Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

COBB Releases USDM 2014 Fiesta ST Support

COBB Ford engineers continue to push the envelope on new feature development and vehicle support with the June product updates. June updates include Fiesta ST map updates, Fusion turbo support, improved data logging resolution, Fiesta ST Launch Control (LC) and Flat Foot Shifting (FFS) updates, and more!

Fiesta ST Map Updates

Version 103 Fiesta ST maps have been added to the AP3-FOR-001 Accessport in addition to the map download pages here. June Fiesta ST updates focus primarily on motorsports performance applications. New COBB logic reduces the motor wear caused by redline fuel cut and replaces the functionality with throttle cut. Other motorsports updates include LC mode switching and FFS additions to the v103 maps.

v103 Map Features:
  • Replaced redline fuel cut with throttle cut
  • Added Flat-Foot-Shifting
  • Added On-The-Fly Launch Control Modes (more details below)
  • Stage2 and Stage3 map support (released ahead of hard parts availability)
Fiesta ST LC & FFS: Accesstuner Updates
  • Table Added: Rev Limiter (Throttle Cut) Launch Control
  • Table Added: Rev Limiter (Throttle Cut) Launch Control Offset
  • Table Added: FFS Activation Threshold (APP)
  • Table Added: Rev Limiter (FFS)
  • Monitor Added: (C) Rev Limit LC (Mode)
  • Monitor Added: (C) Rev Limit LC (Soft)
  • Monitor Added: (C) Rev Limit LC
  • Monitor Added: (C) FFS Status
  • Monitor Added: (C) Rev Limit FFS

Fiesta ST: On-The-Fly Launch Control Modes

Control how your Fiesta ST launches at the track. With the latest updates you can toggle boost on or off to maximize tire grip for varying track conditions. Launch with boost for drag racing or launch with no boost for auto-x. Simply hold down the Cruise Control ON button while above 90% accelerator pedal position and a soft rev-limiter will be engaged until the vehicle is launched and breaches the VSS threshold to disengage the limiter (see diagram below for details). OTS maps v103 and higher will include this feature with the default set to 4000rpm.

Monitor Updates & Improved Data Logging:

All V3 Ford Accessports can now log up to 112 bytes of data, doubling the previous byte limit count. The default data monitor log list has been updated to include additional monitors. Ford monitor descriptions found in the reference guide now reflect data monitor sizes to help users maximize the 112 byte logging cap.

Additional Monitor Updates:

WGDC Monitors Renamed (Focus/Fusion):
  • WGDC P-Base = WGDC Base
  • WGDC I-Base = WGDC P-Gain
  • WGDC I-Adder = WGDC P-Term
  • WGDC I-Factor = WGDC PI-Error
  • WGDC D-Base = WGDC I-Gain
  • WGDC D-Adder = WGDC I-Term
Data Monitor Fixes:
  • FRP Y-Factor - Fixed data precision
  • Minimized false min/max readings in gauge task
Monitors Added:
  • Injector PW Cyl1
  • Injector PW Cyl2
  • Injector PW Cyl3
  • Injector PW Cyl4
  • Injector Eff PW Int
  • Injector Eff PW Comp
  • Fuel Rail Temp.
  • Fuel Mass Des Int
  • Fuel Mass Des Comp
  • Fuel Mass Inj Int
  • Fuel Mass Inj Comp

Ford Fusion Support:

AP3-FOR-002 is now available for the Ecoboost Ford Fusion models (see below for details). This Accessport does not come with OTS maps and therefore is only available directly from COBB. A list of Ford Protuners is available on our website and on the FOR-002 product page

Vehicle Support:
  • 2013 Ford Fusion 1.6L AT USDM
  • 2013 Ford Fusion 1.6L MT USDM
  • 2013 Ford Fusion 2.0L AT (AWD) USDM
  • 2013 Ford Fusion 2.0L AT (FWD) USDM
  • 2014 Ford Fusion 1.6L MT USDM
  • 2014 Ford Fusion 2.0L AT (AWD) USDM
  • 2014 Ford Fusion 2.0L AT (FWD) USDM

Additional Accesstuner Updates:

New Tables (All Vehicles):
  • Fuel Injector Slope Correction
  • Fuel Injector Offset Correction
  • Start of Injection Offset (ECT)
  • Load Max. (Partial Throttle) Ramp In Rate
  • Desired Fuel Target (Scavenging)
Toggle Added:
  • Check To Enable Takeoff Assist Timing Retard
Monitors Added:
  • Fuel Mass Used
WGDC Tables Renamed
  • WGDC PID (Derivative) Gain = PID I-Term Gain
  • WGDC PID (Integral) Gain = PID P-Term Gain
  • WGDC PID (Derivative) Negative Max. = PID I-Term (Min)
  • WGDC PID (Derivative) Positive Max. = PID I-Term (Max)
  • WGDC Response Gain (D-Negative) = PID I-Term Ramp Down Rate (Max Clip)
  • WGDC Response Gain (D-Positive) = PID I-Term Ramp Up Rate (Min Clip)
  • WGDC Response Gain (Spool) = PID PI-Error Ramp Down Rate (I-Term Pos)
  • WGDC Response Gain (Re-Spool) = PID PI-Error Ramp Up Rate (I-Term Neg)
  • WGDC PID Base (Proportional) = WGDC Base
  • Configure 5-Way WGDC PID Base (Proportional) = Configure 5-Way WGDC Base

The evolution of Focus / Fiesta ST tuning - your feedback needed.
Do you have an idea or a suggestion that could make more power or enhance the driving experience? Chances are we can make it happen! Submit your ideas and suggestions to support@cobbtuning.com and we?ll do our best to incorporate them in future updates

CanadianST

Nice! Downloaded the stage 2 map and took it for a quick spin. Never tried the flat foot shifting or launch control but I will soon.

This is a Fiesta ST Forum....much superfluous info Cobb...how's your Fusion doing people??? This is proper hating...pm me to know how to do this

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Can't wait to test this out this weekend.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Nice! Downloaded the stage 2 map and took it for a quick spin. Never tried the flat foot shifting or launch control but I will soon.
Did you notice an instance difference? I won't be going Stage 2 until I get my Cobb intake (whenever that comes out!!).

Anybody run Stage 1 V3 yet? Any feedback?

CanadianST

Did you notice an instance difference? I won't be going Stage 2 until I get my Cobb intake (whenever that comes out!!).

Anybody run Stage 1 V3 yet? Any feedback?
Didn't notice much of a difference, seems to be smoother though so just might not feel faster since there's no snap.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Damn, so what's the noticeable difference between the intake and FMIC when you first got it?

I plan on just going stage 2, so they're be the only two mods I'm interested in at the moment, but I want to see if it's actually worth it first. I was hoping the stage 2 map would be a little more noticeable than what people are saying it is. Unless I just got my hopes up. Ha.

CanadianST

Don't expect much more than noise from an intake, it will make a difference but not a huge one. The intercooler had a pretty big difference but it's more of a stepping stone for further mods (bigger turbo and whatnot)

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
This is a Fiesta ST Forum....much superfluous info Cobb...how's your Fusion doing people??? This is proper hating...pm me to know how to do this
Have you been drinking? The Fusion information isn't hurting anyone.

CanadianST

Put some more miles on the new tune today and can definitely say there feels like there's more guts down low partially on the throttle, not a huge difference with the right pedal buried. Speaking of which got a chance to try out the flat foot shifting and it's pretty cool, still feels wrong not lifting between shifts haha

CanadianST

So is FFS always on with this map, or do you toggle it somehow?
As stated from others it's always on, but remember it only takes effect when your foot is flat to the floor (hence the name). If you do it at partial throttle you'll be bouncing of the limiter

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
OK I can not figure out how to get the stupid LC functon to work.. I have to redline my car to let it come down to 4k and then when i let off the on button it revs back up ?? WTF am I doing wrong it wont take where in the ATR I would set it and it just held this is not the same ...