Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

• Mountune

Votes: 67 11.5%
  • PERON

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Airtec

Votes: 19 3.2%
  • ATP

Votes: 10 1.7%
  • Cobb Tuning

Votes: 74 12.6%
  • Forge Motorsport

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Levels Performance

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Mishimoto J-Line

Votes: 32 5.5%
  • R-Sport

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Deadhook Motorsports

Votes: 47 8.0%
  • Depo Racing

Votes: 102 17.4%
  • Mishimoto (Direct Fit)

Votes: 21 3.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 27 4.6%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 40 6.8%
  • MTC

Votes: 15 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 109 18.6%

• Total voters

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Its all good man :)

Its not my personal product. Plus... Unlike you, we only have one option, you can use one of many different euro coolers.

Without a "dog in the fight", what is it that you don't like about the cooler ? I mean really. Could be something your right about.

You've contributed as much as anybody around here, so I'm interested in your response for sure.

Nothing wrong with a J-line, as long as your ok with less frontal area. For the cost, its a good option. But there is a difference between doing the job well, and doing the job in epic fashion.

Does it snow in Australia ? I assumed your climate was similar to mine in Florida, meaning maximum cooling is a super bit deal. It was 40 degrees here a week ago, and 94 degrees today, lol.

Please... Promise not to be a jerk.

And "drinking the kool-aid" is a perfect way to say it, lol. Also see: "nut swinging" lol.

And that's messed up, I had more faith in the Aussie's logic over our retarded american "gold digging whore" driven family court system.

Take one person, make them a slave ( I goto jail if I don't goto work ). While my ex has an extreme amount of disposable income to simulate the economy with
Hi mate,

It does snow in some parts of Australia on the east coast and you can go skying in the winter time. It usually doesn't snow below 1000 meters and we certainly do not get the frigid winters you guys get in some parts of NA. Driving my nice car on those snow and salt covered roads would probably kill me.
It gets a little warm in the summer where I live now, maybe 95-100 f is a really hot day so a good IC is going to help. The further north you go the hotter it gets and the further inland you go away from the coast the hotter it gets. I am near enough to the beach that my car gets covered in salt spray. Better than snow and salt for sure.
Sour, I have PMed you :)

FistSt215

want the depo cooler too . I hope they don't sell out their first batch. Just need a little more time to pay down this credit card haha.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I wanted to update on here about my experience with 2JR and Racing Depot.
First of all, I was looking for an IC to complete my build to stage 3, and I saw the 2JR IC had the best price and appeared to offer a lot. Big IC, built from R&D company known for racing background. These guys supposely know what they're doing. So I went and bought it and waited about a week for it. When it finally arrived, I was excited like a kid, expecting a box of gold upon opening it... only instead, to find a box of coal. This IC was terrible. Welding was poorly done, it was scuff galore! It was basically an unfinished product. But I figured, ok, so it wasn't polished. So what if it visually looks inferior to pretty much every other IC in the market. At least once it's installed behind the grill, no one will really see it anyway.

Then to my shock, it doesn't even fit... It won't fit, it doesn't fit, it can't fit. No, this isn't from my inability. As others have chimed in, it's impossible. I called 2JR and got the run around. No one was admitting fault, and whomever answered the call said he wasn't able to authorize a refund. Called them some more and got more run around. Finally I was able to get in contact with someone that was willing to authorize a refund, but it will cost me (20%) $80 USD restocking fee. Restocking fee for what?! For their own mistake for selling me a product that had defects? This isn't even like a packaged product with a broken seal. It's not like there's a product box that got ripped apart or something. These guys are probably just gonna turn around and resell it for full value since it's unused. On top, I had to fork out $48 USD to ship it back. Once again, more money out of my pocket due to 2JR's incompetence. What a joke! By the end of all this, I lost $230 in buying a 22"x8.25"x2.25" piece of junk that's not even good for paper weight (cause it's too big).

Here comes Racing Depo. I bought their DP because it was cheap. I wasn't expecting much this time, but boy, was I wrong! Their product look top notch. So I realized they were also developing an IC for the FiST. I waited for it to be released and orded it immediately. Their price/quality is totally worth it. Shipping was fast too! (3 days). All I can say is WOW! Not only because 2JR was cheap shi#! in comparison, but I was very impressed with the quality of Depo Racing's IC. The weld lines are more clean, the surface shines under minimal light. It was also packaged to handle a 10 scale Richter earthquake.

Nevermind the actual IC... Even the styrofoam is silver and shiny!! Seriously, this styrofoam looked better than 2JR's IC.

Came with hardware, and includes instructions... or a manual telling you where to find a YouTube instruction, lol

I am beyond impressed with this brand and their quality. It goes to show you cheap price doesn't always mean cheap quality.
*HIGHLY recommend this cooler*

Fully installed, piece of cake, like how it should have been. No BS fitment issues at all.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Which Fiesta ST intercooler did you choose?

#1 holy shizzz its hot in Central Florida right now.

#2 check out this log from today with the stock turbo and DHM garrett core fmic.

http://www.datazap.me/u/sourskittle/dhm-hot-weather-testing-core?log=0&data=3-4-6
[MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] [MENTION=759]Hijinx[/MENTION]

Spoiler... It rises a PEAK of 2 degrees and is .5 degrees over the starting temp at redline :0

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
#1 holy shizzz its hot in Central Florida right now.

#2 check out this log from today with the stock turbo and DHM garrett core fmic.

http://www.datazap.me/u/sourskittle/dhm-hot-weather-testing-core?log=0&data=3-4-6
[MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] [MENTION=759]Hijinx[/MENTION]

Spoiler... It rises a PEAK of 2 degrees and is .5 degrees over the starting temp at redline :0
Tame that tiny turbo!

Scent from Glade Air Freshener

Can you also add Mishimoto I/C as well? Not their J-Line, but their newest one. It's a total plug and play, along with their own diverters. Very well made, perfect fit, and pretty light for an aftermarket I/C at 12 lbs.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Poll updated...Added (below)

"Depo Racing"

"Mishimoto (Direct Fit)"

"Modern Automotive Performance"

"Custom Performance Engineering"

My MAPerformance IC finally arrived today, installed it and switch to stage 3 cobb map..... I like it a lot! It's 105 today in the desert and charge temps kept steady around 105 held steady for multiple pulls in 2nd and 3rd! The intercooler itself looked decent, one elbow was bent pretty good, didn't want to try and bother sending it back since it took so long to get here in the first place. Probably just leave it alone, seems like it is holding boost o.k. no leaks and nice little butt- dyno improvement over stage 1 map w/factory IC. IMG_20160614_161928.jpg