Next year i plan to purchase the dhm tubular manifold and upgrade turbos. I really want to get this car into the low 8s at my local 8th mile

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
With Russ into the GTX as well there will be some superb options for very fine tubular manifolds for whatever turbo anybody wants to run, we are all lucky to have these things happening:):)

I am probably as anxious as Rodmoe to see his results as mine is next!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I am also looking forward to feedback on the flywheel as it took over 10 lbs off the crank... But that is for a different thread..

Plan is start tearing into it Saturday night and finish the current HP upgrades this weekend, really just the turbo and tbe left for now. Then should be starting to e-tune it next week.

Next couple of weeks I will have the handling/looks mods done and then I will probably finally throw up a build page.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #36
Plan is start tearing into it Saturday night and finish the current HP upgrades this weekend, really just the turbo and tbe left for now. Then should be starting to e-tune it next week..
Hey thanks for the update!

I know you mentioned you have the GT2560r kit....forgot to ask or overlooked if it was a 0.64 or 0.86 A/R?

I just received my quote back from Cobb for complete GT2560 kit with Tial BOV which includes installation and tune...surprisingly reasonable...

So naturally I'm very interested in hearing your impressions and how this works for you before I move forward with mine... much appreciated!

Hey thanks for the update!

I know you mentioned you have the GT2560r kit....forgot to ask or overlooked if it was a 0.64 or 0.86 A/R?

I just received my quote back from Cobb for complete GT2560 kit with Tial BOV which includes installation and tune...surprisingly reasonable...

So naturally I'm very interested in hearing your impressions and how this works for you before I move forward with mine... much appreciated!

0.64 , are you maybe referring to the .86 option on edge's website? I think that might be a typo as I don't think it is actually an option on a 2560r (ATP does not list as an option on a regular 2560r either). Not sure it would be wise sizing even if it was an option.

You did catch that I have upgraded the wheel right? So my results will be slightly different than a standard kit, fractional amount more lag but about 10%-15% more flow.
Here is a comparison of the maps between GT and GTX for 3071 that should be representative of the difference.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #38
0.64 , are you maybe referring to the .86 option on edge's website? I think that might be a typo as I don't think it is actually an option on a 2560r (ATP does not list as an option on a regular 2560r either). Not sure it would be wise sizing even if it was an option.

You did catch that I have upgraded the wheel right? So my results will be slightly different than a standard kit, fractional amount more lag but about 10%-15% more flow.
Here is a comparison of the maps between GT and GTX for 3071 that should be representative of the difference.
I see what you mean!...on ATP's site they don't offer an A/R option for the 2560! Thanks for the clarification...

And yes....I did see that you mention you upgraded the wheel...I'm just looking for overall impressions and results...

Sounds like my goals are slightly different...I would like to retain fairly quick spooling...

Sounds like my goals are slightly different...I would like to retain fairly quick spooling...
Overall my goal is to hit 300whp with the biggest mid-range I can muster. I could hit 300whp with the 2860 but I am hedging bets I can stretch the smaller turbo out to there to make it a better option for me.

We will see.

FistSt215

Back in early college days a long time ago lol i had a SOHC non Vtec honda that made 395whp and 334ftlbs. I want more than that with the FiST.
What's the biggest turbo do they offer for the fist ? I'm in no where big turbo ready, but I'm just curious . I would be happy with 300whp 340-350 tq .