Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Sound Symposer Delete for Fiesta ST

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Turbocharger Boost Pressure/Charge Air Cooling Temperature (TCBP/CACT) sensor.

Dave

MOFiST

Cheers but Turbocharger is one word. lol I wonder if they ran out of three letter abbreviations?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Cheers but Turbocharger is one word. lol I wonder if they ran out of three letter abbreviations?
I don't know.
It is from the Ford Service Manual.

Dave

MOFiST

Lol I don't doubt you Dave. We need a sticky with all of these terms as a reference. Ford terms seem subtly different to my old Mazda.

On topic the outlet of this symposer is effectively going to measure the same pressure/temp as what the TCBP sensor already shows. I personally wouldn't go to trouble of a dash gauge for that especially if you're lucky enough to have Cobb AP. But each to his own.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
Install video!

[video=youtube;0GeyryWvB90]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GeyryWvB90[/video]

Finally got mine installed since its warming up out. I love it can't believe I waited this long to get it!
Same - finally got it installed when I returned from the U.S recently.
The instal video makes it look MUCH easier than it is .... that spring clip, what an absolute MoFo (!!!) that was to move. Once off, it was EASY!
Still - very please overall.

Thanks Boomba!

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #32
Same - finally got it installed when I returned from the U.S recently.
The instal video makes it look MUCH easier than it is .... that spring clip, what an absolute MoFo (!!!) that was to move. Once off, it was EASY!
Still - very please overall.

Thanks Boomba!
That clamp can be a real pain on some cars lol

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
From what I gathered. If running higher than stock boot the Symposer could fail (not proven but it is a weaker diaphragm). Allows to hear the exhaust notes (good for after market exhaust), said differently you hear the car not only the engine sound piped in through it. As an added benefit the hole in the firewall can now be used to pass other cables and vaccum hoses. But like style its an eye of the beholder function. You can DIY a plug to see if you like the affect.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/146-Fiesta-ST-Sound-Symposer/

Chris G

I was just happy to get rid of the symposer noise. That was a huge benefit in itself.

From what I gathered. If running higher than stock boot the Symposer could fail (not proven but it is a weaker diaphragm). Allows to hear the exhaust notes (good for after market exhaust), said differently you hear the car not only the engine sound piped in through it. As an added benefit the hole in the firewall can not be used to pass other cables and vaccum hoses. But like style its an eye of the beholder function. You can DIY a plug to see if you like the affect.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/146-Fiesta-ST-Sound-Symposer/
hey thx for taking the time to lay that out for me. I will definitely take a look at this.

- Jared