Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cx racing coilovers

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
For that price its worth a try...but CXracing doesnt have a good reputation with quality products with the Focus guys.

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
Yea might be worth a try. A little scary trying something new but hey, they're cheap haha.

They look pretty damn similar to bc racings, k sports, isc, Megan racings, d2 coilovers etc... I wouldn't be too surprised if all these brands were made in the same offshore factory. Then rebranded and sold in different colors as different products.

They're well known for their intercoolers and catbacks. Their coilover should be about the same as Megan coilovers so expect to replace the shocks every now and then...

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
I'm running one of their intercoolers on my mk1 rabbit, no complaints there:)

I see on cxracings site they offer two different options. One comes with sway bar end links and 6k/4k spring rates. The other no sway bar end links but 5k and 4k spring rates. Are these end links necessary? Other than that I don't see any difference between the two...

with end links
http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchan...duct_Code=CO-FIESTA-0604&Category_Code=coford

and without
http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchan...Code=CO-B-FIESTA-08-0504&Category_Code=coford

thanks in advance

airjor13

2000 Post Club
CX Racing, I would consider them eBay+ quality, better then generic. I guess these are good for slamming on the cheap

Stuff like this is defintely loved by the VW crowd (had a GTI before the FiST, so I know...). But it's loved because cheap and MOAR LOWZ!!1!1! What does "fully adjustable" mean to you? Have you seen a plot of how these react throughout their adjustment range on a shock dyno?

First thing that tips me off that these are junk is right there in the description:

"-32 Step Damper Adjustable
-Precise control damp valve, Operates smoothly on all road surfaces
-Expansion/Suppression of shock adjustment
-Height and low adjustable, Superb road holding qualities and great looks
-Single Cylinder, or Mono-Tube Design, with Larger cylinder and piston design, advances driving stability and dexterity
-ARTC Durability Test & Salt Spray Fog Test, Guaranteed with Top Quality Material and Long Durability"

"Damper adjustable?" That doesn't mean anything. What does the adjuster do? Low speed rebound? High speed rebound? Low speed compression? High speed compression? At worst, "fully adjustable" would mean low-speed compression/rebound adjustable, through two discrete knobs with little/no crosstalk.

"Precise control damp valve, Operates smoothly on all road surfaces" A damp valve? Uh....

"Expansion/Suppression of shock adjustment " Another meaningless google-translated nonsense term. Expansion/suppression probably means rebound/compression, but it still makes ZERO sense.

Don't. Just....don't.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
BC, at least a few years back, made nearly all if not all the coilovers that were not made in Japan but came from other parts of Asia if not all from the same Chinese plant. That means many brands but BC were the top notch version, as told to me by the owner of BC when we worked out a custom setup for one of my project cars. Just saying was I was told at the time.

CXracing, some decent parts, some not so great, lots of history there, BC, seem to hold up really well and really do not cost much more when you look at the bigger picture.

I have BC as the best I could get for my particular needs at the time, if a higher end reasonable cost set of coilovers even more suitable for my needs comes available I will certainly take a look at them but for now the BC's are doing the job just fine and ride far better even on the "race" spec springs and valving.