Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tall people- how well do you fit in your car?

I am in a bit of a unique dilemma and I am looking for some input from tall FiST owners. I stand just below 6'3 and still growing, and I am worried if I buy the Fiesta I'll physically outgrow it. I'm no stranger to small cars, and if I "kinda fit" that's good enough to me. I brought my helmet to a dealership yesterday and they wouldn't let me sit in one with it on [rofl] but I fit fine otherwise.

I turn 20 on the 21st, and a new Fiesta ST would make an awesome birthday present to myself!

To try and keep this organized:

How tall are you?
What is your inseam?
Which seats do you have?
Sunroof or no sunroof?
Do you fit with a helmet?

haste

1000 Post Club
I'm 6'3 with 34" inseam and fit fine. Getting in and out of the car is my only complaint because of the high bolsters on the recaros
I fit better in the fiesta than I do the focus...
I've done multiple road trips and was comfortable every time. The recaros do take a little time to break in.

Chuckable

About 6'1"
32-34" inseam
Recaros
No sunroof
Yes, fit with a helmet with some room to spare

Don't get the sunroof if you're still growing and/or you ever plan to wear a helmet.

Butterybunz

I'm 6'4" 190lbs with a 34 inseam. Once I'm in the car I'm very comfortable and love the feel. I agree that getting in and out of the car is a bit of a hassle. I love small cars though, and the FiST feels perfect to me. I do have the sunroof and recaros. I can't chime in about the helmet yet, I have never worn one in the car.

Etyrnus

I'm another 6'3, 34 inseam. No problems, and I have the regular seats. My 6'7 brother has been in the car and not had a problem fitting either, but he wasn't driving.

Edit: I do have the sunroof as well.

I'm 6'2", 34" inseam, 225lbs and I have absolutely no issues. I have the regular seats but I'm looking to swap at least the driver's seat for an aftermarket seat with more support.

6'4'', 34'' inseam. Agreed with everything everyone has said.

Recaros, no sunroof. Plenty of headroom, and my seat is a few notches closer than maxed out. No, nobody can sit directly behind me, but that's rarely an issue. Recaros do take some time to break in, but are a great seat.

6'5", 34" inseam, 210 lbs. Regular seats, no sunroof. Like others have said, once in I fit just fine.

6'2"
38" inseam
Recaros and sunroof.

No problems with seats or headroom, but I can not wear a helmet. I do however like to set up straight when driving. I wanted
a car with out the sunroof but could not find one.

6'2
base seats
no sunroof
no idea about helmet.
Been on multiple 400+ mile trips and I feel good. I have to skootch up to stretch my legs though.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Im 6'4 with a 32inch inseam. I fit perfectly and comfortably. The only thing is theres no room behind me. Idk about the helmet clearance though.

haste

1000 Post Club
I had a small issue autocrossing with a helmet on but it didn't bug me during my runs. I've read other people turn their headrests around backwards and it solves the issue. I will try this next time.

C. love

6'2. 185lbs 33 inseam. Recaros. I fit perfect. Matter of fact I love the seats and I live to fit snug so if anything tgese seats are a might bit loose. Just too the car on a very long road trip even with 20+ hours of driving (i slept for 2 hours in the trunk/backseat) my butt and lower back was no worse for wear