Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

STephen's Build Thread

Hi everyone! I finally decided to make a build thread for my 2015 Oxford White FiST. This will mainly be a showcase of my car and its current modifications, updated periodically as I go.

I decided to ditch my 1999 BMW M3 for something new. I wavered a bit on picking my next car and was split between the Fiesta ST and Focus ST, but settled on the FiST due to price considerations and personal preference on looks.

Current Modifications

Performance and Suspension Upgrades:

Injen cat-back exhaust system
Cobb Acessport V3 with black faceplate
Cobb polyurethane exhaust hangers
Boomba Racing transmission cable bracket bushings
Boomba Racing transmission short-shift adapter
Dead Hook Motorsports sound symposer delete in black
mountune sport springs
mountune rear motor mount
mountune radiator
Koni Orange str.t shocks
Whoosh intercooler V.1 in black
Whoosh base shifter bushings
Whoosh induction intake induction hose in black
Custom cold-air feeder hose

Exterior Body & Wheel Upgrades:

Triple R front splitter
Headlight Armor GT yellow foglight overlays
Perrin "super shorty" antenna
OEM Ford Fiesta ST black mirror caps
Boomba Racing black wing risers (currently removed)
DMB Graphics 3M carbon fiber Fiesta ST badge inlays
Fiesta emblem debadge
H1 yellow high beam bulbs
XXR 527 17x7.5 et 40 in gold
Rota Grids 17x8 et 40 with center caps in black (currently removed)
McGard lug nuts with locking nuts in black (currently removed)
Muteki lug nuts with locking nuts in black
OEM Fiesta 2011-13 tail lights
Perelli P Zero Nero GT in 215/40r17 (no rubbing)

Interior Upgrades:

No-Pistons dead pedal
WC Lathe Werks custom stainless steel shift knob
OEM ST logo all-weather floor mats
Dynamat 11102 Dynaliner
Redline Goods Alcantera shift boot in red

Future Modifications

A few more cosmetic bits and potentially a new exhaust.

Here is a picture of my BMW before I switched over.

03.JPG

Day 0: The dealership located an Oxford White Fiesta ST with the options that I wanted but I had to wait a few days to take delivery. In the mean time they handed me the keys to drive this Green Envy around for a bit. I loved the color and wouldn't mind having a Mustang in "Gotta Have It Green."

IMG_5607.jpg

I picked up my car from Walnut Creek Ford. It had 51 miles on it already and was filled with shameful regular gas.

IMG_5654.jpg

I was absolutely giddy the first day and drove all over the Bay Area.

IMG_5662.jpg

I immediately had plans for various cosmetic mods. I installed no-pistons's awesome dead pedal and covered up the red "ST" badges with 3M carbon fiber inlays. I think the little things are what really set the car off.

IMG_1483.JPG

IMG_1497.JPG

I later added a WC Lathe Werks stainless steel shift knob.

IMG_1496.JPG

Next up it was time for me to make more identifiable modifications.

First was adding Boomba Racing's wing riser kit.

rsz_img_6012_1.jpg

I wasn't too keen on the FiST's natural jawline so I decided to make it look more aggressive by adding a Triple R front splitter. I also added some Headlight Armor foglight overlays.

rsz_1img_6078.jpg

With the black front splitter on, I wanted to add a compliment to the front end. I decided on OEM black mirror caps. The same day I also went ahead and installed the mountune sport spring kit.

rsz_img_6137.jpg

The car was finally starting to come together but it was severely lacking in the sound department. I was tired of having a car as quiet as my Honda Accord hybrid so I decided to slap on an exhaust. Personally, I am a big fan of the single tip exhaust systems. I really wanted to get Injen's exhaust but NO ONE (at the time) had a damn sound clip on the internet. Despite that I pulled the trigger and ordered one. I haven't regretted that decision once. Edit: I may regret it now, as I have been commuting to work 80 miles in each direction for the past 3 months and the drone is driving me

rsz_img_6196.jpg

IMG_6204.JPG

First wheel set installed, Rota Grids 17x8:

IMG_1498.JPG

rsz_1img_1478.jpg

IMG_1482.JPG

Next, I decided to plastidip the white rear diffuser black. I did it at 1:30 am this morning so it didn't exactly turn out amazing, though you can't tell unless your nose is up to the paint.

IMG_1503.JPG

Thanks for looking. [raceflag]

Oh yeah I have some other mods that I forgot to mention like short-shift goodies, an AEM intake (CARB cert. piece. Thanks, California!)

3/17/15: Went ahead and installed my new rear motor mount today:

IMG_6375.JPG

IMG_6374.JPG

What an amazing difference. Hardly any vibration at any range. A/C turned up while sitting idle has only the most minor of vibrations. You wouldn't know that it wasn't normal if you were new to the car. This modification and Boomba Racing's transmission cable bracket bushings are by far my two favorite changes to date.

3/26/15: The car is now almost at 2,300 miles. I wasn't really planning on getting an AccessPORT... but you know how things like that go. [hihi]

So I'm sitting at Stage 1 for the time being. I can't believe it took me this long to join you guys in the First World. Hah!

IMG_1508.JPG

IMG_1515.JPG

I love this car... and [lovecobb]

4/1/15: 2,400 miles on her now. BUMPER PLUGS! Hopefully gained a few hp haha.

IMG_1518.JPG

5/13/15: 3,139 miles. A big thank you to Russ [MENTION=1098]drag4life723[/MENTION] of Dead Hook Motorsports for hooking me up with a Sound Symposer Delete Kit. Edit: RIP.

IMG_1591.JPG

IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_1530.JPG

IMG_1563.JPG

IMG_1566.JPG

IMG_6630.JPG

5/20/15 3,212 miles. Dynamat installed.

IMG_7021.JPG

(Update) 5/22/15: 3385 miles

Installed Koni str.t shocks! The car rides so much smoother and more comfortable than before. I can actually imagine taking road trips now.

IMG_1631.JPG

IMG_1639.JPG

7/23/15 3,907 miles

Black plates came in the mail today! Something a little different:

IMG_1671.JPG

IMG_1676.JPG

8/3/18 25,274 miles

Super bump, with not much of an update. It's been a few years since I was last active on this forum but figured I'd continue updating this build thread. Here's how she sits now. I'll get better pictures soon! I've added a few new pieces such as an AEM intake, OEM 2011-2013 Fiesta tail lights, installed 215/40r17 Pirelli P Zero Nero tires, and have ordered the mountune radiator. I also removed the boomba wing risers and the carbon fiber vinyl overlays on the "ST" emblems for a cleaner look.

IMG_3110 FSJDFA 3.JPG

Old picture (somewhere around 2015):
IMG_7163.JPG

New look for the car August 2018:
img_4249sdlkjafld-69 resize.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great! OW would've been my second choice if the Silver wasn't available.

OP
STephen
Thread Starter #4
Looks great! OW would've been my second choice if the Silver wasn't available.
Thank you! I hear you on that. The first FiST I test drove was silver. It looked amazing paired with Rado wheels.

Nicely Done!! Where did you purchase the "ST" inlay?
Thanks!! I got the inlays from DMB Graphics. I came across them while searching for Ford gel badges.

OP
STephen
Thread Starter #6

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Yeah, those look like they would be the same cut. DMB shipped mine over from the UK in about a week if I recall. I think the price point was fairly comparable as well.
thanks again! And I look forward to following your build!

Awesome build so far and thx for the info on those in-lays, they look amazing. Keep up the great work man!!

OP
STephen
Thread Starter #13
Subscribed for more updates.[thumb]
Hope to have some new stuff added to the car soon [burnout]

One of my favorite OW cars. Sub'd.
Thanks!! It's a work in progress. After making this build thread I'm starting to realize it could use a bit more power....

woot woot, love this car [thumb]
Thank you, man!!! I'm loving your build thread so far. [cheers]

Awesome build so far and thx for the info on those in-lays, they look amazing. Keep up the great work man!!
They've held up quite well. I just have to be more diligent with rubbing a protectant on them every month or so. Gotta keep them fresh!

Awesome build so far!!
Thank you very much!!! Your car is a major inspiration for my own.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Hope to have some new stuff added to the car soon [burnout]

Thanks!! It's a work in progress. After making this build thread I'm starting to realize it could use a bit more power....

Thank you, man!!! I'm loving your build thread so far. [cheers]

They've held up quite well. I just have to be more diligent with rubbing a protectant on them every month or so. Gotta keep them fresh!

Thank you very much!!! Your car is a major inspiration for my own.
Thanks man!! If you have any questions, let me know.

OP
STephen
Thread Starter #15
Updated first post! I'm thinking about tint next. Any suggestions on brands? [wave]

How are you liking your lathe werks shift knob? Does it get too hot? How's the weight? Did you order the "small grooves"? I'm considering getting one because there so awesome and unique, but they're definitely pricey.

OP
STephen
Thread Starter #19
How are you liking your lathe werks shift knob? Does it get too hot? How's the weight? Did you order the "small grooves"? I'm considering getting one because there so awesome and unique, but they're definitely pricey.
I like it a lot. I opted for the stainless steel with 5 small grooves around the top. The weight feels great between throws as it is paired with Boomba's short throw transmission adapter and transmission bracket bushings. Weather out here has been mild so there hasn't been any issues so far with temperature. Though I have read that it does get quite hot/cold depending. Time will tell.