Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many people think the Fiesta RS will happen?

How many people think the Fiesta RS will happen?

• Yes

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 35 53.8%

• Total voters

FocusMike

I've been reading a lot of gossip that the Fiesta RS is very close to being a reality. How many of us here think that this will happen? Discuss....[dictate][thumb]

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I don't think so... A $32k fiesta? I think they were stretching it with a $26,400 fiesta (like mine). They don't seem to be selling fist faster than they can build them, so a fiesta ST would have to be extremely limited production. Hell, it seems like the fiesta ST is limited production as it is. They would have to only build like 50 to make it "limited production" vs the fist, lol.

I would love to see them build it.... Our resell may suffer a lot, but I'd still love to see it. I can't afford a $32k fiesta anymore than I could afford a $37k focus, but just because I can't have one, doesn't mean I don't want them to exist.

It would also need much more than 250hp with awd.

The best/craziest thing to do would be.... Just put in the 2.0L !!! They said they had to cut the B6 6-speed's case to make it fit in the fiesta ST, so... Not sure how in the hell that huge ( by physical comparison ) , 2.0L would fit, but a 275hp 2.0L would just be down right insane ( about like an awd 2.3L fully built focus sounded 18 months ago ).

Harvick

1000 Post Club
If they can put the 2.0 motor from the Focus ST I'd be very happy.

the duke

I could see a bit more power, brakes and a LSD but keeping FWD. Make the Fiesta ST a FWD track killer, while the Focus has more power. Then the Focus RS just cleans up everything else.

Like mentioned above, the problem is you're looking at a 30K dollar Fiesta. At least the RS has heritage overseas and a good bit of new kit to justify the price.

Build it as a semi-track-prepped car to cut costs. No carpet, sound deadening, headliner, SYNC, audio, navi; plain door cards, dash. Perhaps no back seat, race Recaros, zero optional equipment.

SPhilli911

As much as I would love to see a Fiesta RS, I just don't see it happening. BUT if Ford promised 12 "perfomance" models by 2016 or whatever the date was, then maybe it's possible.

I voted yes.

I think it will happen. I don't think it will be based on the current FiST though.

I think it will happen. I don't think it will be based on the current FiST though.
Exactly this. They won't release a Fiesta RS the same model year as the Focus RS. It'll be behind a year, just like the ST meaning a 2017 Fiesta RS *at the earliest*. The current fiesta will be nearing 9 years old in 2017, and Mulally has already stated that major refreshes will happen in that span. Besides, I saw next-gen Fiesta concepts back in 2013. This points to a logical Fiesta debut in Europe late this year or next as a 2016 or 2017 model.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
With Fords seemingly "build it, and they will buy" attitude, I think it's highly likely, but not guaranteed. As mentioned before it would definitely need more than 250 at the crank as a lot of us are there or beyond already.

Might happen, but probably not for North America. I know Ford has the 'One Ford' global strategy, but a $30,00 to $35,000 Fiesta RS would be a tough sell.

I bought my Fiesta for the 'bang for the buck' factor. Would look at other cars once in the +$30,000 range.

Honestly, if we even see a second generation Fiesta ST in North America I will be some what surprised.
I am sure Ford sells more F 150's in a single day than the Fiesta ST sells in a year in North America.

I think it will surely happens in Europe... But it might not comes in north america since the market isn't too much in hot hatchbacks. It's already good that we have the FiST

If it is annouced before the FoRS actually hitting showrooms and is AWD then I would be all over this

I really hope this happens, but I'm satisfied with the upcoming FoRS for now

Even if I voted NO, I hope YES

But we do know the RS won't happen on this body. It's going to be all new in 16 or 17 and we know there will not be a 16 Fiesta RS.
That's debatable. RS models have historically been released during the later portion of the model cycle.

That being said, with Ford's global car development and the marketing case for having "halo" models, it would make a lot more sense to release RS models at the time of new platform launches (perhaps even before a potential ST variant). So the logical thing for Ford to do would be to wait for the Fiesta MKVIII.

I believe all of this is moot though, as I don't see a business case for a FiRS. Especially for the NA market.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
We are all just having some fun thinking about the possibilities, nothing wrong with that:)

I like the milder front fascia rendering much better.