Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blown Engine Resource Thread

Yeah well if it didn't have a warranty I would do it myself but since it can be fixed for free I mean why not right? The car came with a free lifetime warranty through that dealer. I drive a lot, about 20k miles a year. So this was my fun daily car then I was going to get a project car on the side to build. Thanks for the support guys. Hopefully I will hear from Meagan soon about any options I may have reguarding the situation.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I understand your situation and likely would of done the same then.

I have to remind myself part of why I do things the way I do, basically I mod my cars far to much to bother with a warranty as not likely to be covered for anything important:)

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I think ARP will build you anything you want. Just have to call them. While the quality and materials are special, they studs are just.... Studs (and nuts ).

Lol I wish I could do that. At this point I feel like I should just get an entirely new motor. I mean the same tech that couldn't figure out it was a head gasket or that the head was warped is putting my motor together. I have a feeling I'm going to have a lifetime of problems.

I'm sure the tech will figure out how to mess my engine up. I wish they would just give me a different fiesta st that hasn't been taken apart by somebody that knows nothing. They didn't look into why the head gasket blew so what will stop it from happening again and then continuing to get me to drive with coolant in my oil ruins basically the entire engine with the viscosity not being where it should be. But whatever I guess. I'll just keep driving and then have to return with a blown engine over and over.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
If the head bolts don't have 100% correct torque on them, the gasket will never last..

I hope he uses a torque wrench ;)

Are these TTY head bolts? For an engine with "21 PSI over boost" it sure would be a dumb engineering move to save $25.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #111
Are these TTY head bolts? For an engine with "21 PSI over boost" it sure would be a dumb engineering move to save $25.
Yes they are.

Fyi ARP bolts are on the things for engine products

Russ

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
ARP will make us bolts but the last time I wanted something made it was wheel studs for the HD GM trucks as many broke studs and it was a huge pain to change them in the rear, pulling the axle, etc....

Minimum 100, $10 each, so I posted up a GB on the forums and not one member wanted to chip in which I could hardly believe as many owners had broken studs and paid a lot to have the same stock studs put in.

Anyway, head studs for this engine, unless we got very lucky it would cost far more to get them to make head studs than wheel studs I would imagine.

Anybody seriously want to join in a GB? If enough I could run one and get this done.

---------------

Good luck on the shop fixing your car right, I do not have much faith in them at this point:(

Rick

Thanks guys. Would head studs void warranty? Lol The dealer said they have not inspected my block yet but will when the head comes in....... Shouldn't they have done that when they took it apart the first time? Ugh this is rediculous.

So I just got my car back last night took forever and less than 24 hrs the coolant is low and it's leaking oil..... Getting towed back to the dealer. They replaced the head and head gasket which took about 3 weeks. I'm guessing a warped block or something isn't connected properly.

It runs and drive well now. Ran hot recently once but I pulled off the interstate and shut it down immediately. Guess the car doesn't like morning traffic here in Nashville. I'm convinced it has a cooling issue but ford is not buying it back they said. All of the issues except for the initial one was due to a mechanic that doesn't know what he is doing. Trying to sell the car now.

TheStig

It runs and drive well now. Ran hot recently once but I pulled off the interstate and shut it down immediately. Guess the car doesn't like morning traffic here in Nashville. I'm convinced it has a cooling issue but ford is not buying it back they said. All of the issues except for the initial one was due to a mechanic that doesn't know what he is doing. Trying to sell the car now.
Loop in Meagan on your recent woe's and keep us updated. If things continue you may have a lemon-law fight on your hands. Sucks that you are having so many issues, at this point they would be better off to replace the engine as a whole and the cooling system.

C. love

Man this super sucks hope this gets resolved soon. I hate seeing posts like this as it makes me apprehensive about my own car.

rexdriver85

I don't like seeing this stuff either. Having a warranty is nice but I'd honestly rather do the work myself than let the dealer flat-rate hacks touch my car. It's a fine line, if there's a major failure you pretty much have to take advantage of the warranty but knowing some corner cutting tech is trying to beat the clock fixing my car doesn't sit well.

Hope it all gets worked out.

Ford Community Posts