Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Upgraded hatch lighting

XuperXero

I was never a fan of the original lighting for the hatch, if something is in the way like my arm the lighting gets blocked and I can't see clearly. It doesn't help I park in underground parking with very little light either. So I decided to upgrade the lighting.

Consists of 1 LED strip from Chinese version of Ebay for approximately $5 USD.
Specifications:
Output: 10W
Color: 2800-3000k color (natural white)
Voltage: 12-14V
Current: 750mA
Brightness: 100lm

Soldered 1 meter long wires to it and wrapped the connection with electrical tape.
Bought velcro and double sided tape and stuck them on back of the LED strip.

Then I made my own 192/168 connector for connecting to the bulb socket.
Cutted out an expired credit card about 1cm in width and 2cm in length then made two notches.
Stripped wire end and looped them over the notch and taped them down.

Velcro works well for our privacy cover material and easily removed in case I have to remove the privacy cover.
The DIY connector plugs into factory bulb socket so that light only comes on when opening hatch and turns off when closed.

The end result.

This thing is freaking BRIGHT. Felt like daylight in my underground garage. Just look at the amount of light flooding on the ground behind my car. Not bad for 100 lumens!

Nice I did something similar, but with a gutted t10 led base

Used to make plug and play kits for mk1 focus hatchbacks. So I thought I would try the FiST.