Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I don't know if you guys feel this way but...

OP
I
Thread Starter #3
It wasn't meant because I thought they were slow. I'm just sick of seeing those swaps.

I 100% agree. While having an LS swapped car is probably fun because it's fast and all that, it has become the new 2JZ. Everyone is swapping them in to everything and it's obnoxious. It gets to a point where it's not interesting and unique any more.

At this point, going back to swapping a 2JZ in to something would be more interesting because 2JZs are just bad ass engines.

OP
I
Thread Starter #6
I 100% agree. While having an LS swapped car is probably fun because it's fast and all that, it has become the new 2JZ. Everyone is swapping them in to everything and it's obnoxious. It gets to a point where it's not interesting and unique any more.

At this point, going back to swapping a 2JZ in to something would be more interesting because 2JZs are just bad ass engines.
Agreed my man. I really wanna see some damn RB swaps.

An RB would be nice. They are a dime a dozen in the Japanese junkyards. Everyone is importing the Aristo 2JZ-GTE VVTi for their IS300 GE to GTE swaps, there's no reason we can't get some RB's over here too.

Don't get me started on the Bronies.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I seriously dont know why there aren't more mod motor swaps out there. Im 3k deep into my full forged aluminum block 4v with an authentic cobra intake. That motor with boost will handle over 1k hp and they are a dime a dozen.

I can imagine it would lol =)

The best sounding car I had, was my 01 vr6 turbo. 3" turbo back gutted cat and no muffler. Thing sounded amazing on or off boost. I'll have to post a vid of it once I can find it again

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I think people don't swap mod motors because the engine ( 4V ) is the size of a spa tub, lol. I love terminator motors, but thats a "big bitch". I know most people have prob seen the legendary pics of the old big block ford next to a 4v mod motor and the big block is smaller...

I hope the coyote engine ends up being the next "LS swap". They already banded it from the NA master builder comp because nothing can touch it. Scarey part is... The V6 ecoboost really does hold its own against the 5.0L truck motor. So in 10 years, its gonna be intresting.

I totally get the LS reasoning... Its powerful, light, reliable, and cheap. Parts are plentiful and reasonable. The hard work has been done already with wiring harnesses...

I swapped a 1995 mustang GT motor into a 2002 jeep wrangler. It is BY FAR the path less taken for jeep motor swaps ( anything is better than that pos 4.0L for power OR torque, 4:88 gears can make ANYTHING torquey ).

I've seen a good amount of "unquie" swaps that also kinda sucked because they were un-reliable or ran hot. Or even in the case of my jeep, where do you buy replacement parts for something with a custom motor swap, custom rearend, custom built from scratch rear suspension ??? If it breaks, you need skill and a shop full of tools to BUILD a replacement part. On the other hand... If you buckle a piece of your LS motor swapped into a 240sx, you can call "so and so motorsports" and have a replacement next-day air shipped and your good to go with little down time. I sold my jeep because I didn't have a shop to fab replacement parts for it,'if I ever needed them. It was built to punish, but if I punished it and jeeps do what they do best ( break ), then how was i going to fix it? Tow it to my apartment building parking lot with my ford fiesta ? Lol.

Anyway. I would love to see more original swaps.

Before I die ? I want another 3000gt VR4, but I want it super gutted. Like.... No windshield wipers. No heater. No ac. No power steering. Just 2600# of awd twin turbo V6 !!! Its not a swap.... But a reliable fast 3000gt would be pretty unique, lol.

10 years ago. I saw on horsepower TV, so high school kid swapped a dodge 2.2L turbo motor into the backend of a 84-87 crx ( they were lighter ). It was a rwd, 2.2L turbo crx !! Ran like 8.8 in the 1/8 mile with the bone stock motor. Those motors can handle a lot if built right.

Also... Swap a ( hang with me here ). Geo storm WAGON ( yes, that exist ). That someone swapped the 1.6L turbo and awd from a isuzu impluse turbo into it. I guess they have a common engine and the awd bolts right in. It ran like 14.20 or something like that on a factory blue-printed engine and turbo. Pretty cool.

I really wanted to swap a tiny turbo diesel into my Mr2, but no money, skills, or knowledge to do it. I agree LS swaps are boring to look at and hear about, but we're not the ones driving or putting in the time and money. I'd love to throw a GTR motor into an old 260z, but when for 1/10 of the cost, I can go faster, make better noises, and not go grey trying to find parts or people to make parts for me...I'm probably gunna go that way.

As a former owner of 3 LS cars I get it. So easy to make power and go fast. Parts are cheap. There's endless knowledge and r&d already out there. Plus LS swaps are so easy now. Buy a couple motor mounts or cradle thats already made, buy a reprogrammed harness with 3 wire hookup, install, done.

My first was a 99 Trans Am. Added headers, 3.73 gears, 3800 stall, and dyno tune. It ran hard. Pulled nonchalant 1.5 60's and Aeroforce gauge had best 0-60 at 3.6s. Embarrassed a lot of awd cars out of the hole. That's only $1k in used parts on a 100k mile LS1.

[video=youtube;KuWK7UxwZ8Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuWK7UxwZ8Q[/video]

vid quality sucks bc this was 7 years ago.

OP
I
Thread Starter #20
Yeah I think we all can agree that LS engines are nasty but for the love of God and originality stop swapping them into Mustangs and Nissans lol