Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Upgrade - GT2554R or GT2560R? Expectations?

DHM1

1000 Post Club
What's the biggest turbo do they offer for the fist ? I'm in no where big turbo ready, but I'm just curious . I would be happy with 300whp 340-350 tq .
The kit we are finishing up right now will be tested with my GTX3076r. This will support 550whp. The kit can fit up to a GTX3586r with the small compressor housing. So enough power to leave the crank and rods on the ground in pieces haha (but thats were my next plan comes in custom rods, pistons, and other engine parts!)

Russ

The kit we are finishing up right now will be tested with my GTX3076r. This will support 550whp. The kit can fit up to a GTX3586r with the small compressor housing. So enough power to leave the crank and rods on the ground in pieces haha (but thats were my next plan comes in custom rods, pistons, and other engine parts!)

Russ
Wow, you really are going huge for the Fiesta. That is awesome, the best part is you are LOCAL to me. I am about 15 minutes away from your shop. One of these days I would love to come by and check out the fist in person if that would be ok. I also would like to see what upgrades you offer, I am debating on what to get next. Intercooler, or Intake and downpipe.
Keep up the bad ass work my friend!

FistSt215

Russ
Good luck Russ!! Can't wait to see this !!

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Wow, you really are going huge for the Fiesta. That is awesome, the best part is you are LOCAL to me. I am about 15 minutes away from your shop. One of these days I would love to come by and check out the fist in person if that would be ok. I also would like to see what upgrades you offer, I am debating on what to get next. Intercooler, or Intake and downpipe.
Keep up the bad ass work my friend!
For sure!

Good luck Russ!! Can't wait to see this !!
Thanks

Russ

Stock is so tiny and cute!
IMG_1436.jpg

White looks interesting, kind of miss the stainless steel look though. But its decently tight back there and I hope this helps keep the temps back there low since you have to toss the heat shield. I do plan on doing some gold tape/wrap also.

IMG_1438.jpg
IMG_1444.jpg

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Looks good I found some line covering stuff at DEI that wraps the lines and wires with a heat sheild type product as well as the groovy gold foil stuff
Linky

I got the velcro stuff for the brake lines and wires as well as anything else that was close and I still think some sort of barrier for the header may be needed. I have a turbo blanket to install once tuning is done ..

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Exciting times here, 3 different manifolds, 2 different turbos and before long a big GTX the DHM manifold, and the Cyborg, lots of options for us here now:)

Going to be great to see how your setup works out, sure it will be excellent!!!

------------------------------

Coating looks very good!

------------------------------

I have already heat wrapped most everything including intake tube, I will do the new DP and get a turbo blanket but not likely the coatings, not yet at least, will see how things turn out as I have a full depth under tray with a big duct to blow air up towards the base of the turbo and on the DP which pulls a lot of air out of the engine bay, it made a really big under hood temp change, not measured, easily felt.

------------------

Congrats:)
Rick

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #48
Stock is so tiny and cute!
View attachment 4509

White looks interesting, kind of miss the stainless steel look though. But its decently tight back there and I hope this helps keep the temps back there low since you have to toss the heat shield. I do plan on doing some gold tape/wrap also.

View attachment 4510
View attachment 4511
Thanks for posting!

Interesting to see how your GT2560r compares in size when placed next to our lil' stock snail! Looking forward to hearing how this all tunes out for you!

Sorry no updates, been driving on it a couple weeks so far. Takes a while to do the e-tuning, will post more results when I am getting happy with it.
However first revision after the base tune saw about ~260whp at 20psi on pump.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #50
Sorry no updates, been driving on it a couple weeks so far. Takes a while to do the e-tuning, will post more results when I am getting happy with it.
Nice! ...where's peak boost occurring?

Wow! 260 WHP! That is awesome, and only on 20PSI! Killing it man!! How good does it feel?!?!

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
260whp on 20psi and pump gas is nice I bet. Time to start jacking in some serious pump pressure ;)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I may of over looked this or simply forgotten, is anybody working on increasing the HPFP pressure?

I did recall talk about putting a higher output LPFP in the tank, that it might help the HPFP.

------------------

Great numbers so far, likely there is more to be found but 260/20psi is dang fine!

Just to add to this in a different way, I took a 30+ mile highway trip today. It had it share of Missouri hills but I wanted to see if driving the posted speeds (50-70) and with traffic what the MPG would be like. Mind you this is on an economy slot (wg pressure only) it came in a 42.7 mpg. I was averaging right over 44 till I hit some rolling hills.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #55
[MENTION=1568]wspec[/MENTION]

Are you close to completing the re-tune on this and have any updates for us? ....thanks!

Here is my current best spooling in 3rd gear with the new kit. It was in the 40's weather wise.

spool1242015.PNG

Looks pretty good to me :)
Good job, who tuned it?
Going with E30-E50 mixes later?
Russ (DHM).
This is the kit that I originally bought from ATP, added a new billet compressor wheel, added pumpaspeed header, then sent it to DHM and kept my cartridge and compressor side and tossed out everything else for another set of headers with external gate and another intercooler.

I have been through 2 turbo kits (sorta), 2 headers, 3 new downpipes, 2 new intercoolers, 3 charge pipes, etc ... After a lot of work and a lot of money I am pretty confident this is a pretty good setup for the car. I don't think I would trade it in for a bigger turbo.

Ford Community Posts