Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

shouldbeasy's 'not a build' build.

gabe

You should look into xenondepot.Com they have h11 LEDs headlight bulbs and fogs. They come with ballasts. I think they work great. And they aren't blinding like HIDs.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
You should look into xenondepot.Com they have h11 LEDs headlight bulbs and fogs. They come with ballasts. I think they work great. And they aren't blinding like HIDs.
The Phillips headlight bulbs are HID Halogen's and so they don't have a crazy amount of scatter. The fogs are HID and I love them - the nice yellow contrast for snow and rain provides some good shadows for depth. They're not going anywhere!

gabe

The Phillips headlight bulbs are HID Halogen's and so they don't have a crazy amount of scatter. The fogs are HID and I love them - the nice yellow contrast for snow and rain provides some good shadows for depth. They're not going anywhere!
Whoa that's cheap!! Well I might be a little jealous because of price. But I believe mine are brighter and should last a lot longer. Price a little high but they are LEDs.http://www.xenondepot.com/H11-LED-headlight-kit-p/h11-led-hl.htm
That's what I bought for headlights and different LEDs for my fogs.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
Whoa that's cheap!! Well I might be a little jealous because of price. But I believe mine are brighter and should last a lot longer. Price a little high but they are LEDs.http://www.xenondepot.com/H11-LED-headlight-kit-p/h11-led-hl.htm
That's what I bought for headlights and different LEDs for my fogs.
Xenon Depot has some quality bulbs for sure - I think my preferred guys are finally stocking them... I should check out The Retrofit Source. They've taken care of me in the past.

In any case, as I drive on gravel all the time to get in and out of my house, I end up bouncing around on less than quality roads. After reading the reviews on the Koni Orange SRT.T shocks I decided to bite the bullet and get it done. Hopefully the results are worth the price tag but at the price that 2J Racing is selling the full kits I could not resist.

Very excited - I'll hopefully have them for the end of the month.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Xenon Depot has some quality bulbs for sure - I think my preferred guys are finally stocking them... I should check out The Retrofit Source. They've taken care of me in the past.

In any case, as I drive on gravel all the time to get in and out of my house, I end up bouncing around on less than quality roads. After reading the reviews on the Koni Orange SRT.T shocks I decided to bite the bullet and get it done. Hopefully the results are worth the price tag but at the price that 2J Racing is selling the full kits I could not resist.

Very excited - I'll hopefully have them for the end of the month.
Curious myself. I have similar road conditions. Did you lower further from stock?

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
Curious myself. I have similar road conditions. Did you lower further from stock?
Nope - told myself I wasn't going to lower this car. I'll set it up more rally style than road course racing.

You'll certainly see my review posted here, I'll try to be detailed in the differences. And whether or not it was worth it!

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
Finally got around to installing my Moroso Oil Catch Can

Overshot my inital mounting pin location... not a worry, drill another hole and connect the two. This added room allowed the bracket and catch can to just slip in behind the engine and still allow me to get at the drain.

Last edited:
OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #30
Installed the Koni SRT.T shocks all around and I am pretty happy with the results. Initially I was hesitant to purchase these thinking 'how much change am I actually looking for?' and thankfully these guys didn't change the handling dynamics of the car too much.

It seems to follow the road a bit more - I've driven it only 40kms or so but on the washboard gravel road that leads to my house the difference was noticeable. With a bad back I wanted to take out some of the sharp jarring bumps from the suspension and with these shocks it seems to have done just that. I need some more time on the street in order to see how the handling really shakes out but for the moment, I'm happy with the results.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #31
Added some Lightforce Striker 170 lights with yellow spot lens - when I added the tint to the headlights things dimmed considerably... I will be taking the Lamin-X off the fog lights to gain back some light but it's serviceable for city driving and I have the Striker 170's hooked up to the high beams via relay.

Also trimmed out the back of the front grill with the handy 4 1/2" grinder - fortunately you can melt the plastic and it is thermoplastic and when cooled will pop off in random globs. I got so frustrated trying to do it slowly I found this out by blasting it out due to impatience!

The front crash member was also notched, filled and welded back up to give me a mounting surface for the Strikers and they BARELY fit. I can MAYBE get a playing card through between bumper and light. Cut my measurements a bit tight!! Super happy with the results though. Looks great.

Thanks to user Pete and his ride Michelle for the inspiration

Last edited:

Pete

That looks fantastic! I currently removed mine for track days. I miss the extra light when on a twisty road up in the canyons/mountains. I am working something I can easily remove for track days but keep on for my normal driving. Ive even thought about cutting the wholw grill out but im not sure I could make that look right.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33
That looks fantastic! I currently removed mine for track days. I miss the extra light when on a twisty road up in the canyons/mountains. I am working something I can easily remove for track days but keep on for my normal driving. Ive even thought about cutting the wholw grill out but im not sure I could make that look right.
Why the removal for track days?

Pete

I wanted all the airflow to hit the radiator as efficiently as possible. My results were I never over heated my car where some people in a bone stock car did have overheating issues at the event I went to.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #35
Exact reason I thought it would be for. The lights take up a lot of front end real estate but I live in a cooler climate (Canada, eh) and so I'm sure I'll be fine most all the time.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #36
Also added some Philips LED reverse lights - seem to do the trick - having tinted windows makes backing up at night a bit difficult some nights.

Pete

Yeah it is a bit warmer here in southern california ;) with the lights in on normal roads the car never overheated. I just wanted to make sure to not have any issues on the track. I have seen a few led lights in person and wow are they bright. On my too do list amongst a ton of other stuff.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #40
Highway Cruise Windows Up
[VIDEO=youtube;jR_EMabUhA0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR_EMabUhA0[/VIDEO]

Cruise Around Boat Launch Windows Up
[VIDEO=youtube;ZNqk-UW3y8w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNqk-UW3y8w[/VIDEO]

Cruise Around Boat Launch Beside Exhaust
[VIDEO=youtube;NTSJ9bBpIYg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTSJ9bBpIYg[/VIDEO]

Ford Community Posts