Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bumper gouged, paint chips, alignment off. Sounds like the damn thing was in a collision.

Problem:
Clutch pedal to the floor, no clutch

Did they resolve the problem?
Yes

Details of repairs / diagnostics:
Replaced slave cylinder

Mileage:
5700 Miles

Problem:
Loud clicking behind dash

Yes.

Replaced some HVAC system part

Mileage:
7500 miles

problem#1- let mygirlfrend drive the car.... she drove over a median and bent one wheel and messed up alignment[hatchet]

did they fix the problem- they don't know where or how to get the wheels for my car???? so I got some snowtires and wheels, put them on myself. then went to do dealer for alignment. that went fine and normal.

mileage- I think around 7k

problem #2- two screws in my snow tire, went flat. so found a used stock wheel here, thank you. went to dealer to have them switch tire to new rim. decided I would just have them change over snows to stock/summer wheels and oil change( instead of doing it myself cause it was -10 degrees) I get the car back and the drivers side skirt is hanging off on the rear, and the drivers side front wheel well/fender was bent and now sticking out about 3/8". go back in immediately. body shop isn't open have to have my girlfriend bring it 2 days later. they have the car for two days. and everything is back to normal. I did have to pay for changing wheels and oil change. 3 days later I get the wrench light....wtf.

Problem: At about 220 miles my seatback broke on my base driver seat. Was turning left at an intersection, hit a small bump and crack in the seat.

Did they fix it: Brought it in they said they were going to need the car for probably a week because they needed to drop it at a upholsterer. Brought it back they had it for four days as that was all Ford would honor for a rental. They had it for four days and ordered the part the first day. I picked the car up four days later....seat still broken seat back left open and them saying as soon as the part comes in they replace it same day. That was 3 weeks ago part still hasn't come in yet[scratch]

Mileage: Happened at 220 car is currently at 2200mi.

So far not particularly impressed with Ford Service.

Problem:
Wrench light on, passenger side roof molding loose

Yes.

Replaced throttle pedal assembly. Replaced roof molding.

Mileage:

Problem:
Airbag light on

No

I overtightened the seat belt bolt on the passenger side when installing my Schroth harnesses. This crimped the tensioner connector. There is no pigtail available for that connector, so I had to buy a new seat belt retractor assemby and install it myself. Dealer quoted me ~$750 ($390 part, 2 hours labor). I found a seat belt at the local wrecking yard for $60 and removed/replaced the belt in less than an hour.

Mileage:

Problem:
Car won't start when let alone for more that 6 hours

Yes for one week

The clutch switch sensor was bad

Mileage:

Edit: the problem is not fixed, the car started doing the same problem.

Last edited:

XanRules

Problem: Significant water accumulation on D-Pillar, water in headliner.
Diagnosis: Rear sunroof seal had not been installed at factory
Resolved: Replaced sunroof seal and added additional silicone gasket-maker around sunroof seals. Car smells like gasket maker now as it cures, but so far, no more leaks. Taking in this evening to replace headliner, which is water damaged.

EDIT 7:35pm 11/9/17 dealer is tentatively refusing to replace headliner.

Mileage: 305

Problem: P0446 (Evap Leak)
Diagnosis: Taking it in tonight for this, too.
Resolved: Not yet.
Mileage: 347

Just wanted to say that so far the folks at Landmark Ford in Tigard Oregon have been taking good care of me.

Last edited:
2016 Fiesta ST AC and Cooling issues

Problem:[/SIZE]

1: In warm to hot weather (usually above 80F), the AC will blow warm, stale-smelling air after a few minutes. It will cycle between lukewarm and cool air. Sometimes cycling the "A/C" button in the right dial helps. Sometimes it doesn't. Seems to be the exact same problem this Redditor complains about here (https://goo.gl/eVVxMZ).

2: In warm to hot weather under spirited driving, the coolant bar goes to "H" and either pulls power or goes into limp mode.

This has happened at two autocross events, multiple times on windy roads in NC and TN, once while overtaking someone on I-75 in TN while at altitude and going up a ~%5 grade, and once while trying to replicate the issue and recording CAN data with Torque Pro (https://goo.gl/Jkrjiy, here it is mapped onto google maps. Notice near the intersection of Butler road and River Oaks Blvd, coolant temp reached 246F)

Yes for the AC issue after my fourth visit to a dealer. No for the cooling one. From reading forums, this seems to only be a 2016 issue. Replacing the radiator has fixed it for some. And yes, I've had the cooling fan relay recall done.

Disclaimer: My home, school, and summer internship are in Houston, Atlanta, and SE Michigan respectively.

August 2017: Brought the car to Angela Crouse Ford in Alpharetta GA. They replaced the Engine Coolant Thermostat Housing BM5Z8592C and added flushed coolant, adding AntiFreeze. This did not fix it. They forgot to connect some line to the car when I picked it up the first time, so there was a leaking sound coming from the turbo when it activated. I had to bring it in again for them to fix this.

April 2018: Brought car to Planet ford in the The Woodlands, TX. They didn't seem to even attempt to try to fix it. No luck there.

June 2018: Brought car to Huntington Ford in Rochester Hills, MI. They said their tech noticed the AC issue a little bit but couldn't replicate the cooling issue, so they couldn't fix that. They replaced the AC compressor and that seems to have fixed the AC issue. They also replaced the driver's side middle air vent because it was loose.

Mileage:

13500-20200

Mikey456

Have the same problem after fueling. Rough idle etc. Treating it like a quirk for now. Will take it in to the dealer under warranty in the future.

hi i’m from indonesia, i have a trouble after ford dealers updating the transmission software on my car the trouble is when i’m released the brake pedal the car gliding is not normal, before updating the software,the car is normal
any idea about this?
thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car was taken in yesterday for excessive valvetrain chatter. Will update when i hear back from Ford

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Problem
Car came from Factory with scratched driver side rear window scratched.

Inspection
Took it to the dealer they took pics turned them in to Ford.

Ford kicked it back saying it was damage lol.

Solution
My Fleet manager said F’ that and approved a glass replacement. Ordered, arrived a week or or two later. I took the car back to dealer and they replaced it.

I am happy with that level of service.

Last edited:
Problem:
Loud clunking between 1st and 2nd gear.

For now yes. After inspection and test drive, both halfshafts were replaced. Took 2-3 days for repair. Service tech noticed what Facebook group and club I was in, and pmd me each day keeping me up to date.

Mileage: 3700

So can I take my FiST to the stealership and have the vehicle serviced for the clunking between first and second? That would be a warranty repair?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Problem:
Car suddenly lost power while going down the road, wrench light came on the dash, and the motor was shaking really bad like it was running on three cyls. Coasted to the side of the road, turned it off and turned it back on, wrench light was gone and car drove again but now with surging RPM’s. After work I drove the car to the dealer, had the same issue two more times while driving over there. By the time I arrived both the wrench and check engine lights were on and the RPM’s were surging wildly as if I was revving the car in neutral.

Accessport was showing codes P2111 and P2112

Yes.

Replaced the throttle body because it had gone bad.

Mileage:
29,500 Miles

Flaco

2000 Post Club
Problem:
Car suddenly lost power while going down the road, wrench light came on the dash, and the motor was shaking really bad like it was running on three cyls. Coasted to the side of the road, turned it off and turned it back on, wrench light was gone and car drove again but now with surging RPM’s. After work I drove the car to the dealer, had the same issue two more times while driving over there. By the time I arrived both the wrench and check engine lights were on and the RPM’s were surging wildly as if I was revving the car in neutral.

Accessport was showing codes P2111 and P2112

Yes.

Replaced the throttle body because it had gone bad.

Mileage:
29,500 Miles
That happened to me just about 6 weeks ago. $720 bucks out of warrenty

Ford Community Posts