Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune's New Catted Downpipe for Fiesta ST

Shiny [twothumb] wonder if they will have another map for the mtune when using this with the mp215.
I can't imagine this is going to be a warranty friendly item, therefore no MP support. Maybe the MR tune is closer than we thought and it'll be part of that :p

No CEL high flow cat? I would be in for that. I'll have to wait and see after a few guinneas.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #8
FYI....

Mountune's new Catted Downpipe is now available for sale on their US retail site ($549)...

http://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Sport-CAT-Down-Pipe-Fiesta-ST-2013-2015-p/2364-dpsc-aa.htm

mountune-fiesta-st-downpipe.jpg

The mountune Sport Cat Down Pipe has been engineered to reduce exhaust back-pressure at the turbocharger allowing faster response and additional power. Features include a large diameter (5”) motorsport type, 200 cell count metal substrate honeycomb catalyst to ensure effective, ultra high flow performance in extreme environments. Large catalyst cross section means increased exhaust flow compared to other smaller catalyst equipped down pipes on the market. Constructed of 3” primary AISI 304 Stainless Steel mandrel bent tubing with a CNC machined flange that allows easy installation. Additionally, robust factory type mounting brackets and hangers are utilized to maintain perfect alignment and OE like fitment. We also incorporate a 6” stainless steel Flex Section to help absorb shock, prevent OE hanger failure, and a reduced chance of false knock signals causing engine power reduction.

Revised engine calibration will be required for optimal performance. This product is for off road and motorsport use.

•Large diameter motorsport type, high flow 200 cell count catalyst - Larger than the competition- ensures higher flow rate.
•3” AISI 304 Mandrel bent Stainless Steel tube with 2.5" flanged exit
•Robust OE Type mounting bracket
•6” Stainless Steel Flex joint-will not damage lower exhaust hangers like others on the market.
•TIG Welded construction
•Limited Lifetime Warranty

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
FYI....

Revised engine calibration will be required for optimal performance.
Wonder if that will be with the mtune maps... I really want eventually for performance AND quality vs the OE metal version that will likely have issues @ the 5 years mark with the driving I do and driving conditions i have. Just not sure about the test they do here after 5 years. Just an ECU check but .... hmm well that is a ways away LOL.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
*This product is for off road and motorsport use.
True but Ken from Mountune explained it well here: http://fiestast.net/threads/so-where-is-the-mountune-dp-and-exhaust.1895/page-4#post-36568

We list the part as off road use only because there are many states that have the same emissions rules as CA. Therefore we like to make sure everyone understands you may not be in compliance. Its up to you ...to know your local and regional rules.
Any manufacturer that offers you a DP and tells you otherwise is only doing you a disservice

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Ah. For me when i do make the change i still want to be street legal as i plan to keep this car like my other cars for a very long time (10+ years )

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Interesting they went with a 5" cat as I did when I built my DP but removed it when I though it might be part of a tuning issue but it was not so. I miss having a clean smelling exhaust so will work on fitting one to my EFR turbo system though it will be a much tougher project.

Looks like a very nice DP though like most it does neck down to 2.5" at the outlet, something I am not fond of so went to full 3" on mine and will no the EFR one that is being built for it.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
No, I had a 100 cell and it was fine but took it off when exploring some tuning issues then it smelled and not a good thing when cruising and a tail wind and two valuable dogs in the back and the love of my life sitting next to me and I do care about the air we all breath.

With the EFR turbo I will not have room for a 5" cat and it might be very interesting, if possible, to install any cat but I will if I can.

felopr

looks good but i am not to fond of that bottleneck after the cat cell, is not even neck down as a cone for good airflow but kinda square, not good

me32

1000 Post Club
This looks like a good option for me. As i really like the factory look with better flow. Im guessing with this down pipe i could run a cobb stag 3 map.