Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SLD Fiesta ST gas pedal lift spacer - Improve heel/toe technique

Trader history for no-pistons (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed the Gas Pedal Spacer today. Wow, what a noticeable difference! Never thought that 3/8" would make such a difference! [emoji106][emoji122]

OP
no-pistons

no-pistons

Thread Starter #167
Just ran out of stock on these. If your interested, just PM me and I'll put you on the wait list.

OP
no-pistons

no-pistons

Thread Starter #171
so, are these equivalent to the other pedal spacers by active shift designs?
They pretty much do the same thing: raise the gas pedal, bringing it closer to the driver. However, the ASD unit raises the pedal 1.5" if I remember correctly, while mine raises it only 0.375".

For what its worth, I've had a handful of people contact me after buying the ASD 1.5" spacer saying it felt awkward due to lifting the pedal too much. They wanted to give my spacer a shot and then reported back that they were much happier with the more subtle lift.

Thank you, Eric! The spacer is awesome! Although, I still want to raise a little bit more. Maybe 1/2" fits me better. I think there is no golden height but more a personal preference.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thank you, Eric! The spacer is awesome! Although, I still want to raise a little bit more. Maybe 1/2" fits me better. I think there is no golden height but more a personal preference.
Add a couple of washers under the plate to give it one more 1/8".

OP
no-pistons

no-pistons

Thread Starter #176
Add a couple of washers under the plate to give it one more 1/8".
Very welcome Zeta! But I wouldn't recommend adding any additional spacers or washers to extend it further. There just isn't enough thread on the mounting studs to safely do so.

Yes, understand and agree. I wonder how the modbargain 1.5" spacer be installed. Can the studs be replaced with longer ones?

OP
no-pistons

no-pistons

Thread Starter #179
Yes, understand and agree. I wonder how the modbargain 1.5" spacer be installed. Can the studs be replaced with longer ones?
They use coupling nuts. When those are used you would need to use a 1"+ spacer, which I feel would be too tall.

OP
no-pistons

no-pistons

Thread Starter #180
If any of you guys have friends with a Focus ST, I made a small batch of spacers for the FoST also.

IMG_3658.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.