Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What's your Fiesta ST suspension plan?

What's your Fiesta ST suspension plan?

• Leave it stock

Votes: 92 24.9%
  • Lowering Springs

Votes: 109 29.5%
  • Coil-Overs

Votes: 167 45.1%
  • Air Suspension

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters

no-pistons

Bilstein coilovers, or at least Bilstein shocks at the very least. Stock shocks are pure crap and I'm very annoyed at the bounciness.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I see it like this. If your roads are nice and are not serious about racing keep it stock. If your roads are bad get BC coils. If you are serious about racing wait for KW coils. If your roads are nice and hate wheel gap get lowering springs....
I hate that I removed the stock suspension, but my roads are so friggin horrible that I had no choice. Its night and day with the BC coils but with the way my streets are im really considering a 4x4 for the winter. My car is really taking a beating and it makes me crazy.

I see it like this. If your roads are nice and are not serious about racing keep it stock. If your roads are bad get BC coils. If you are serious about racing wait for KW coils. If your roads are nice and hate wheel gap get lowering springs....
I hate that I removed the stock suspension, but my roads are so friggin horrible that I had no choice. Its night and day with the BC coils but with the way my streets are im really considering a 4x4 for the winter. My car is really taking a beating and it makes me crazy.
I used to drive a tractor trailer in the 5 boroughs back in the day...even with air ride it was a horrible jaw rattling nightmare...I bet there aren't too many roads where you can just sit back and take a straight line without getting demolished in your FiST...I feel your pain bro

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I have to drive over 15-20 toll free miles just to find some nice roads to enjoy my car. Sometimes if not all times I feel like I made a bad choice in buying this car...

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Oh and let me add, I had to put my stock wheels back on because 3 of my Sparco Assettos which I bought in december have lip bends on them with one sidewall tires gash.
Im afraid to drive my car in the next winter.

That's too bad man...and even if they fix the roads, they are always tearing them up to fix some problem below...I don't know how you deal with that place on a daily basis...glad I was only visitor for a short time

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Coilovers, not sure yet which ones
Rear sway bar or build my own
Powerflex track bushings in front sway bar, control arms, rear axle
Add more negative camber in the rear
Moderate drop for real world streets and keep the geometry properly setup as that is faster than slammed;)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Coilovers, not sure yet which ones
Rear sway bar or build my own
Powerflex track bushings in front sway bar, control arms, rear axle
Add more negative camber in the rear
Moderate drop for real world streets and keep the geometry properly setup as that is faster than slammed;)
15x9, 12.2lb track wheels with 225 Hoosier or possibly Rival tires.

RAAMaudio, why do you want more negative camber in the rear/bigger sway up front? Too oversteery for you? If that's the case, why stiffen up the rear bar? Just trying to understand, I'm sure there's a method to your madness!

My suspension plan is pretty simple. We already got Sparco 16x7 wheels with Dunlop Z2 205/50-16 for the fun stuff. More aggressive brakepads and high temp fluid are next, as are Bilstein dampers when they become available. If someone makes a nice adjustable front sway, we MAY consider it, depending on the balance of the car with the stickier tires/better dampers. Oh, and I will be loosening as many bolts as I can and smacking suspension components around until I can get every .1deg of degative camber up front.

I can't understand why everyone wants to put a bigger rear sway, or rather more correctly, reinforce the rear torsion beam. The point in an IRS car is to get more weight transferred to the outside of the car under load. This car will already pull the inside rear wheel WAAAY into the air under hard cornering. You can't transfer more weight than ALL of it! hehe...

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I have done the Eibach lowering springs.
Now I am using the BC Coilovers.
This is a great improvement.

I tried both Eibach front and rear sway bars.
This is a great setup for street use only.
However, I found the Eibach front sway bar to be too stiff for the track.
Now I am using an OE Fiesta non-ST front sway bar with the Eibach rear sway bar.
This combination works terrific.

I run negative 2.5 degrees camber in the front and stock in the rear.
This will change soon as I am in the process of making plates for negative 2 degrees rear as well.

I use the OE Goodrich tires on the street and Toyo R888 on the track.
Both are 205/40/17.

We have our share of potholes here in So. Cal. as well.
I hate bending light weight wheels.
So I use FRPP rally wheels on the street.
And I use the OE ST wheels on the track (for now).

Dave

I'm still deciding whether or not I'll do anything. The handling from the factory is great, so it's not like that needs improving. The area that lets the side down is ride. We have some crappy roads in Oz, so stiff suspension tends to not be ideal. Springs do (slightly) soften the ride. I had Eibachs under the RS when I had that and ride was fractionally better than standard. Coilovers can go either way. I'm a little scared off that option because I have KWs under my S40 and the ride's appalling - saved only by comfy Volvo seats...

The stock ride is perfect for me. I never wanted a cushy or too low of a ride. The st is aggressive and there is no doubt it's intentions once you get behind the wheel.

This poll has terrible options. Stock springs, Koni yellows with Eibach front bar and as much negative camber as I can get out of the factory suspension tolerances. That's my plan.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Koni's for the Non-ST Fiesta are about $370ish, I say add another $50-$100 for ST application Koni's
Konis arent available yet for our car I thought? I plan on doing Eibachs for now and Konis in the future.