Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PA/DE/MD Tristate guys get in here.

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #21
I get what you're saying, and have first hand experience with what you are saying. But in all of my years (I sound like Grandpa telling a story here), I have had a couple of all-seasons that are better than some supposed "max-performance summer tires." It's about picking the right tires. A good max-performance summer tire will beat the best all-season at the track, and a good winter tire will always beat an all-season in the snow/ice. Not that a good all-season is horrible in the snow/ice, but it's just not better than a winter tire.

That said, it's about what kind of driving you do. My car will probably never see the track and won't get driven in the snow but will be driving in sub-30 degree temps. For my kind of spirited driving on Creek Rd, a good all-season will do me fine.

Now, if I get another set of rims, they will get a set of summer tires and the stock rims will get a set of all-seasons just for cold weather driving.
yeah i wanna see someone with a set of summer tires follow us up creek rd on our all-seasons and see if it matters.

i am calm. why's everyone gotta be so damn boring and dull? LOL. everyone keeps saying the AS tires suck. they dont.

Bear, DE checking in. Molten 2015 fist. Got cobb stage 3, dark a$$ tint, soon will have some sticky tires for cecil raceway.

New owner in DE checking in. I haven't seen a single Fiesta ST in my travels around here. I'm always in Downingtown, PA and sometimes in Moorestown, NJ and Philly. My car has been sitting on the dealer's lot since Octoberish and the dealer in Exton has had one for a few months so they don't seem to sell well around here.
Did you get that car at porter ford? If so I'm sorry the sales guy let me beat the crap outta the gears back in nov. My car came off the truck the day I got it, wasn't processed to test drive yet lol

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #26
I got mine wayyyyu down @ sheehy ford in MD...80mi away. It had 101mi on it...someone got it in! Although they had the salesman go with me and i was nice to it......still nice to it lol.

Im @ 16k mi.....geeeeze!

So back in jersey I used to organize a small crew ~20 cars for a five guys meet once a month. If you don't know five guys best burgers on the region imo. But would you guys be interested in doing something. Sonic meet, buffalo wild wings.... ect? Let me know I'll open a Facebook page to get us organized.

I'll be spending time at Cecil dragway as much as possible. I was there last night, only got 2 passes before the rain came in.

You are super close to me then. Within minutes. I haven't seen you around.

A meet would be cool. So would some track time. I'm more of a road course guy than a drag guy. I have to find time for all of this though. This year is nuts so far.

Had a change to take it on Creek Rd on my way home from work before the rain came in. This car is so much fun.

You are super close to me then. Within minutes. I haven't seen you around.

A meet would be cool. So would some track time. I'm more of a road course guy than a drag guy. I have to find time for all of this though. This year is nuts so far.

Had a change to take it on Creek Rd on my way home from work before the rain came in. This car is so much fun.
I work in New Castle, can catch me on SR1 or 7. Sometimes you can catch me on kirkwood highway.
I think you should show me this creek rd sometime lol I'm fairly new around here but I'm down for some open winding roads. New Hope is a great place right on the water.

It's on the north side of Wilmington and goes all the way to just south of West Chester. It's actually Chadds Ford Rd in DE then changes to Creek Rd in PA. I found that south bound coming out of West Chester is more fun than north bound. There are all kinds of fun, twisty roads on the north side of Wilmington. Smiths Bridge Rd is fun because it has lots of ups and downs too, and a cool covered bridge.

I'm usually around the 40 area in Bear, and Kirkwood/Centerville, and 141.

It's on the north side of Wilmington and goes all the way to just south of West Chester. It's actually Chadds Ford Rd in DE then changes to Creek Rd in PA. I found that south bound coming out of West Chester is more fun than north bound. There are all kinds of fun, twisty roads on the north side of Wilmington. Smiths Bridge Rd is fun because it has lots of ups and downs too, and a cool covered bridge.

I'm usually around the 40 area in Bear, and Kirkwood/Centerville, and 141.
Nice, I live by fox run so it does sound like you live within mins. I'm always down to grab a beer and talk car stuff. Lmk

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #34
Im down for a creed rd meet...pm me and i can show ya tha ropes and the area. I know infinite courses. Just follow me. Srsly tho if you guys wanna meet up and cruise around im totally down.

>:)

rexdriver85

Wanted to get in this thread. Just bought a 2015 Race Red FiST. Boyertown area here. Mine sat at Masano since November, these must not sell too well around here. If you see me wave. I'm always down for a GTG or cruise!! [biggrin]

Yeah when things calm down at work and in the personal life, I'm down to meet up. Things are just hitting me from all sides right now and I get zero down time.