Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

• Mountune

Votes: 67 11.5%
  • PERON

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Airtec

Votes: 19 3.2%
  • ATP

Votes: 10 1.7%
  • Cobb Tuning

Votes: 74 12.6%
  • Forge Motorsport

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Levels Performance

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Mishimoto J-Line

Votes: 32 5.5%
  • R-Sport

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Deadhook Motorsports

Votes: 47 8.0%
  • Depo Racing

Votes: 102 17.4%
  • Mishimoto (Direct Fit)

Votes: 21 3.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 27 4.6%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 40 6.8%
  • MTC

Votes: 15 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 109 18.6%

• Total voters
The price on the MAP is definitely attractive but I'm on the fence about the end tank design -- it looks nice but it's quite a bit wider than Mountune's, so the core has less horizontal surface area; based on the photos, it looks like the MAP core is at least an inch narrower on each end. They claim it's 27" wide; I'm guessing Mountune's is ~29" -- can anybody confirm? Is it taller than a Mountune to compensate?
Well the end tanks are pretty but you don't see them once installed. The way it ends up you see the end tank welds and maybe 1/8" of the end tank through the stock grill opening. Maybe they could have used a slightly, like veeeerrry slightly wider core, but I don't think it matters. Most of the size increase and cooling capacity bump comes from the depth.

I can tell you that it couldn't be taller or deeper and still fit in the stock location. The bumper touches the end tanks, but still bolts back up with no panel gap. The bottom rubber/metal IC support arm has to be bent a little to get it in.

Sorry I can't get you a picture right now. I'm struggling with photoucket.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Well the end tanks are pretty but you don't see them once installed. The way it ends up you see the end tank welds and maybe 1/8" of the end tank through the stock grill opening. Maybe they could have used a slightly, like veeeerrry slightly wider core, but I don't think it matters. Most of the size increase and cooling capacity bump comes from the depth.

I can tell you that it couldn't be taller or deeper and still fit in the stock location. The bumper touches the end tanks, but still bolts back up with no panel gap. The bottom rubber/metal IC support arm has to be bent a little to get it in.

Sorry I can't get you a picture right now. I'm struggling with photoucket.
Just add a photo directly here by clicking the little camera icon for "Insert image".

183CDC5D-C687-47CF-91A0-2A404A4B8F57.jpeg

Here’s a photo with the front end back on, but with horizontal grill removed. It literally just snaps on/off by hand. Without the grill you will see the end tanks and people will probably know the car’s modded.

I decided to put it back on for more protection from road debris and to keep the sleeper look. I’ll get a photo later today of the final look.

As you can see in the first photo the IC is right under the bumper and the end tanks are very close to the plastic support arms.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Here is the MAP IC with the grill. As you can see 95% or more of the space is filled with the core itself. Also because the end tanks are 6061 aluminum they have cooling properties, which steel does not.
Looking great man, all ready for the turbo upgrade! :)

they have cooling properties, which steel does not.
looks like I better remove my steel rotors for better braking j/k :p

Aluminum will absorb the heat faster and cool quicker, steel can transfer more heat if I remember correctly.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
looks like I better remove my steel rotors for better braking j/k :p

Aluminum will absorb the heat faster and cool quicker, steel can transfer more heat if I remember correctly.
WHO uses steel (even stainless steel) end tanks on their aftermarket ICs? [dunno] [???:)]

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Here is the MAP IC with the grill. As you can see 95% or more of the space is filled with the core itself. Also because the end tanks are 6061 aluminum they have cooling properties, which steel does not.
Thanks for the photos! Are the Mountune end tanks steel?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
WHO uses steel (even stainless steel) end tanks on their aftermarket ICs? [dunno] [???:)]
Thanks for the photos! Are the Mountune end tanks steel?
there are no intercoolers that I'm aware of that use steel components
The MAP intercooler is one of the few that has CNC machined aluminum (instead of cast) end tanks though which is a nice touch
We have sold many and the fitment is spot on as well

MAP is also the only company that has stainless steel intercooler charge pipes which isn't ideal im my opinion but they are made very well

No one probably, I was mistaken. The only difference with MAP is that it’s CNC machined where most other End tanks are cast. Whether that’s a performance benefit or not is debatable I’m sure. Anyways it’s a nice part and I’m happy with the purchase.

SGP1

Hi everyone , does anyone have the original crash bar ( bumper bar) for a 2017 ST ? mine got hit in the front and im needing that , the bumper cover,Hood, right fender, fender support bar ( or frame) and right front tire ( Michelin pilot sport 205/40R17) Thank you so much for your help . SGP1 (My ST is black )

SGP1

Hi RooSTer would you happen to still have your original crash bar and if so would you want to sell it ? I have a 2017 ST and it got hit in the front . thank you !SGP1

Dpro

6000 Post Club
FYI for anyome that wants to know the Mountune’s are now Bar and plate amd rated to a Higher HP than their original Tube and fin. Now they are included in their MRX 280 kit so they are rated to over 300 hp.

Last edited:

pwnall1337

Vendor
We do a terrible job at advertising, but we have two intercooler options in-house for the fiesta these days at Pwnall Performance

We have our pp370 (Rated to 370hp) and our pp550 (Rated to 550hp).

PP370 $329.99

http://pwnallperformance.com/Pwnall...ge-3-Intercooler-Upgrade-FMIC-PP370_p_67.html (in stock)

PP550 $779.99 (For more serious builds)

http://pwnallperformance.com/Pwnall...ies-Intercooler-Upgrade-FMIC-PP550_p_186.html (hand crafted in San Antonio) (in stock)