Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What's your Fiesta ST suspension plan?

What's your Fiesta ST suspension plan?

• Leave it stock

Votes: 92 24.9%
  • Lowering Springs

Votes: 109 29.5%
  • Coil-Overs

Votes: 166 45.0%
  • Air Suspension

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters

Young L

I had the Koni yellows on my old CD5 Accord and really liked the way they rode but hated playing the guessing game on the adjustments. I wish they did a dial knob like on the tokico.

felopr

leave it stock basically, maybe in the future put a little softer shocks

Koni yellows for our application are the same as the non-ST version, as verified by Lee Grimes with Koni NA The only difference is that there's a removable rubber insulator on the base of the spring perch that needs to be removed on the yellows to be used with the ST. Also, the ST uses a couple removable harmonic dampers bolted to the struts, and the Konis have no provision to retain these, but it creates ZERO issue.

The needed part numbers are as follows:

(2) 8040-1419 (rears)
(1) 8741-1565L
(1) 8741-1565R

Tirerack doesn't have them listed for ANY application, but per email/phone call, their price is not competitive anyway. Best I've found so far is though LTB Autosports Inc. out of Florida. www.LTBautosports.com or sales@ltbautosports.com. The owner's name is Louis, and he is a SUPER helpful and prompt guy! My shipped price was $798 and was the best I found anywhere!

The $370ish price listed above is NOT for Koni yellows (sports). That's for Koni SRT.T (orange) which are a TOTALLY different (oem-type) animal...

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Koni yellows for our application are the same as the non-ST version, as verified by Lee Grimes with Koni NA The only difference is that there's a removable rubber insulator on the base of the spring perch that needs to be removed on the yellows to be used with the ST. Also, the ST uses a couple removable harmonic dampers bolted to the struts, and the Konis have no provision to retain these, but it creates ZERO issue.

The needed part numbers are as follows:

(2) 8040-1419 (rears)
(1) 8741-1565L
(1) 8741-1565R

Tirerack doesn't have them listed for ANY application, but per email/phone call, their price is not competitive anyway. Best I've found so far is though LTB Autosports Inc. out of Florida. www.LTBautosports.com or sales@ltbautosports.com. The owner's name is Louis, and he is a SUPER helpful and prompt guy! My shipped price was $798 and was the best I found anywhere!
Thanks for the info! I have to give him a call. Stock shocks are getting by at the monument but need to go soon.

Of course! It's hard to find good info, so when I have it I like to share. Mine are on the way, can't wait to get them installed.

For now I'm going to leave it stock but once I move if the roads are better I'll install some lowering springs.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I will be eventually upgrading shocks and struts or maybe just getting a coil over kit. For now the mountune springs and stock shocks and struts are fine. I will probably see a real need when I get this thing on a track.

meFiSTo

..I will probably see a real need when I get this thing on a track.
...which is exaclty why I opted to sell my new, unopened in the box mountune springs and go directly to BC Racing coilovers. Those are awaiting install, along with a Quaife LSD. That, brake lines, and some already-installed mild engine changes and the car will basically be done. Fingers crossed.

I progressed from the stock springs to 3-way adjustable coilovers on my last FWD Ford. The difference in handling was not small. I figured I might as well just make the changes if I'm going to spend more than 1 or 2 days at the track a year.

Chris G

I'll probably be keeping mine stock for a while since it's a daily driver. If anything, lowering springs would be the only thing I'll do over the next 3 years. We're blessed that this car handles pretty damn well out of the box. This is the only performance car I've ever owned that I feel nothing needs to be swapped out right away. It's a miracle!

Going with Koni Yellows (Street Class autocross) and I am probably going to remove the rear bar as the benefits are minimal and the shock will end up doing a better job then the bar was anyway.

Going with Koni Yellows (Street Class autocross) and I am probably going to remove the rear bar as the benefits are minimal and the shock will end up doing a better job then the bar was anyway.
THIS. I know Mango and I are already going back and forth in another thread, but for everyone else, you can probably make the car as rotate-y (technical racing term) as you can handle just playing with the shocks.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Plan...? Executed. 6-point Pierce brace, Pierce mid-brace (arrives tomorrow), TB Performance torsion bar, and Koni STR.Ts. I doubt I'll need anything more than that.

Got my yellows installed now. I'm glad I did. I set the rears at a half turn back from full stiff. It is more stiff then stock but it seems to ride better and turn in better. (rotate) I have the fronts set a bit off of soft for now, I will probably turn them up a little but to kept it tossable I will keep it off full stiff in the front.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Koni STR.T, 6-point and torsion bar make for a car on rails. Goes where you tell it and it sticks to road inspiring more confidence than ever.