Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PA/DE/MD Tristate guys get in here.

HaveBlue83

Hey all. I'm in SE PA and i frequent Philly, RT130/38 in NJ, Rising Sun MD and Newark DE in my travels.

If you see me in the White Panda ST with a black roof, loud as hell, come chase me down! (I drive fast).

I'm up for any meets or whatever. In the summer i go to philly for thurs or sunday nite meets and good times.

was just down philly for the auto show, got get more of us on here so we can get a meet together. id be down to travel for a hangout

iso100

1000 Post Club
Odenton MD here and a member of MD ST Club.

Here's what my car looks like when in summer garb. Now has MBRP exhaust and nearly hidden Curt hitch.

New owner in DE checking in. I haven't seen a single Fiesta ST in my travels around here. I'm always in Downingtown, PA and sometimes in Moorestown, NJ and Philly. My car has been sitting on the dealer's lot since Octoberish and the dealer in Exton has had one for a few months so they don't seem to sell well around here.

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #8
If you work at christiana mall, i have seen your car a bunch lol. I have a pic of it too lol.

I had my car all over newark. Surprized u never saw it lol

I just got mine yesterday so it wasn't me at the mall, and I don't work at the mall either. I avoid the mall whenever possible. lol

Maybe at some point I will see you. My car sat in the driveway all day. I wasn't going out in this crap, especially in my FiST. It sits in the driveway completely covered in ice at the moment.

New owner in DE checking in. I haven't seen a single Fiesta ST in my travels around here. I'm always in Downingtown, PA and sometimes in Moorestown, NJ and Philly. My car has been sitting on the dealer's lot since Octoberish and the dealer in Exton has had one for a few months so they don't seem to sell well around here.
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your new ride!

I'll be around if you have any questions. :)

Meagan

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #13
^^nice to see some ford peeps in here!

and Natedogg....get some all seasons FAST. the summer tires are a NO GO. I got BFG G-force sport all seasons with snow rating. drove home in this ice storm just fine today :)

I just don't drive it in the snow/ice/slippery stuff. I drive my AWD Explorer instead. :)

I have noticed the summer tires not performing in the cold (as expected), but they are nowhere near as bad as the Ventus V12's I had on my Lexus. When it hit 32 or below, they got hard as a rock and it was like driving on ice until they warmed up. During the summer, the V12's were awesome though.

When the summer tires wear out, I will probably switch it to G-Max AS-03's though. I had them on my boosted Saturn and for an all-season, they were grippy as hell. Even at 18 lbs of boost they held on when the turbo spooled at 3400 RPM.

iso100

1000 Post Club
All seasons = no seasons. Get real snow tires and then you can get a set of Max Performance Summer tires. Best tool for both jobs.

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #16
^^^false.

My BFG All-Seasons are amazing! Snow ice dry wet.

People who dont like all seasons boggle my mind. My second set So far. I go right up my icy driveway and backroads now.

All-seasons = all-seasons. Natedogg and i seem to be fine with them :)

iso100

1000 Post Club
^^^false.

My BFG All-Seasons are amazing! Snow ice dry wet.

People who dont like all seasons boggle my mind. My second set So far. I go right up my icy driveway and backroads now.

All-seasons = all-seasons. Natedogg and i seem to be fine with them :)
I'm not saying they're horrible. I'm just saying that snow tires will always beat them in the snow and nearly every max performance summer tire will beat them in the warmer months.

If you can get two sets of wheels then you have the best performance in the best and worst weather.

Some prefer the convenience of one set for all seasons of the year and that's perfectly fine.

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #18
Everyone is so quick to judge all seasons as shit.

I drive harder and more illegal than most on here, and they are fine for me. Is everyone a professional autoxer now? Lol.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Everyone is so quick to judge all seasons as shit.
Settle down. I didn't say they were shit. I'm just saying if you want ultimate performance in all conditions you need tires built for specific seasons.

I put Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 on my wife's Kia Optima Turbo because we don't want to have to store 8 wheels and tires in the off season.

Nobody's going to take your tires from you. Take a deep breath and count to 30 dude.

I get what you're saying, and have first hand experience with what you are saying. But in all of my years (I sound like Grandpa telling a story here), I have had a couple of all-seasons that are better than some supposed "max-performance summer tires." It's about picking the right tires. A good max-performance summer tire will beat the best all-season at the track, and a good winter tire will always beat an all-season in the snow/ice. Not that a good all-season is horrible in the snow/ice, but it's just not better than a winter tire.

That said, it's about what kind of driving you do. My car will probably never see the track and won't get driven in the snow but will be driving in sub-30 degree temps. For my kind of spirited driving on Creek Rd, a good all-season will do me fine.

Now, if I get another set of rims, they will get a set of summer tires and the stock rims will get a set of all-seasons just for cold weather driving.

Ford Community Posts