Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

• Mountune

Votes: 67 11.5%
  • PERON

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Airtec

Votes: 19 3.2%
  • ATP

Votes: 10 1.7%
  • Cobb Tuning

Votes: 74 12.6%
  • Forge Motorsport

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Levels Performance

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Mishimoto J-Line

Votes: 32 5.5%
  • R-Sport

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Deadhook Motorsports

Votes: 47 8.0%
  • Depo Racing

Votes: 102 17.4%
  • Mishimoto (Direct Fit)

Votes: 21 3.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 27 4.6%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 40 6.8%
  • MTC

Votes: 15 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 109 18.6%

• Total voters

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Imagine something being made and exported from China in this day and age! Shocking! I though Canadians were supposed to be nice - no wonder Trump is sending troops to build the wall on the border! I for one don't want any more rapists and murderers swimming across a lake attacking my Woosh Intercooler. What?? Oh, never mind. Just put on yer toque and get some Tim Hortons, hoser.
Its most likely MELEE in disguise! Don't worry it will be ok.....I am the resident troll Usually here ask anyone. But a broken clock is right twice a day! [raceflag]

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Imagine something being made and exported from China in this day and age! Shocking! I though Canadians were supposed to be nice - no wonder Trump is sending troops to build the wall on the border! I for one don't want any more rapists and murderers swimming across a lake attacking my Woosh Intercooler. What?? Oh, never mind. Just put on yer toque and get some Tim Hortons, hoser.
He's miffed their milk is sold in bags [hah]

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Are you just going to be one of those guys that post nothing but negative things? People like that intercooler and it comes with support and customer service ebay does not.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
It looks exactly like the ebay intercooler with minor differences for double the price lol. I bet it's from the same factory in China.
honestly it's OK though
the market is saturated with this type of intercooler now so we have stepped up and made our own. One that can't be purchased by anyone due to agreements with our supplier. It's larger than the current whoosh and others that sell a similar unit.
It will still be priced right where the existing V1 whoosh FMIC is currently.
I'll still offer the whoosh V1 but be ready for price reduction like never seen before...

The new whoosh V2 has a longer larger core yet still fits in the stock location. Will not require any undertray trimming at all. Stay tuned...Black Friday will be the release.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I'm not seeing a ton of info on the ebay ones like this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Ford-F...unt-Intercooler-High-Performance/273466337120

by volume specs it looks worth a shot for the money. Sell me on why not.
I'm curious how it compares to the woosh and pwnall all for use on a stage 2 or 3 car.
It's a bar and plate clone of the small direct fit fin and tube Mishimoto... only 25% larger core size than stock and being bar and plate will heat soak not much slower than stock... although it appears to be decent quality for the price, if you have a problem with it you're not exactly getting much support either... for around $300, the one that our vendor trio sells is much larger but still easily direct fit, arrives much faster, and you get direct support here in the U.S... and seriously, ~$300 for a very decent intercooler isn't much to spend.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Since our cars already come with a FMIC from the factory, it surprises me so many people here have "upgraded" to the whoosh intercooler which just looks like an ebay intercooler.
But it's not just an eBay intercooler, those on eBay are only 25% larger than stock core size while the ~$300 ones the vendors here sell are a full 54% larger core size (HUGE difference in performance) and also direct fit... And to be honest, since 3 vendors sell the same one, quality control on their volume is going to be much tighter, you get it much faster and would have direct support from those vendors that are very active on here... ~$325 for a high quality intercooler isn't bad at ALL and all these factors should be considered before going too cheap or making claims you really don't know about...

thanks all. somebody reached out to me with a gently used woosh intercooler so I'll be picking that up for just a little more than the ebay one I posted. I have a massive black friday wish list from a few vendors like woosh and my car should be broken in around then.

SST

i think i got the number right:

Depo 28x6x3=504
Pwnall 28x6.25x3=525
Whoosh 28x6x3=504

there are actually two Chinese intercooler i have found

ACS 24x6.5x3=468
CSK 28.8x4.92x2.56 =362

so none of the ebay/aliexpress ones are identical to the 3 sponsor's

SST

honestly it's OK though
the market is saturated with this type of intercooler now so we have stepped up and made our own. One that can't be purchased by anyone due to agreements with our supplier. It's larger than the current whoosh and others that sell a similar unit.
It will still be priced right where the existing V1 whoosh FMIC is currently.
I'll still offer the whoosh V1 but be ready for price reduction like never seen before...

The new whoosh V2 has a longer larger core yet still fits in the stock location. Will not require any undertray trimming at all. Stay tuned...Black Friday will be the release.

Can't wait!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account

Depo 28x6x3=504
Pwnall 28x6.25x3=525
Whoosh 28x6x3=504

ACS 24x6.5x3=468
CSK 28.8x4.92x2.56 =362

someone doesn't know how to measure or they are trying to make it seem like the intercooler is something it's not.
MTC, whoosh, then much later pawnwheel buying the same intercoolers from the same china manufacturer
All exactly the same intercoolers period no discussion needed 100% fact

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account

Depo 28x6x3=504
Pwnall 28x6.25x3=525
Whoosh 28x6x3=504

ACS 24x6.5x3=468
CSK 28.8x4.92x2.56 =362

someone doesn't know how to measure or they are trying to make it seem like the intercooler is something it's not.
MTC, whoosh, then much later pownwhall buying the same intercoolers from the same china manufacturer

danbfree

3000 Post Club

Depo 28x6x3=504
Pwnall 28x6.25x3=525
Whoosh 28x6x3=504

ACS 24x6.5x3=468
CSK 28.8x4.92x2.56 =362

I'm pretty sure for the 3 vendors there was some confirmed rounding on the core size, I'm 99% sure they are identical... and I'm not sure how the inlet/outlet size goes, but I think most are 2.5" but the ACS is 3" but again, not 100% sure how the sizes work but sound like for the ACS 2- 3" to 2.5" adapter hoses or 3" hoses/pipes would be required and deter even more from it's value that isn't that great considering you are looking at ~$225 shipped from China to start with. For those curious, there is an old thread on the "dead" forum that lists all the core sizes of every IC available as of mid '16, hehe, HERE there are 2 sections you have to scroll down past a few posts to the second set and it makes me wonder what rounding was happening on core sizes as Cobb looks very close to our current vendor trio too.

Anyway, glad to hear Whoosh is coming out with a v2 and happy we have such great vendors passing along good values in general. Just can't go wrong with any of those 3, and like Ron says, there may be some very minor plastic trimming needed but his new V2 won't need that at all and will be priced about the same... I know which one I'm holding out for! :)

danbfree

3000 Post Club
MTC, whoosh, then much later pownwhall buying the same intercoolers from the same china manufacturer
Thanks Ron, for verifying, indeed you 3 all sell the same excellent unit but I'm holding out for your V2. :)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thanks Ron, for verifying, indeed you 3 all sell the same excellent unit but I'm holding out for your V2. :)
good choice
you're pretty picky so that's good for us, I'll send you one at a reduced price to scrutinize for the masses here

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
good choice
you're pretty picky so that's good for us, I'll send you one at a reduced price to scrutinize for the masses here
Now you have me wanting to sell (or send back to you for exchange if that were possible) my brand new, in an unopened carton, CP-E IC, in order to get this one.

But you know what I am 'holding out' for you to offer us (and was wishing that it would be available for Black Friday), correct?
(HINT; both Mountune and Mishimoto are the ONLY other companies to offer an aftermarket, upgraded unit. [wink]).

pwnall1337

Vendor
Went with the MAP ordered directly from them. I like the end tank design, the price point, and I’m sure it will do the job.
I spoke with Adam from map I was curious on the unit itself, he said it'll support up to 500whp with the core they use and american made. Seems like a really sweet setup for only $499.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Went with the MAP ordered directly from them. I like the end tank design, the price point, and I’m sure it will do the job.
I spoke with Adam from map I was curious on the unit itself, he said it'll support up to 500whp with the core they use and american made. Seems like a really sweet setup for only $499.
The price on the MAP is definitely attractive but I'm on the fence about the end tank design -- it looks nice but it's quite a bit wider than Mountune's, so the core has less horizontal surface area; based on the photos, it looks like the MAP core is at least an inch narrower on each end. They claim it's 27" wide; I'm guessing Mountune's is ~29" -- can anybody confirm? Is it taller than a Mountune to compensate?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The price on the MAP is definitely attractive but I'm on the fence about the end tank design -- it looks nice but it's quite a bit wider than Mountune's, so the core has less horizontal surface area; based on the photos, it looks like the MAP core is at least an inch narrower on each end. They claim it's 27" wide; I'm guessing Mountune's is ~29" -- can anybody confirm? Is it taller than a Mountune to compensate?
BravoAlpha....end of story....its one of the biggest intercoolers that is pretty much the same size as the DHM unit that everyone raves about or dreams about.....But you don't need to replace the crash bar...Plus its made to order BY Patrick Bravo and its $470 SHIPPED in the Cont. U.S.....FYI.

https://www.bravoalphaperf.com/products/big-mutha-fist-intercooler-and-race-crash-bar-kit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Last edited: