Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mishimoto j line bolt on FEELER

Trader history for CMbuildz Racing (0)

J2FoRS

It pushes the front air dam down just a bit but it's not too bad. This shouldn't interfere with a splitter.
Can anyone expand on this? Really considering picking up the whole set up but curious as to this statement. How much does it push it down? It would be constantly under downward pressure? Can you see this? I was concerned seeing someone sold their entire set up (including your bracket) because it pushed the lower cover down so much that he scraped in and out of his driveway. Just trying to get full disclosure before clicking "Buy" on my amazon cart.

I have had the j line for a while now. I just the other day with @cmbuildz flipped the intercooler around. I think the figment is much better now. I don't think I would have any problem putting a splitter on. I'll try to upload some photos tomorrow for you. I do think it wouldn't hurt if I trimmed a little of the plastic on the bottom where the ic touches the bumper. I'll try to add photos of this as well.

Can anyone expand on this? Really considering picking up the whole set up but curious as to this statement. How much does it push it down? It would be constantly under downward pressure? Can you see this? I was concerned seeing someone sold their entire set up (including your bracket) because it pushed the lower cover down so much that he scraped in and out of his driveway. Just trying to get full disclosure before clicking "Buy" on my amazon cart.
If you orient the IC the correct way and make small cuts to the bumper cover, the bumper cover with fit normally. What won't fit quite right is the air dam.

The J-Line is too tall to fit completely under the air dam. Thus, you won't be able to attach the three lower bolts that connect the air dam to the car, and the air dam will hang down 1-2" lower than stock.

Notice that the two holes on the left side of the picture no longer line up:

For me, this was a deal breaker solely because my driveway was ends in an acute angle. That's the only time it rubbed.

J2FoRS

[MENTION=2843]tjd_tdi[/MENTION] thanks! I will look for a different route to take then. I thought it did fit and this bracket made it all direct bolt on. Don't want to trim anything as I'll want to return to stock. Thanks buddy.

OP
CMbuildz Racing
Thread Starter #131
[MENTION=2843]tjd_tdi[/MENTION] thanks! I will look for a different route to take then. I thought it did fit and this bracket made it all direct bolt on. Don't want to trim anything as I'll want to return to stock. Thanks buddy.
Hey sorry to chime in so late, we recently just flipped [MENTION=2698]mrdabbs[/MENTION] intercooler the opposite way that I originally designed this bracket around. The lower air dam seem to actually fit a little better, though you cannot still install the lower bolts that [MENTION=2843]tjd_tdi[/MENTION] mentioned the seven 7mm screws that hold the lower air dam to the bumper went in with ease. Hopefully this helps thanks for the interest in my product .

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447694445.092105.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447694468.614021.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447694535.704510.jpg

Okay, so my car is apart right now and I'm going to finish it up today. I'm thinking of just leaving the lower airdam off...will this cause any problems? It scrapped really bad with the stock intercooler (I'm lowered) and I'm worried about it hanging even lower now. I realize that I will have to do something different with the mounting of my splitter because the hardware for bolting it up is in the airdam, I can just get some bolts and mount it to the bottom of the bumper in the factory holes. So are there any good reasons why leaving it off would be an issue?

Okay, so my car is apart right now and I'm going to finish it up today. I'm thinking of just leaving the lower airdam off...will this cause any problems? It scrapped really bad with the stock intercooler (I'm lowered) and I'm worried about it hanging even lower now. I realize that I will have to do something different with the mounting of my splitter because the hardware for bolting it up is in the airdam, I can just get some bolts and mount it to the bottom of the bumper in the factory holes. So are there any good reasons why leaving it off would be an issue?
Yes, it will definitely affect air flow. In general, you want to try to force air through the intercooler, and not allow the air to go around it. Not sure how much of a difference it will make. But Ford put it there for a reason.

Yes, it will definitely affect air flow. In general, you want to try to force air through the intercooler, and not allow the air to go around it. Not sure how much of a difference it will make. But Ford put it there for a reason.
I just test fitted everything after bolting the bojix CF splitter onto the bumper. The splitter actually goes back far enough that it wouldn't allow any air to be pushed under the intercooler, it looks like air could go around on the sides but the airdam wouldn't of helped that anyway...actually the splitter just barely clears the bottom of the intercooler so I doubt it would of fit right with the airdam anyway. My only concern now is will the lack of the wind deflector under the car cause any issues. I had planned on taking it off since it scrapes on everything anyway. I'll let you guys know how it goes. If I notice anything weird I can always just put it back on.

I just test fitted everything after bolting the bojix CF splitter onto the bumper. The splitter actually goes back far enough that it wouldn't allow any air to be pushed under the intercooler, it looks like air could go around on the sides but the airdam wouldn't of helped that anyway...actually the splitter just barely clears the bottom of the intercooler so I doubt it would of fit right with the airdam anyway. My only concern now is will the lack of the wind deflector under the car cause any issues. I had planned on taking it off since it scrapes on everything anyway. I'll let you guys know how it goes. If I notice anything weird I can always just put it back on.
Ahh, good deal on the splitter. Seems like you might lose an MPG on the highway without the vertical air dam piece, but I wouldn't be as concerned about that piece compared with the horizontal piece to force air through the IC. If your splitter is taking care of that, I'd be pretty happy.

Ahh, good deal on the splitter. Seems like you might lose an MPG on the highway without the vertical air dam piece, but I wouldn't be as concerned about that piece compared with the horizontal piece to force air through the IC. If your splitter is taking care of that, I'd be pretty happy.
It's pretty weird how well the splitter fits under the intercooler, almost like it was made for that set up.

J2FoRS

It's pretty weird how well the splitter fits under the intercooler, almost like it was made for that set up.
Pics of all this? Please! About to pull the trigger and have a splitter on the back burner. Show me show me!:)

Got mine on yesterday, this bracket saves so much time and doesn't require any drilling and measuring! When you install this you have a decision which way you want the end tanks to stick out. I chose to put them in the back so I wouldn't have to cut into the bumper. But I'd then have to cut the under tray guard to make it work. I will be later getting rid of that and get a splitter. Thanks CMbuildz for great bracket!