Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Upgrade - GT2554R or GT2560R? Expectations?

Looks pretty good to me :)
Good job, who tuned it?
Going with E30-E50 mixes later?
Also to note, I have been working with Russ since this spring on the turbo when it was still an ATP kit. We are over 20 revisions in on a 93 tune, he really wanted to see this turbo work as well as I did.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Wrapping up e30 tune. Yea it's quick.
Little turbo that can, choo choo.

View attachment 8079
Solid numbers! I am heavily considering going dhm quick spool. If i cant find someone to make me a custom header.

I can't wait to get an auxiliary fuel system and turn my turbo up. 23psi and 300ish whp is not enough lol

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Damn impressive power for that turbo size and a nice wide torque curve making it far more user friendly in a canyon run on public roads, autocross, tighter road race tracks.....I have already paid for the GTX2860 conversion from the EFR and have the 5th injector system on hand but I think the GT2560R is the way to go, with the 5th injector of course.

Big turbos with lag have their place as well but for my needs, the smaller the better as long as I can achieve a power to weight ratio to keep up with a stock C7 Vette down a long straight on a road course which could end up needing an E30 tune or race gas but maybe not....pump gas and doing so would be extremely satisfying to say the least:)

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #69
Wrapping up e30 tune. Yea it's quick.
Little turbo that can, choo choo.

View attachment 8079
Thanks for posting wspec!

Finally nice to see that some great progress has been made towards reducing lag and improving overall response...

Looking forward to seeing what further improvements can be made with respect to hybrid and twin scroll turbo setups in the new year ahead!

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Just goes to show.... No matter the turbo, tuning really is the figurative "Key".
Maybe one day, I'll stop being such a control freak and I'll trade my freedom to Russ in exchange for a real tune... Until then... I enjoy my control :)
If I could maintain control of my tune, while having someone else tune the engine, I'd prob go for it because Russ is the man.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #71
[MENTION=1568]wspec[/MENTION] ...quick question...

Curious as to why fueling appears to be running relatively richer between 4200~5200rpm...Is this an intentional tuning strategy or result of having this particular aux fuel system installed?

Aux Fuel system.jpg

Curious as to why fueling appears to be running relatively richer between 4200~5200rpm...Is this an intentional tuning strategy or result of having this particular aux fuel system installed?

View attachment 8093
Yea its a little too rich there, its going to get tweaked some. I am already on a new revision since, I was just showing what it was maxing out a.
It still has a bit of final polishing left now.
I will post up vp101 results soon hopefully. Also I am going to get some actual dyno time scheduled here soon.

DHM1

1000 Post Club

View attachment 8093
Yea I'm constantly bouncing around on this tune to try and test diff affects so non of the aux stuff has the attention to detail yet.

Russ

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Judging by this all the gd number on this were made with a external gate or stiffer wg spring.

Ford Community Posts