Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Soon to be Envy Green Owner checking in.

Welp, I've been eyeing these cars for a while and I'd like to have a fun little daily driver and have started the process. I've read the ordering thread pretty thoroughly and it has helped. I have a third party finance manager friend who gave me some pointers and has a family and friends program with his employer. I have a 2015 ST with the Green Envy option, no sunroof, premium painted wheels and the Recaro Smoke Storm seats. After rebates comes to $22,856+TT&L. That seems about right given that I am ordering it. However, I saw this little article from the other thread:

http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/my-money/2013/05/16/7-car-dealership-fees-and-services-to-avoid

and was wondering if anyone had any luck with additional fees that seem to make me think that this will end up being a $26k car when it is all said and done. Thanks in advance!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome, I responded to your other thread.

OP
S
Thread Starter #6
Well, I just got back from the dealership. I actually got a guy that was cool as hell. He just tossed me the keys and said to take it out for 20-30 minutes and have fun. So a co-worker and I went out and had some fun. Love the car. I've had 4th Gen F-Bodys, Foxbodys, C5s, Miatas, etc. I really enjoy the car and can't wait to have one as a daily driver [driving]

OP
S
Thread Starter #9
I stopped by Don Davis in Arlington this morning on the way to work to check out the Green Envy FiST they had there and it is damn nice, definitely the color I want. However, it had every option except the Recaros and a $25k sticker. It has been sitting for over 2 months though. I sent over the invoice from my guy in Houston to the salesman who I test drove with last night at Mac Haik and he emailed me back telling me about the one at Don Davis that I had JUST looked at this morning, lol. I told him I would love to have that car even though it has more than what I am looking for in options, but they probably couldn't get it down to where I want to be ($22,000 OTD).

it really deepens on when you finance and the incentives.. i have yet to finance on the fist i orderd and before inecentives and taxes and fees was 24,810..... after ca taxes without dmv or dealer cost im at 26,360 before incentives

pwnall1337

Vendor
I've purchased 24 new cars in the last 4 years. Here's my advice:

Always ask them to print the invoice. Some will say no, but you need to defend yourself, my dealer prints invoices for me all the time, because they know I don't play games.
If you dealer trade the dealer is less likely to negotiate as well because they pay the driver to get that car. Usually ($250-$300~)
Never buy anything from the finance department. (No extended warrenty, gap, paint protection, wheel protection. Nothing!)
Agree to pay $250-$500 over invoice - rebates. Depending on the car you can probably get away with invoice - rebates as each car has a different amount of hold back. For example the fiesta st has $430~ish holdback and $300~ of wiggle room between MSRP and Invoice.
Try to deal with the sales manager if you can as the sales guys typically don't know the behind the scene numbers too well and the cutting the middle man will save you time.
If you have a trade, value it appropriately or let them value your trade before you haggle so they don't give you less trade to make up for the awesome deal you're gonna get.
Once you're in the finance area, on the yellow paper double check your amount financed and the sale price of the vehicle to make sure they didn't accidentally slip in an extra hundred or two. I've caught dealers trying to do this multiple times hoping you wouldn't notice.
When looking at the invoice, each option on the vehicle has an invoice price of it's own. For example on my 2015 Mustang the PP package is $1250~ invoice and $1495 MSRP.
If you're financing with the dealer, they can bump your credit tier as they have deals with the bank and you can usually get an even lower rate. The dealer also profits off a portion off the APR.

Thanks,