Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is anyone running the Falken Azenis RT-615 K?

Im in the market for summer tires and these look promising. Does anyone use them or know anything about them?

I know a lot of people that have used them. That said, they all say they are great tires on dry pavement and do ok in the wet, but forget puddles and other standing water. They are also a super soft compound and wear out really fast.

Me personally, I would only use them for track use.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Not the best choice out of the good street tires but if not used for track I'd say ok

The problem is, if you dedicate them as track tires you can get better for your money. I feel the 615s are a little obsolete and I normally only see them on show cars now with their pretty tread pattern. These tires are marketed as high grip summer tires but they really are horrible in the wet. I would rather get Star Specs or BFG Rivals if you want good summer tires

OP
J
Thread Starter #5
Thanks everyone for your imput! I definitly want a tire that has great performace but last along time and funcitons in the rain. With that in mind, how do the Direzza Z2's compare to the stock tires?

I loved my Hankook Ventus V12's on my Lexus. Too bad they don't seem to make them in our size. They held well, were predictable, great wet traction, and even with all the abuse I gave them they still lasted me 30k miles.

meFiSTo

My 2 cents:

• I can't speak to the DZ IIs specifically, but I had good luck with the Dunlop Direzza DZ1s back in the day. The DZIIs are supposed to be just as good if not better. I used those mostly as lazy track day rubber (when I didn't feel like switching in the paddock). They worked great in the dry and took longer to get greasy vs. RT615Ks. The Dunlops were the closest to r-compounds in street rubber that I've driven.
  • I found r-compounds to be better in warm, wet (not standing water) track situations.
  • I just purchased some Bridgestone RE11As to be my "lazy drive-to-track/wet track/summer around town" FiST tires (in 205/50-15). They perform better in the wet in TR tests (vs. the DZIIs, Yokohama AD08Rs, etc.).
  • I have General AS03s on the stockers for year round street rubber (car does not need to drive if there is snow...rare where we live). I'd use these at the track if it were raining torrentially and I HAD to attend.
  • I have Nitto NT01s that will be my dry-track, change-in-the-paddock rubber (also in 205/50-15). Best value in r-compound.

Thanks everyone for your imput! I definitly want a tire that has great performace but last along time and funcitons in the rain. With that in mind, how do the Direzza Z2's compare to the stock tires?
I think you'll love those. Great tires especially in warm weather. Good in the wet stuff too.

I'm currently running the Azenis on my car and I daily drive it year round. I had the DZ1 before on a turbo Miata, so the comparisons are a little moot.
Compared to the stock tires these are worlds better and the car really comes a live. The inside/outside tread pattern also makes for more options for rotating tires compared to the DZ1 before.

I would say the tires handle pretty good in the wet, but as someone else has said, standing water should be avoided (though that's true for pretty much any summer performance tire)

To me the Azenis is a great balance between a dedicated track tire like the R888 and other so called "high performance summer" tires. Once I started driving on tires like the DZ1, AD08R (have them on a Golf R), and Azenis I could never go back to harder tires!

I had the old non K versions of my civic. Really fun tire. Very high grip and stability. Autocrossed with them and wore them on the street for a short while. Emphasis on short.

If I could find them for a great price I'd consider them again, but with the cost associated with mounting tires these days, short tread life tires are an expensive proposition even with cheap tires.

I tried to order a set of these from a local falken dealer and they said I couldn't get them in my size. Not sure. I ended up going with the 215/45/17 federal 595 evo tires. And so far I love them. They seem a lot gripped then stock.

I see that azenis is one of the only good tires in our stock size. That said i would rather get 15" rims and run 205/50-15 rivals or star specs. I ran the old 615's but switched to star specs and never looked back.

I run the 205/40/r17 RT615K'S and I love them. my car is mainly used for road course/auto-x and some street use. I like thr RT615's and nitto NT-01's. everyone has their own pref and also depending on how low you are and rim size makes a difference as well. I love my 615's on the road course

LT Berzerker

I'm glad they come in 215/40r17's, and that they are competitive in the racing world (IE the only private Porsche team in the Tudor championship series running thier own tires & testing) plus I've had the 452's and 615's on my Z and held up well :)