Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Intake Manifold and Throttle Body Spacers

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Update 2/25: These are now available!

Available here: http://www.boombaracing.com/engine-10/

Made from premium billet aluminum, Boomba Racing is excited to announce our Intake Manifold Spacers and Throttle Body Spacers for the Fiesta ST!

This spacer adds volume to the air entering your head and intake manifold. This has been shown to aide in cylinder filling at lower RPM, smooth out throttle response, build boost sooner, and lengthen the effective wave pulse of the intake charge. In the picture shown below, you can see the dyno charts for both spacers used in conjuction and the gains are tremendous. Over 17 ft lbs of torque on our Fiesta ST (in using both spacers) and a significant change in the horsepower curve.

The spacer also includes 8 threaded ports that can be used for aftermarket injection set-ups such as Aquamist or water/methanol. They come with plugs for those just wanting to use the spacer on its own.

-All hardware is included (corrosion resistant)

-Comes with engine cover stud relocation kit (allows you to use stock engine cover)

-Smooths air entering the cylinders

-Does not require a re-tune

-Greatly increases throttle response

-Improves MPG

-Build boost earlier

-Available in blue, red, black, and natural finish

MSRP:

Throttle Body Spacer: $64.99

Intake Manifold Spacer: $204.99

Intake and Throttle Body Spacer Pair: $245.99

Install guide: http://www.boombaracing.com/content/FORD%20FIESTA%20ST%20-%20INTAKE%20MANIFOLD%20AND%20TB%20SPACER.pdf

Install video:

[video=youtube;yC6ahH_Ld1Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC6ahH_Ld1Y[/video]

The gains on our Fiesta ST

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I was actually going to ask you Boomba about if you were going to make these. I am definitely excited and interested :). ETA?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I was wondering if they're a thermal material because of heat, but then I realized we have a plastic mani anyway.

Young L

will they require any tuning or will they be a straight bolt on?

ryst

Can someone explain how these actually create power? I'm impressed you dynoed it, but I just want to know HOW they work, especially in a direct injection engine.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Can someone explain how these actually create power? I'm impressed you dynoed it, but I just want to know HOW they work, especially in a direct injection engine.
Curious about this too. I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff so if somebody could give a run down of what exactly this does and all that jazz I'd greatly appreciate it!!

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
The spacer adds volume to the air entering your head. This has been shown to aide in cylinder filling at lower RPM, smooth out throttle response, build boost sooner, and lengthen the effective wave pulse of the intake charge. In the picture shown above, you can see the dyno charts with both spacers and the gains are tremendous. Over 30 ft lbs of torque (in using both spacers) and a significant change in the horsepower curve.

AKA smoother air flow.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
[MENTION=1045]Boomba Racing[/MENTION] ETA?
The throttle body spacers went off for anodizing today, so those are pretty much done. Maybe about a week on those. The intake manifold spacers still have a few revisions to go through, I'd say around a month or less on those.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
The spacer adds volume to the air entering your head. This has been shown to aide in cylinder filling at lower RPM, smooth out throttle response, build boost sooner, and lengthen the effective wave pulse of the intake charge. In the picture shown above, you can see the dyno charts with both spacers and the gains are tremendous. Over 30 ft lbs of torque (in using both spacers) and a significant change in the horsepower curve.

AKA smoother air flow.

Do you guys plan on posting dyno results for the FiST as you did with the FoST?

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
Doesn't the WMI port need to be before the IAT sensor?
We've seen some configurations where this is done, and others where it isn't. With proper tuning, it shouldn't be an issue.

The spacers are coming with the ports plugged so that those who have no interest in WMI don't have to worry.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
We've seen some configurations where this is done, and others where it isn't. With proper tuning, it shouldn't be an issue.

The spacers are coming with the ports plugged so that those who have no interest in WMI don't have to worry.
Thanks for the clarification! Definitely look forward to this product!