Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST carbon fiber parts "Group buy feeler"

Trader history for CMbuildz Racing (0)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
In Time Attach racing where you purposely stay away from other cars power and aero are king.

Not sure which car appeared first as the prior FWD car looked like this which is their newer AWD with stock blocked based, 2.4 engine making 1100 HP with an additional 400 on demand by injection of Nitro Methane.

This may be the second aero package or the first AWD package as the car above is the newer body style, when I first read about it they stated a Formula 1 aerodynamist (spelling?) spent a great deal of time, meaning lots of $$$$$$$$$$$ into it.

This was my far more humble tC, street/track/audio competition build and it was very fast in the corners but I did not finish the GT3076R turbo kit I still have here as it needed far more power, I would of had around 400WHP on pump gas and more on race fuel.

It was street legal but I rarely drove it on the streets as a bit to wild looking and though carefully designed for safety and getting in and out, comfy but very tight Racetech seats, 6 point harnesses, not much fun for errands though it rode great. I also won sound quality audio competitions and it hit 138.4 db for two minutes on bass from a single sealed 15" sub which is damn loud, on music! This car with a full interior minus back seat, AC, cruise, audio, etc weighed in at 2575 lbs wet, about what my FiST will weigh when done. It had a much lower CG, wider track, 265 race tires, I will not get the same cornering out of my FiST ever, fast, just not like this car which I clocked at 5 MPH higher than I was watching the lead GrandAM cars out of whichcraft corner at MMP, it stuck!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Look at the second picture, I love the visual and noise of brake rotors glowing in the daylight:)

TheStig

Just look at the time attack unlimited classes, they all run batshit huge wings for downforce. I dont know what that guy was thinking, that they uber riced out an Evo or what, but that wing and all the active aero is 100% functional.

I hate the term riced out it seems if someone puts anything on a car that the other person doesn't like or won't put on his/her car they call it rice drives me crazy

TheStig

I hate the term riced out it seems if someone puts anything on a car that the other person doesn't like or won't put on his/her car they call it rice drives me crazy
You cant call out what works, downforce in racing is NO joke. Watch a top fuel drag car lose its wing halfway through a run, it becomes a gigantic lawn dart.

Im sure people said that this magnificent beauty was stupid until it made their heads spin in NASCAR all those years ago.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
"Rice" wannabe go fast in looks only, hurts real performance, tacky looking low quality fit and finish, fart can exhaust tips.....

-----------------

The street version of that Plymouth is worth a fortune now, the race version would be nuts $$$$$$, by todays standards they are killers at heart when it comes to safety but they were fast for the times.

TheStig

"Rice" wannabe go fast in looks only, hurts real performance, tacky looking low quality fit and finish, fart can exhaust tips.....

-----------------

The street version of that Plymouth is worth a fortune now, the race version would be nuts $$$$$$, by todays standards they are killers at heart when it comes to safety but they were fast for the times.
Well safety wasnt their concern back then, look at Formula One cars from the same period. It was how big are your balls and how lucky are you, their talent level is no question at all. If you raced professionally in any discipline against the best in the world for that sport, you are talented as can be.

Izzy

I'd be interested in fenders that would allow at least a 245 tire.

Ah the Chris Rado cars of old. I worked for redline time attack back in those days as technically advisor/ tech inspector/ grid guy. It was cool to see how each event he added more Aero and when the motor would hold up, he would faster and faster. Not many people he started has a track guy before he got big into drag racing. I inspected his Tc a lot after off track episodes. He was always pushing the limits of FwD. big aero and big HP is king of time attack. Need big power to push all that aero at speed. But the grip levels are amazing once u get that much aero into a car. My old time attack e36M3 had decent aero and was so stable at the limit. Wish we could get decent frontal aero for the fiesta. It would definitely benefit from good frontal aero and a decent wing or gurney flap on the stock wing. Just enough to keep it stable under hard braking as even in the stock form I have noticed it get really loose when braking at the limit on the street. Brakes ducts would be on my list as well.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
OEFvet11,
Were you at MMP in 07 or 08? I was there in my tC but blew the engine due to a bad tune on the super charger the second day where I expected to win my class, I finished 2nd overall due to my times the first day but it was the first track event for the car and I made some good tweaks to the setup that would of helped quite a bit.

--------------

I agree about the rear needing some help, my car is lighter by a fair amount in the rear due to rear seat delete, etc...on 225 RA1 tires, 9" wide wheels all around, 130MPH before braking into turn one at MMP the rear was pretty loose unless I kept the tank pretty full which helped quite a bit.

I will have a bit bigger battery in the back than I have there now, window washer bottle and pump, taking all the weight out of the front of the car that I can, and building a low weight quick release amp, processor and subwoofer setup that might end up staying in on track if the car is more balanced.

I have changed the rear camber to -1.9 and 0.0 toe so that might help as well as it does on high speed corners, I was running that setup already so I know I need a better front to rear balance.

I have the TR splitter with a full undertray to help the front but going to add some aluminum extensions for now to make it more effective but wait until I get something done on the rear.

The stock "wing" has an issue with the holes in it and lip before them. The Ford race shop manager at MMP looked over my car very carefully and made some interesting replies to my questions and ideas and said a gurney flap would not work due to the those holes and lip causing the air to curl before it hit the flap, just causing turbulence instead of adding downforce. I asked about sanding down the ridges and making it a solid surface then at the flap and he said it would work better but not add much gain, a real wing would be best.

I have been considering the smallest APR wing and beefing up the stock or a none ST wing with easy to remove mounts that are as clean looking as I can make them so I can just have it on at the track. Also the S2000 wing and other ideas.

I have also planning to sand off the backing off the rear "grill" to let some air out that gets trapped there.

Ultimately I may cut off the bottom of the tire well and make it tapered to the rear and make a real diffuser.

Right now I just have to get it up and running and no more major projects as have a buyer for the house and have to get it cleared out soon.

I think I was there. Can't remember as it was always crazy there. U remember a guy in camo shorts on the grid, always smoking, wearing glasses, and running around than it was me. I smoked like mad back than and always wore the same pair of camo "good luck" shorts.

I'd love to see a nice rear wing that fit over the stock wing or replaced it. IE. BMW E36 M3 tall LTW wing.. something like that would work well, (a whale tail style) low enough drag to not hurt top speed, but enough down force to stabilize the car under heavy braking.
It all can be done. We just need a shop willing to put the R&D time into doing it. I don't have the time or space or spare car to put time into fab work anymore. I'll prototype test parts for anyone though. Done it before with my E36. Gladly do it again.