Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Problem:
1. A/C not cooling when hot outside (over 90).
2. Loud clicking noise from behind dash.

Did they resolve the problem?
Yes.

Details of repairs / diagnostics:
1. Replaced compressor.
2. Replaced actuator.

Mileage:
9900 Miles

And:
Dealer was nice, had car 4 business days. They left one small scratch on the lower sill as you enter the door, and a grease stain in the grey cloth portion of my Recaro. Erghhhhh. I should be able to touch up both.
Same shit here. Car was already in shop once for this issue a week ago. Replaced compressor and several relays. AC works until it gets above 85 degrees outside then blows hot air the rest of the day.

Dropping off at dealer this morning. Will report back once I have some answers.

[???:)]

Here's a fun one, on the test drive the sun visor mirror popped off. Picked up the car last Friday. Still waiting for the new sun visor to come in...

Problem:
Front windshield washer not spraying

No, I did.

Popped the hood, followed the line to the front and saw it got caught in the hinge some how and crushed. Pulled it out and put it back in place, no issues since and no leaks.

Mileage:
1200 miles

Problem: Low boost, Engine throwing code P2046

Did they resolve problem?: No

Details of Repair: Replaced the wastegate actuator/solenoid yet car still is throwing the same code and boosting to only 6PSI.

Mileage: 19350

Same shit here. Car was already in shop once for this issue a week ago. Replaced compressor and several relays. AC works until it gets above 85 degrees outside then blows hot air the rest of the day.

Dropping off at dealer this morning. Will report back once I have some answers.

[???:)]
Repaired

AC Drier replaced. Works great now.

Problem: From day one with my car, the sunroof had an annoying whistle if I closed it from being tilted vs. open. After 2500 miles I got tired of it.

Solution: The general manager of the dealership showed up in my driveway with a Mustang GT. We traded cars for the day. Sunroof fixed, and all the paint chips touched up. No charge.

I suppose it helps when your next door neighbor runs the Ford dealership you bought your car from.

Took my vehicle into Autonation Ford In Tusin, Ca

Problem:
Rattle which sounded like a loose piece of metal that was banding around when driving at lower speeds (went on test drive with technician who conformed noise and told me that sounds like something is loose)
Axle seal leaking

No

I dropped my vehicle off on a Saturday morning. I knew they wouldn't look at it that day. On tuesday I get a call that there is no problem found because they could not duplicate the noise. I told the service advisor that the technician went on a test drive and confirmed the noise, (to be clear this nose can be heard from anywhere under 15mph on any type of road. smooth, rough, etc.) I told them to find the technician that drove with me and have him go for a ride and see whats going on. I got a call back the next day that they said it was sue to my BC coilovers and that the axle seal were not leaking, just weeping which doesn't require a repair. I asked what on the coil was making the sound but they could not tell me. I have no trust in the technicians at ford and diagnosing vehicle. I feel like unless they see a physical broken part that they can replace its no problem found. My vehicle was there at 20,xxx miles for a ticking sound coming from the cylinder head upon cold start that happens every morning that they said they could no hear. I even got a sound recording before I went in and the technician still said he could not hear it. What good is a warranty if the technicians can diagnose a problem with the vehicle.?

Mileage:
24,xxx

Took my vehicle into Autonation Ford In Tusin, Ca

Problem:
Rattle which sounded like a loose piece of metal that was banding around when driving at lower speeds (went on test drive with technician who conformed noise and told me that sounds like something is loose)
Axle seal leaking

No

I dropped my vehicle off on a Saturday morning. I knew they wouldn't look at it that day. On tuesday I get a call that there is no problem found because they could not duplicate the noise. I told the service advisor that the technician went on a test drive and confirmed the noise, (to be clear this nose can be heard from anywhere under 15mph on any type of road. smooth, rough, etc.) I told them to find the technician that drove with me and have him go for a ride and see whats going on. I got a call back the next day that they said it was sue to my BC coilovers and that the axle seal were not leaking, just weeping which doesn't require a repair. I asked what on the coil was making the sound but they could not tell me. I have no trust in the technicians at ford and diagnosing vehicle. I feel like unless they see a physical broken part that they can replace its no problem found. My vehicle was there at 20,xxx miles for a ticking sound coming from the cylinder head upon cold start that happens every morning that they said they could no hear. I even got a sound recording before I went in and the technician still said he could not hear it. What good is a warranty if the technicians can diagnose a problem with the vehicle.?

Mileage:
24,xxx

What year is your car? 2016 models have a "cough,cough" unwritten TSB of some sort telling dealers to replace axles. This supposedly fixes the clunk, grimdimg when shifting. My dealer told me to basically get f'd on my 15 when I tried to get them to replace. Good luck with the stealership. I have lost faith in all of them!

Problem:
Car drops to a rough idle and will not respond to throttle input. wrench light on. When you shut down engine, it will re start but takes more spins of engine than normal. Hooked up scanner and happens again miles down the road, P code is 2112. p2112 Throttle actuator is stuck closed or problems with throttle control.

Yes.

Dealer changed out the whole throttle assembly. $950.00 later. and since I have 38,000 miles on the car. it was not covered. Although the service writer was mentioning ford using updated part for this to be a known issue in some fords.
I will be filing a claim with ford on this. That's a lot of money. Car is only 2 yrs old. Anyone else ever heard of this P code?

Mileage:
38,000 Miles

Dealer changed out the whole throttle assembly. $950.00 later. and since I have 38,000 miles on the car. it was not covered. Although the service writer was mentioning ford using updated part for this to be a known issue in some fords.
I will be filing a claim with ford on this. That's a lot of money. Car is only 2 yrs old. Anyone else ever heard of this P code?

Mileage:
38,000 Miles
Would this not be covered under the 5 year 60k miles powertrain warranty? I'd imagine that part to be classified as integral to the powertrain.

Having the car taken in on Monday for a clicking noise coming from vents when turning on AC and an intermittent engine light (OBDII reading says O2 sensors, but the light never stays on and hasn't actually been on for about 2 moths). Will update when I have answers from dealer.

I think you are on to something. I'm going to make some calls and see what is said.

I got one for ya.

Backstory: Saturday we drove 400 miles north to Minnesota to purchase a 'new' 2016 Fiesta ST from Autonation Ford White Bear Lake. Mind you I work for Autonation Toyota in Libertyville. I get there, look at the car, looks great but gotta go (we drove straight up there to get the car and straight back home to Chicago so time was short) plus it was Saturday evening and we were one of the last deals of the day. The car had 806 miles when I purchased it, and it was titled new, not used, was told it was a dealer trade.

Problem: When I hopped on the highway away from Minneapolis, I hear this loud whiny supercharger like noise at around 70mph. It only comes alive under light load (cruise) or any load for that matter. Goes away when decelerating. Now that I'm focused on the noise you can hear it starting around 25mph, faintly. I didn't hear it right away because it was -7 outside and I got heat and radio on, no way I'm driving around in a frozen car to make sure noises were ok before I purchased it. I'm trying to figure what this is as I'm trying to get home, and once I started to hit the Wisconsin boarder from Minnesota I realized this was transmission related. It's too late to call the Autonation dealer, and I have to get back home because my gf has to work in the morning, so I figured it would be warrantable anyway. I took it to the Ford dealership next to my work first thing Monday morning. They tell me the teeth in the transmission are chipped, and it is not under warranty because they claim it is from abuse. I call the MN dealer and raise hell because the first 800 miles of the car was not a dealertrade, they had it the whole time, and tried to sell it 4 times. June was the last repair order they had for prepping the vehicle for a sale and it had 7 miles on it until the day I arrived last Saturday to purchase it (I can see this now because I'm at work and Autonation dealers can see everything in our region), there was a previous owner who turned it back in days later with 800 miles on it and they voided the deal, so it looked like no one bought it, so they can label it 'new'. Well, AN Ford tried to tell me to take it to the Lincoln dealer across the street and they would see what they could do, and re-diagnose it. They claim it is from the differential, and they cannot repair it because they don't know how to replace manual transmissions (wtf?). But they told me when the transmission becomes available, because they are on backorder apparently, they would sublet my car back across the street for that Ford dealership and force them to replace under warranty. The other day MN dealer calls me and tells me to bring it to a different Ford dealer that was 30 minutes away from me, because apparently they know some good people there that would do it and not be grumpy about it, apparently the Ford service manager next to my work told the AN Ford service manager to F off in different words. Anyway I take it to this other Ford dealership, and he was all bent out of shape, telling me how he has to fix other peoples problems, blah blah blah, during the test drive. Then he verifed something is wrong with the transmisssion and I told him yeah Lincoln said it was coming from the differential, and he was like 'this car doesn't have a differential', I'm like "... omg...", I just let him vent he didn't seem like he was having a good day anyway. He told me to bring the car back in 2 weeks and he will have his tech take the transmission apart, he said if it was a defect he would warranty it, if it is from abuse, I have to pay for it. I told him "AN Ford said you would take care of it", then he told me to just take it back then. So right now it sits at my house and I've been trying to contact a certain person, won't mention names, back at AN Ford and they are not responding back to me, but the Sales Manager did say if I don't want it they will take it back and void the title, probably like they did with the customer before me. Last I heard AN Ford was willing to order the transmission if it turns out to be customer pay and ship it to that other Ford dealer that is doing the teardown. I told them that I liked the car and I want to keep it but wanted this trans fixed without me footing the repair bill.

Mileage: 800, now 1300

Problem Fixed: No, unsure if warranty or customer pay at this point.

caliboy15

dealer had my car now for 17 days now for transmission replacement and I was just informed that I'm not gonna get my car till mid January! so bummed right now

AN Ford in MN just transported my car from my dealership to theirs, and I have email copies of corporate Ford involved with my issue, they shipped a trans from the manufacture plant directly to the dealer, bypassing the warehouse. I'll have my trans warrantied without issues and shipped back to me in about 2 weeks.

Having the car taken in on Monday for a clicking noise coming from vents when turning on AC and an intermittent engine light (OBDII reading says O2 sensors, but the light never stays on and hasn't actually been on for about 2 moths). Will update when I have answers from dealer.
Results are in!

Clicking noise in vent: valve stuck trying to open/close. Replaced under warranty.

Engine light: catalytic converter was bad. Replaced under warranty.

Overall dealer experience was excellent. They came and picked up my car from work and dropped off a loaner (free of charge) and had the work done in two days. Repairs done at Bill Brown Ford in Livonia.

I got one for ya.

Backstory: Saturday we drove 400 miles north to Minnesota to purchase a 'new' 2016 Fiesta ST from Autonation Ford White Bear Lake. Mind you I work for Autonation Toyota in Libertyville. I get there, look at the car, looks great but gotta go (we drove straight up there to get the car and straight back home to Chicago so time was short) plus it was Saturday evening and we were one of the last deals of the day. The car had 806 miles when I purchased it, and it was titled new, not used, was told it was a dealer trade.

Problem: When I hopped on the highway away from Minneapolis, I hear this loud whiny supercharger like noise at around 70mph. It only comes alive under light load (cruise) or any load for that matter. Goes away when decelerating. Now that I'm focused on the noise you can hear it starting around 25mph, faintly. I didn't hear it right away because it was -7 outside and I got heat and radio on, no way I'm driving around in a frozen car to make sure noises were ok before I purchased it. I'm trying to figure what this is as I'm trying to get home, and once I started to hit the Wisconsin boarder from Minnesota I realized this was transmission related. It's too late to call the Autonation dealer, and I have to get back home because my gf has to work in the morning, so I figured it would be warrantable anyway. I took it to the Ford dealership next to my work first thing Monday morning. They tell me the teeth in the transmission are chipped, and it is not under warranty because they claim it is from abuse. I call the MN dealer and raise hell because the first 800 miles of the car was not a dealertrade, they had it the whole time, and tried to sell it 4 times. June was the last repair order they had for prepping the vehicle for a sale and it had 7 miles on it until the day I arrived last Saturday to purchase it (I can see this now because I'm at work and Autonation dealers can see everything in our region), there was a previous owner who turned it back in days later with 800 miles on it and they voided the deal, so it looked like no one bought it, so they can label it 'new'. Well, AN Ford tried to tell me to take it to the Lincoln dealer across the street and they would see what they could do, and re-diagnose it. They claim it is from the differential, and they cannot repair it because they don't know how to replace manual transmissions (wtf?). But they told me when the transmission becomes available, because they are on backorder apparently, they would sublet my car back across the street for that Ford dealership and force them to replace under warranty. The other day MN dealer calls me and tells me to bring it to a different Ford dealer that was 30 minutes away from me, because apparently they know some good people there that would do it and not be grumpy about it, apparently the Ford service manager next to my work told the AN Ford service manager to F off in different words. Anyway I take it to this other Ford dealership, and he was all bent out of shape, telling me how he has to fix other peoples problems, blah blah blah, during the test drive. Then he verifed something is wrong with the transmisssion and I told him yeah Lincoln said it was coming from the differential, and he was like 'this car doesn't have a differential', I'm like "... omg...", I just let him vent he didn't seem like he was having a good day anyway. He told me to bring the car back in 2 weeks and he will have his tech take the transmission apart, he said if it was a defect he would warranty it, if it is from abuse, I have to pay for it. I told him "AN Ford said you would take care of it", then he told me to just take it back then. So right now it sits at my house and I've been trying to contact a certain person, won't mention names, back at AN Ford and they are not responding back to me, but the Sales Manager did say if I don't want it they will take it back and void the title, probably like they did with the customer before me. Last I heard AN Ford was willing to order the transmission if it turns out to be customer pay and ship it to that other Ford dealer that is doing the teardown. I told them that I liked the car and I want to keep it but wanted this trans fixed without me footing the repair bill.

Mileage: 800, now 1300

Problem Fixed: No, unsure if warranty or customer pay at this point.

Update.

AN Ford replaced the transmission under warranty, transported the car back and I noticed the delivery sheet marked damage on some areas. I ran out there to take a look and the bumper was gouged and paint chips by the driver door and b pillar area. AN Ford authorized our body shop to take it and fix it. Got it back and took it for a test drive to see if the transmission noise went away, and it did, but the alignment was out of whack. AN Ford says an alignment isn't part of a transmission replacement, but the alignment was perfect before the transmission repair? My dealership took care of it and it was indeed off by 15 degrees, now it's perfect again. I don't even know who to trust these days. I should stick to doing my own repairs, warranty or not, I don't think I care at this point. Too many porters and apprentice techs screwing things up and denying it. For over 10 years I've never had issues like this, but then again I never had other dealerships work on my car, I've always fixed my own. Maybe I should just start a fix-it fund for the FiST and just fix it myself from now on. I don't think the warranty is worth the headaches of other people messing with it, unless it needs a motor or a trans assembly again. Ford gave us 3 years of premium maintenance care for the trans issue, but now I need to find a Ford dealer that won't be a dick, and have porters/lube techs beating the crap out of it.

I would of told them to F off and give me back my money and void the deal and to take the car back to their dealer on a tow truck.