Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

COBB Releases USDM 2014 Fiesta ST Support

OP
C
Thread Starter #21
OK I can not figure out how to get the stupid LC functon to work.. I have to redline my car to let it come down to 4k and then when i let off the on button it revs back up ?? WTF am I doing wrong it wont take where in the ATR I would set it and it just held this is not the same ...
Are you using both Fuel and Throttle based settings? If so, what are your RPM settings for the LC Fuel Cut, LC Throttle Cut, and LC Throttle Cut Offset? Also, what is the APP%, and Vehicle Speed exit threshold?

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
I figured it out. Just hold ON button on the cruise cont. Then mash the gas. Dont be slow or it will rev high.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I figured it out. Just hold ON button on the cruise cont. Then mash the gas. Dont be slow or it will rev high.
I do not like it as I let go of the button it climbs again so the buttom must be HELD is my guess .. It works but it sure is a busy way to do it.. not a fan I'll stick with a hard LC in the ATR thanks

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Are you using both Fuel and Throttle based settings? If so, what are your RPM settings for the LC Fuel Cut, LC Throttle Cut, and LC Throttle Cut Offset? Also, what is the APP%, and Vehicle Speed exit threshold?

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB
Ok can I get a "How To" in 4th grade engrish ? like Engine running (YES) Clutch IN (YES) Cruise Control ON Button pushed and HELD (YES) Gas pedal to Floor (YES) rpm climbs to near Redline then falls off to 4K let go of Cruise control button engine REV's to Redline... This about how it goes ?? the Cruise Control button is the release button ? so If i let go to set a gopro or anything I need to start all over.. LC is then OFF..

I too have to hold the cruise ON button to keep the revs held.

It's annoying because first gear is so short, it's like launch, immediately try to shift into 2nd gear. and I have to move my hand from the wheel to the shifter.

Can't get the stage 3 OTS map to enable launch control. All while holding the ON button I tried clutch in clutch out and it didn't stop at 4k just went to redline. On the 91 file

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
If you ease into the throttle it will over rev you need to mash it to hit the 90% open before it revs and it will catch at 4k but if you let go or you fat finger (thumb) the cruise button it will over rev too. I know i got phat fingers ;) lol
go quick on the gas once the on button it pushed and hold it till you launch..

I do not like it as I let go of the button it climbs again so the buttom must be HELD is my guess .. It works but it sure is a busy way to do it.. not a fan I'll stick with a hard LC in the ATR thanks
I think you're making this harder than it is. All you have to do when you're ready to go is let go of the button and the clutch at the same time, and hold on!

If the button were on, say, the top of the shifter, you'd only have one hand on the wheel when you're at greatest risk of torque steer. COBB sets your redline at 7000 rpm, giving 35 mph in 1st gear. That's enough time for you to move your hand to the shifter. If you'd watched an F1 race prior to flappy paddle shifting, you'd have no sympathy for your own comment; they shift 3,000 times in a race.

Incidentally-- that also means you can make it to 60 mph with 1 flat-foot shift, since 7000 in 2nd gives you 63.5 mph.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Damn, I really need to learn this LC stuff. I still can't get mine to work on my v103 tune.