Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

shouldbeasy's 'not a build' build.

what was the process for putting the 3M wrap on there? And could you include a link to the actual product? I'm interested in doing something similar, but want to make sure I don't screw it up.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #104
what was the process for putting the 3M wrap on there? And could you include a link to the actual product? I'm interested in doing something similar, but want to make sure I don't screw it up.
Whoa! Sorry I missed this - I used a Lamin-X product, it was their headlight cover I think... I went with the lightest 'tint' I could get and I can't remember if it was in the gunsmoke line up or not. Either way, get the lightest tint you can as otherwise the light output from headlights will be diminished so much they're damn near useless. I had to go with clear covers on my fog lights as I need them for night driving!!

In other news, I decided a pedal upgrade was in the works - I was tired of having my right foot slip off the brake while trying to heel-toe (more like ball-toe for my size 12 feet) and thus I ordered up some OMP pedals. Very happy with the end result.

How to remove the stock metal covers:

Bare pedals:

New pedals mounted - I have adjusted the brake pedal up one notch as it was catching on my right foot. Also, I should note that I used some aftermarket bolts for the gas pedal as the provided bolts were not long enough to go through the plastic and I wasn't keen on trimming it down enough for it to work. Thus, I used ~2.5" bolts and a good sized washer on the back side. Set up beautifully now.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
In other news, I decided a pedal upgrade was in the works - I was tired of having my right foot slip off the brake while trying to heel-toe (more like ball-toe for my size 12 feet) and thus I ordered up some OMP pedals. Very happy with the end result.

How to remove the stock metal covers:

Bare pedals:

New pedals mounted - I have adjusted the brake pedal up one notch as it was catching on my right foot. Also, I should note that I used some aftermarket bolts for the gas pedal as the provided bolts were not long enough to go through the plastic and I wasn't keen on trimming it down enough for it to work. Thus, I used ~2.5" bolts and a good sized washer on the back side. Set up beautifully now.
NICE! [thumb]

I had a set of these on my '89 GTI, and I will eventually get them for this car as well.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #107
Alex @ Stratified decided he doesn't like feedback regarding the time it takes for him to product his tunes and such he's given up on my car. Looks like tuning is done!

Final numbers are good enough for me - in reality I'm not racing it nor do I care about being the fastest FiST on the road, I simply want to have fun.

Best: X-47 - 94 octane tune - 249hp - 282 ft*lbs @ 3300' (1100m)

Last edited:
OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #108
Ugh. I hate Photofuckit - I'll be changing over to imgur with all my images soon enough. I'll go back and clean up this thread the best I can. Fortunately I am pretty organized when it comes to pictures so finding everything shouldn't be a problem. But, as my name suggests....

On to the latest update - I figured my underside wasn't complete without an evap can skid plate from @no-pistons - I've got his other items to dress up the car and add some performance and as my car is a rally car, why not!

Based

Alex @ Stratified decided he doesn't like feedback regarding the time it takes for him to product his tunes and such he's given up on my car. Looks like tuning is done!

Final numbers are good enough for me - in reality I'm not racing it nor do I care about being the fastest FiST on the road, I simply want to have fun.

Best: X-47 - 94 octane tune - 249hp - 282 ft*lbs @ 3300' (1100m)
That is extremely distasteful of Alex to do that. If anything he is pushing away more people just so they don't support someone that does that.

250 whp is weak though for an x47. You should get it retuned

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #111
Ya, I find it pretty hilarious to be honest. All I ever did was criticize how long it took to get the tune revisions and nothing else - he took it personal and that was that.

I'll probably go with methanol injection next year to finish my build so I'll hold off on tuning until then.

And keep in mind I'm at 3000' elevation so stack 20hp and 20tq on the numbers you see if you're at sea level.

Based

A part of me thinks that just dropping you like that after you paid for a tune is illegal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A part of me thinks that just dropping you like that after you paid for a tune is illegal

Alex gave him his money back, Alex handled the situation very professionally where [MENTION=1015]shouldbeasy[/MENTION] was badmouthing him.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #114
Alex gave him his money back, Alex handled the situation very professionally where [MENTION=1015]shouldbeasy[/MENTION] was badmouthing him.
Oh ya - I bad mouthed the shit outta them!! Told the truth and it hurt! ha! I'll tell anyone that listens that their products are fine, they're just slow as fuck.

Alex gave me $75 USD back - if he hadn't I would have just done a Visa charge back. So.... thanks for stopping by!

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #115

He 'didn't feel like tuning the car anymore' so I wasn't going to push it - I've wondered if he just wanted me to beg to have my car tuned from him or some shit.

Based

Yeah. Most vendors in the fiesta st community are very... Unprofessional? I guess? Like they don't like it at all when people critique their product. It's like just to get a product around here you have to make sure to be quiet and don't talk about any vendor or they'll take offense and drop you or just not like you.

I have a strat OTS tune. I like it. And I think Alex knows what the hell hes doing when it comes to tuning. But taking three months for a tune is ridiculous. But you get what you pay for and they deliver. I just hope that the extra time it takes them to put out revisions compared to other tuners is worth it.

Regardless, I'm going to go with PD Tuning, because of what stratified did. I want to see if PD can deliver and if they can then great! But if they can not I will try stratified.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #117
Yeah. Most vendors in the fiesta st community are very... Unprofessional? I guess? Like they don't like it at all when people critique their product. It's like just to get a product around here you have to make sure to be quiet and don't talk about any vendor or they'll take offense and drop you or just not like you.

I have a strat OTS tune. I like it. And I think Alex knows what the hell hes doing when it comes to tuning. But taking three months for a tune is ridiculous. But you get what you pay for and they deliver. I just hope that the extra time it takes them to put out revisions compared to other tuners is worth it.

Regardless, I'm going to go with PD Tuning, because of what stratified did. I want to see if PD can deliver and if they can then great! But if they can not I will try stratified.

A friend has said so to me in private as well - he doesn't want to compromise his tune so he didn't say anything!

I guess my 'give a fucks' ran out...

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Guess it's a good thing I did not opt for the revisions when I ordered my Tunes from stratified. LOL

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #120
Went and had some fun on a bit of single track I know of - [MENTION=5751]letitreign[/MENTION] joined in and I managed to get some decent photos of the two cars.

Beware, sound has lots of wind noise as the case was the open version.
[video=youtube;QNiWBdEhgvA]https://youtu.be/QNiWBdEhgvA
[/video]

Last edited: