Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

That happened to me just about 6 weeks ago. $720 bucks out of warrenty
I’m so glad that I just barely made it before mine went out of warranty. I also took the opportunity to get my blend door actuator fixed which went bad at almost 1000 miles on the dot.

Problem:
Low thumping noise above 25mph

Did they resolve the problem?
Yes.

Details of repairs / diagnostics:
Replaced both upper engine mounts.

Mileage:
13000 Miles

Problem:
Driver side tweeter buzzing then stopped working

No.

Details of repairs / diagnostics:
Replaced speaker. Worked fine for 2 days then started buzzing/cutting out again

Mileage:

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Problem:
Key fobs wouldn't work even with new batteries.

Yes.

Detail of repairs/diagnostics:
Replaced BCM.

Mileage:

This repair took place quite some time ago, but is worth relaying: Think I mentioned this in another thread a long time ago. The hatchback door stopped working out of the blue inside the first 6 months I drove it off the lot. Whether I press the button on the remote to open the hatchback, or I use the button/lever on the hatchback itself, it would blow the fuse immediately. Went through about 5 fuses trying to troubleshoot it. I had just had an amp put in the rear of the car, next to the spare wheel, that was running a 10 inch sub, so I was hoping that wasn't causing the problem.

The rep. at Citrus Ford in Ontario told me REPEATEDLY (as if I didn't hear him the first time) that if the installation of the amp/sub was in any way involved in the failure, that I would be on the hook for all the repair costs and troubleshooting. I mildly questioned the relation of the hatchback wiring with stereo wiring and what kind of correlation they could have, but he was adamant. They took the car in, and had it for a couple hours. I was called back to come get the car. I was told there was no charge, the tech still had it in the bay, but I could go back there to talk to him (he was just finishing up). He told me it was a pinched wire that was done on the factory floor somehow. (If you have the hatchback all the way open, look at the canal at the top. There will be a plastic casing of wires that leads a couple things including the upper brake light. That casing had been pinched in the factory from misalignment and then ended up pinching the wire that pops the hatchback.) From all he told me he had to do to find the problem, he struck me as incredibly OCD about wiring. That is exactly what I want from a technician or a mechanic. People skills, not so much, but being that OCD about how things are laid out so they work right, YES. The Rep. didn't seem too thrilled that it was a Ford issue and not something that I, or 3rd party did, but that was OK with me.

Problem - Clutch pedal sticking
Fixed? Yes
Details - car spent 75 days at the dealer because they couldnt figure it out, wound up getting a new clutch new slave cylinder new master cylinder and axle before i called ford corporate. Wound up the master tech that did the slave cylinder job didnt hook up the fluid lines back correctly so they put a new line in which fixed everything. got the car back with brake fluid all over my front bumper and they forgot to put the rear motor mount bolt back in. currently still fighting with them to repaint my bumper. STAY AWAY FROM Park ford mahopac NY

I went in for the door latch recall about....dunno....two months ago...ish. They had to have the car for 3 days as they also did the center dash actuator for the second time in the life of the car's 37k miles (only). regardless of that, when they had the doors apart, they found that the cables going to the latches were shot to hell. They went ahead and replaced those cables for free. I was very pleased as I was already dropping over $800 on the actuator replacement. So here it is, two months later. The day after I get back from Vegas, the door lock (back half of the driver side door handle) just falls off to the ground as I closed my car door.
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

I have a service appointment on Monday morning. I'll update after I get the car back. I am very curious as to what they have to say.

20210724_215340d.jpg
20210724_215359sde.jpg
20210724_215407er.jpg

I went in for the door latch recall about....dunno....two months ago...ish. They had to have the car for 3 days as they also did the center dash actuator for the second time in the life of the car's 37k miles (only). regardless of that, when they had the doors apart, they found that the cables going to the latches were shot to hell. They went ahead and replaced those cables for free. I was very pleased as I was already dropping over $800 on the actuator replacement. So here it is, two months later. The day after I get back from Vegas, the door lock (back half of the driver side door handle) just falls off to the ground as I closed my car door.
View attachment 42269

I have a service appointment on Monday morning. I'll update after I get the car back. I am very curious as to what they have to say.

View attachment 42271
View attachment 42270
View attachment 42272
So, they have to order the part. When it come in, it has to go to paint as they get in shipped in a matte black finish. Then they will call me to come in for fitting. They didn't say anything about how much it will cost, they just gave me the car back and said they'd let me know when it was ready for install. I am assuming since there was no price/cost or paper work filled out, that it is covered under the recall.

Ford Community Posts