Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

canadian motorcraft oil and filter

after some research for me in quebec province the only place i have found motorcraft oil is at the dealer, just for the info..

oil 5w20 semi-synth- 4.10$/ 1 quart need 5

filter fl-910-s- 7.59$

me32

1000 Post Club
Pretty expensive there
You may be better off buy it online a head of time.

OP
alf45
Thread Starter #3
i did not find any canadian site that sell it on line, and even ebay is more expensive, not easy beeing in canada.

OP
alf45
Thread Starter #5
yes in deed but 47$ 5 quart of oil and 12$ a filter, it's not a very good deal. you guys in the state you really don't pay much for your parts.

I wasn't aware that Ford required the usage of Motorcraft products for the warranty.
What happens if you go to Mr. Lube? Arent they supposed to be warranty safe?

OP
alf45
Thread Starter #10
You can choose whatever oil or filter you want as long as it respect the compagny sp?cifications, but let says you get a faulty filter and you blow your engine, if they prove that it is the cause of the failure in my experience they are going to charge the repair and after that it is up to you to sue either the shop that install it or the filter compagny. So i personnaly prefer to put oem product, that way it,s ford fault if something bad happen..lol..

My opinion.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
You can choose whatever oil or filter you want as long as it respect the compagny sp?cifications, but let says you get a faulty filter and you blow your engine, if they prove that it is the cause of the failure in my experience they are going to charge the repair and after that it is up to you to sue either the shop that install it or the filter compagny. So i personnaly prefer to put oem product, that way it,s ford fault if something bad happen..lol..

My opinion.
The odds are very unlikely to occur. But to be fair you know it will work. Personally I prefer other higher end parts/product than the minimum the OE requires.. Even reading the manual (yes I read it waiting for the vehicle to arrive) they state as long as it has the stamp of approval you can use it without impacting the warranty.

My opinion.
When I spoke to my dealer they said the filter is a must. Since as you said, if they relate any engine problem back to the filter then it's something they would cover. But you can use any oil regardless.

The discussion came up when they saw I was running Royal Purple and a Fram filter.

When I spoke to my dealer they said the filter is a must. Since as you said, if they relate any engine problem back to the filter then it's something they would cover. But you can use any oil regardless.

The discussion came up when they saw I was running Royal Purple and a Fram filter.
As long as you find a filter with the correct pressure relief valve spec you will be ok. What they don't want to see are specs that are too high in the case of a clog. Other than that, they cannot force you to use the OEM filter.
I much prefer using Amsoil filters (or in the case of my Subaru I used to use either the Japanese Subaru filters or Mazda rx-8 filters...Subaru now using a Fram filter as OE in north America and the quality is poor).

Has anyone cut open a Motorcraft to determine the component quality? They could be the best option as sometimes the OE parts are actually engineered to be better than the aftermarket.