Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

205 or 225 tire 16x7 wheel in H stock ?

Sorry to resurrect this. I see most of the discussion is about 205 50 or 225 45, is that because 225 50 is entirely out of the question? Seems like that would give the most tire so long as if does not rub.

Sorry to resurrect this. I see most of the discussion is about 205 50 or 225 45, is that because 225 50 is entirely out of the question? Seems like that would give the most tire so long as if does not rub.
the 225/50-16 will bring a good amount of speedo difference where the 225/45-16 is pretty close to OEM: https://tiresize.com/comparison/
Plus you are adding sidewall, which isn't always desirable for performance driving

felopr

the 225/50-16 will bring a good amount of speedo difference where the 225/45-16 is pretty close to OEM: https://tiresize.com/comparison/
Plus you are adding sidewall, which isn't always desirable for performance driving
i think is because the 205/50 will rub in most cases

I thought the h street tire to get was the re71r in 205 50? Well tire rack screwed up and i ended up with 225 50 and while i still have the option of sending them back (only if i do not drive on them so i cant test them..), ill run them if they dont rub.

And on my track turbo miata i run 205s on 8" wide wheels. I understand the 225s wont have that precise feel but theyll have more grip. So long as they dont rub!

Can anyone with a similar setup (or even 205 50 16 or 225 45 16) say how much rubbing there is, if any?

Well if I don't hear back, my next post might be a $650 one. I'm willing to test these out I suppose if nobody else has yet, perhaps this size wasn't available last year for the RE71R? I see the BFG Rivals in 225 50 16 do not fit, but in my experience Rivals run pretty wide.

ok, for rubbing, i run a 215/45/17, it makes it 24.6in tall for my SUR4G's they rub, alot. if you run a near 24.5 in tall tire on a lowered car, its going to rub, you can see where i have already gone through the fender liner in my car in 2 events and a track day.

Big difference here is that I am NOT lowering my car AT ALL. It is staying on stock springs, with the addition of Koni Yellows, which should keep it off the bump stops and from overcompressing as well. I also plan to get an alignment soon (still using what came from the factory?) and adding some camber should help. Man, great shot btw. Love that its 3 wheeling in the rain! That's some traction for ya!

And rubbing through the fender liner, while a nuisance and obviously not correct, is nowhere near as bad as biting through tire from metal fender tabs and the like. My track miata makes a ton of noise in the fender well, but it hasn't really gone through much of the plastic fender liner yet surprisingly enough. Went for a ride in a friends FoST, it barely rubbed (or so I thought, because it made very little sound), but tore a giant streak into the sidewall.

I'm probably just going to give these tires a go, because while there is a lot of data for related and similar setups, I haven't heard back from anyone with the exact setup.

I have 205/50/16 on my RPF1 wheels with no rub but Iā€™m also on coilovers so I adjusted for it. When they were on my b8 struts with swift spring I had zero issues with rubbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the answer I am looking for is they rub but only slightly and I think I just about got that. Thanks yall, and wish me luck!

Okay after going on and on i feel like going against the grain here would be dumb. The test wouldve been nice, but the thought of 2 wheeling made me rethink. Ill take a bit less grip, a bit more rotation, and less of a chance of a rollover.

OP
P

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #38
Good choice. Higher center of gravity pus more grip bad idea

yup, the 205/50R16 will bump you up about 0.5" (back to where a base Fiesta height is...which the base fiesta is not allowed in stock class for rollover reasons)

I'm planning on running 215/45R16 Rival S (1.5?) from BFGoodrich. Coming off of 205/50R16 and previously 205/45R16 RE-71R. I won a couple local autocrosses with those previous tires, but I wouldn't run the 50 series again.