Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Skid Plate for Fiesta ST North America

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
Forgot to mention he is looking for a local guy/gal for a fitment test. He is in Syracuse NY. I told him I can be available end of August should no one be available.

J2FoRS

Did he give specs on weight and final pricing? I may be more interested in the plastic one haha. Are you still going up to test fit?

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
Did he give specs on weight and final pricing? I may be more interested in the plastic one haha. Are you still going up to test fit?
MRSP $375 plus shipping. The plastic one seems to be for the 3 door market cars and yes I'm working with him for final fitment on my car before he announces it is released. As for weight all I currently know its aluminum and no drilling to mount.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
yes, I got an email from him tonight saying he is in the final steps of the ST skid plate! Perfect timing for winter or the fall Rallycross season. Excited to see how the product looks installed.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #29
yes, I got an email from him tonight saying he is in the final steps of the ST skid plate! Perfect timing for winter or the fall Rallycross season. Excited to see how the product looks installed.
Same here. My only worry is accessing the oil plug and filter once installed. Depending on the mount points it could be easy or a pain every oil change however it is worth it to protect the engine.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I worried about that as well. I don't know if adding a trap door to access the filter and drain plug would work or not. On my wife's Escape, the factory skid plate (belly pan since it doesn't really do much other than look skid plate-ish) is completely removed for oil changes. The Rally America Fiesta's that I have seen up close don't have provisions to access anything either, they just drop the plate.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #31
I worried about that as well. I don't know if adding a trap door to access the filter and drain plug would work or not. On my wife's Escape, the factory skid plate (belly pan since it doesn't really do much other than look skid plate-ish) is completely removed for oil changes. The Rally America Fiesta's that I have seen up close don't have provisions to access anything either, they just drop the plate.
Well i'm using the Fumoto quick valve so making a small access port with a plug/gromet for it would be relatively easy. Next would be a oil filter relocation kit. The oil filter is a pain where it is anyway. This is all contingent on the ease of install of the plate. One thing is for sure there will be an oil change immediately before the fitment so that I don't have to worry for a while.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #32
Further updates:
Confirmed the MSRP : $375 usd
Weight: ~9kg (~20lbs)
Thickness: 4mm (5/32" for yous americains)

Izzy

Way too heavy for me, but it should be practical for you winter folks. Looking for something plastic and light weight.

PhoenixM3

Since Orsen would have to come from Malaysia, I'd say Skid Plate Guy if I were a betting man.
A little off topic, but I wonder if the Pierce 6 point brace could be fitted with some lightweight panel/s? I'd more likely go that route as it stiffens the chassis a bit.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #36
A little off topic, but I wonder if the Pierce 6 point brace could be fitted with some lightweight panel/s? I'd more likely go that route as it stiffens the chassis a bit.
Likely yes. However think of servicing requirement to. I would weld on tabs(tapped)/nuts to the brace and bolt pieces that way so you can remove them for oil changes and the likes. You could even do it out of a type of lexan/plexiglass to keep weight down. There are some type that are very strong.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #37
UPDATE!!!! It fits!!!

Edited to reflect there is now one that is DIY [strongman]

Just returned from Syracuse and the thing fits like a glove. [rockon]

https://www.facebook.com/SkidPlateGuy/photos/a.1413203552289701.1073741826.1412809962329060/1620776361532418/?type=1&theater

The two bottom pictures are the clearance.

Skid Plate Guy
Ford Fiesta FIESTA ST 4mm Aluminum Skid Plate kit. Taking orders NOW 20% off MSRP of $375.00 plus S/H email skidplateguy@gmail.com for more details. Long time coming but fit like a champ!!!!! #fiestast #fordfiestast #mk7 #aboutgoddamtime
Let him know you saw it from me as he is interested in feedback on how people find him.

[MENTION=1313]BRGT350[/MENTION]

No access ports but very easy to get off to do maintenance. Remove front bolts and loosen the rears. Plate is not that heavy.

Ordered mine. I commute way to far everyday on the hwy and have experienced the amount of damage road debris can cause esp during the winter months. Former VW TDI owner who had the joys of hitting a rock had enough to crack my oil pan at 70mph. Will probably take it off for track use, but may try it both ways and see if I feel a difference.

Any pics of how low it hangs relative to the ground? This is perfect for lowered cars but I wonder if it's too low