Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

shouldbeasy's 'not a build' build.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #42
REALLY NICE homestead you have up there in cowboy country! [thumb]
(And the ride is pretty sweet as well! [driving])
Thanks! It was a bit run down when I got the place but I put a fair bit of sweat and dollars into it. Loving it now - hoping I can keep it with my back not playing nice...

The FiST needs an intercooler and a few other goodies but I'm very happy with it. I might get small dolly for the front wheels if I land a new Sprinter 4x4 - I'd love to tow this rig around to all the cool roads in North America. Now that's a retirement! ha!

Tucked the FiST into the garage for a couple weeks (damn I'm slow) for a detail before fall / winter. Took it just down the road for a few pictures and then went for a good cruise in the Kananaskis to get some pictures and an exhaust video.

Video
[video]https://youtu.be/NTSJ9bBpIYg[/video]

Based on the conditions and road situation you are talking about, looks like you've done a great job piecing this together! Jealous of the views in your photos too - wouldn't mind having some of those in SoCal

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #44
Time for a (long over due) update:

- built a full tray skid plate
- trimmed fins in front of intercooler
- Fumoto quick change oil drain valve (purchased, yet to be done)
- Royal Purple Transmission Fluid drain and fill (purchased, yet to be done)
- winter wheel change over
- Depo Racing Intercooler (ordering today / this weekend)
- Catless Downpipe (ordering today / this weekend)

An oil change is in my near future so I'll be removing the skid plate and tweaking the mounting locations. I'm pretty happy with the results (and I'm not that easy to please).

I have since added a third hole below the other two and in the middle - now I can reach the drain plug! ha!

Last edited:
Looks really good dude. I've been thinking about cutting the fins off of mine as well but was worried about the bottom lip sagging, doesn't look like its an issue for you though. I hope you have a heated garage to work in cause I just did my depo IC last night and its already brutally cold to be wrenching haha.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #46
Looks really good dude. I've been thinking about cutting the fins off of mine as well but was worried about the bottom lip sagging, doesn't look like its an issue for you though. I hope you have a heated garage to work in cause I just did my depo IC last night and its already brutally cold to be wrenching haha.
Installing the propane fired furnace was one of the first things I did when I moved in!! Heated 3 car garage is amazing...

Thanks for the kind words - I was thinking the same re: bottom of the lip sagging out and it doesn't seem to want to (thankfully). I had seen others do it which gave me confidence to break out the OLFA blade and get it done.

I've spent all of my 'fun' money and more... my mom is getting me a downpipe and a Mountune symposer delete for christmas! lol - best parents ever! The 2JRacing catless DP is the one I chose - the one thing that bugged me about most DP's is that they don't have the secondary mounting location such as the stock and the Mountune. The 2JRacing DOES have new mounting points as stated on their webpage.

But before the DP was the intercooler - a much needed upgrade as I've been neglecting it for some time (I'm broke and broken - stupid back). That being said, I sent Tim an email over at Depo Racing just to see if he had any blemished items kicking around. Thankfully one was a FiST intercooler!! I saved the exchange rate in a discount! Fuck ya!

This trip to Montana is gonna be a good one... I love this car.

Are you heading to montana just for the IC or are there other parts waiting there for you? I ask because the shipping for my IC+ piping from tim was 30 with no additional taxes or customs charges so if its just the IC ur going down for, it may be cheaper to just pay shipping.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #48
Are you heading to montana just for the IC or are there other parts waiting there for you? I ask because the shipping for my IC+ piping from tim was 30 with no additional taxes or customs charges so if its just the IC ur going down for, it may be cheaper to just pay shipping.
That's a good deal!

I've go a few other items down there - my family uses it for items we can't get in Canada.

Do you think the piping upgrade was worth it? I've considered coming up with something myself using the local Greenline Hose... make it all flexible suction hose.

Also, I edited the main page to show links to all the items I could - hopefully it helps someone!! Just going over it makes me think damn, I've actually done a fair bit to this car (it doesn't show it nearly as much as my 4Runner...)

Id say the hot side is definitely worth the upgrade as there are some serious choke points there. The cold side you could pass on because the oem piping there is actually good size. The cold side is really short too because it hooks up to your oem throttle body so you're not replacing very much piping anyways. All that being said....feels nice to have matching piping hah

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^NICE!! SnowCross Rancho Alberta! [thumb] [cool]

Were all of the 'nannies' off for that?

It must be sweet to have A LOT of land to play on! [:)]

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #54
^^^NICE!! SnowCross Rancho Alberta! [thumb] [cool]

Were all of the 'nannies' off for that?

It must be sweet to have A LOT of land to play on! [:)]
I'm enjoying it while I still have it!! I need to get a decent payout from my lawsuit for my back injury so I can pay off the mortgage... But for now, field shenanigans!

VSC was right off - it would go bonkers without traction at the front. I was impressed though! The Fiesta never stopped dead and I was always moving - bogged a bit when I had slowed in a corner and was still in second gear but that's expected I guess.

Lots of fun, best part is no damage cause zee snow is so fluffy!!

Maybe I should do some 4Runner shenanigans too...

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #55
Ugh. It appears priorities are changing and my 4Runner is going to be heading towards the chopping block. That being said, I'm going to move some of the funds from the sale / part out over to the FiST in the form of a X-47 kit. Should be fun.

Install won't be until April I imagine, winter is here and isn't leaving anytime soon.

Funny you say that, i was going to order an x47 this week. I wonder if theres any savings if we order together? Shipping to canada is awful...

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #57
Funny you say that, i was going to order an x47 this week. I wonder if theres any savings if we order together? Shipping to canada is awful...
Ha! Phone and ask!

Shipping wasn't too bad I thought - only like ?100, total order being ?1424.xx which is only $2400 Canadian.

Maybe ill ask Tony. I was planning on going the puma route rather than panda because im thinking ill get either russ or alex to tune it, any reason why you're not buying from panda?

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #60
Maybe ill ask Tony. I was planning on going the puma route rather than panda because im thinking ill get either russ or alex to tune it, any reason why you're not buying from panda?
Cheaper.... I've already got a Stratified tune and I hope I can work out a deal with them as I haven't actually ran the 91 or 93 octane tunes, just the winter tune. Cause, well, it's winter.

Also, Panda's website is so vague - what the heck is 'fully kitted'?? On Pumaspeed's site I can pick whatever options I want...