Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Roof Rack w/ Moon roof

Hey guys

Don't know if there are any guys out there with the roof rack and moon roof but, when I had the roof rack on I notice, I can't open my moon roof cause of the strong wind noise that comes through... I already spent the money for the aero bars hoping that would fix the problem, but it clearly didn't help =/

Was wondering if any of you know if I get a fairing for it, would it help fix the problem??

Thanks!

Edit: Never mind... just checked there are no fairings for the Aero bars...
so I guess my question is, maybe I didn't install them properly but do you guys get the whistling with the roof rack and the moon roof open?

There's just no way around it. You're going to hear wind noise regardless. Fairings may reduce it but not get rid of it. Even factory installed racks makes wind noise. Good thing with aftermarket ones, is they're removable. If it really bothers you just put them on when you need them.

Not sure if it works on aero bars, but I know people that have had luck wrapping string or a bungee around round bars to break up the air flow... kind of like the spiral around the radio antenna. Anecdotally, I've ready 10 wraps with small diameter bungee works???? Might be worth some experimentation...