Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PNW Crew Check In

That's a good idea. Around what time does I-90 start to get shitty? Next Spring might be the best idea. It'll give me time to gather a lot of interest, promote the meet and perhaps get some sponsors to drop us some swag.

I suppose I should check in.

Name: [shy]

Car interests: I've done some silly things. I don't have as much time these days and I've been driving a boring car for a while. I'm looking forward to getting back onto the track in the spring.

Car mechanical skills: Fairly comprehensive, although amateur. I've done engine/transmission swaps, rebuilt engines(with mixed results), retrofitted suspension and brakes from other cars, etc.

Other interests: Computer games, woodworking, and I'm a massive space nerd.

What I do: Aerospace machinist.

My car :

Very cool [MENTION=3325]gronktired[/MENTION], glad to see you checking in. Check out our PNW Chat thread and stay in touch!

Zormecteon

Just found this Forum been on the other two majors.

Interests...Cars. New, Old, Hot Rod, Rat Rod, Custom, European, Exotic, Super, Micro.. Cars... Oh yeah, British, Have a box Sprite, attend ABFMs across the PNW from Vancouver BC to Portland. ..

OP
meFiSTo

meFiSTo

Thread Starter #27
Just found this Forum been on the other two majors.

Interests...Cars. New, Old, Hot Rod, Rat Rod, Custom, European, Exotic, Super, Micro.. Cars... Oh yeah, British, Have a box Sprite, attend ABFMs across the PNW from Vancouver BC to Portland. ..
Hey man. Welcome to this forum. After poking around on all three, I've settled into this one. Most of the guys I interact with at the other forums are usually here anyway. The only issue is that mountune has zero presence here, but realistically, Randy and Ken are rarely online over at the forum that mountune does sponsor so that really doesn't matter much. I just send them email.

Also: This is the only one of the three forums with a PNW-specific regional subforum. It's not super active, but it exists. You found it!

Name: Tom

Car Interests: I'm told "you should just leave your car stock" way too often

Car Mechanical Skills: Super-basic backyard stuff.

Other Interests: Gaming, music, computers, aquariums, work, etc..

What I Do: Cube Dweller

20160101_144235__1451.jpg

Just wanted to say hey to the locals.[wave]

OP
meFiSTo

meFiSTo

Thread Starter #29
Hey [MENTION=4156]Grizzlebees[/MENTION]! Welcome. There's been a couple of new forum visitors who have introduced themselves in the main thread from Edmonds.

Looks like we have about a dozen or so folks who have checked in here,.

Maybe 2016 is a year when we might see some other Fiesta STs in one place!

Thinking out loud to no one in particular, but to anyone who is paying attention: The Olympus Rally is slated for the hills near Shelton, WA on the weekend of May 14 and 15. According the Tom Pritchett of Turn 2, the rally organizers have been parking stage crews in the paddock area at The Ridge Motorsports Park. It so happens that Turn 2 and Audi Club NW are planning HPDE lapping days that weekend as well (which they have done for several years now). I was thinking that, for me, it might be fun to hit one or both of those track days and poke around the staging area.

Anyway, just a thought. I might post a specific note in the regional subforum here as the time nears and my schedule becomes more clear.

Zormecteon

Unfortunately, The weekend before Memorial Day in the States is Victoria Day in Canada. Not that it matters as I'm in Washington, BUT, they hold an annual All British Field Meet (car show) in Vancouver BC that weekend. I've missed the past couple because of other travel plans, but I am already planning to go there that weekend...

OP
meFiSTo

meFiSTo

Thread Starter #31
Unfortunately, The weekend before Memorial Day in the States is Victoria Day in Canada. Not that it matters as I'm in Washington, BUT, they hold an annual All British Field Meet (car show) in Vancouver BC that weekend. I've missed the past couple because of other travel plans, but I am already planning to go there that weekend...
Sounds like fun. I take it you'll be trailering that Midget (that's what it looks like to me) up to that event. Don't they have an All British Field Meet in Portland at the end of August/early September? There's a Club Lotus NW track day that Friday that I have attended in the past and hope to again in 2016. Maybe I'll see you around then?

Zormecteon

Sounds like fun. I take it you'll be trailering that Midget (that's what it looks like to me) up to that event. Don't they have an All British Field Meet in Portland at the end of August/early September? There's a Club Lotus NW track day that Friday that I have attended in the past and hope to again in 2016. Maybe I'll see you around then?
I DRIVE it up there. If the weather looks bad, i'll leave on the hard top, but if it looks nice I pack the folding top in the trunk. It's an Austin Healey Sprite. Identical to the MG Midget except for the badging, and in the year I own they had chrome stripe on the hood and sides of the Midget. There are actually THREE ABFMs in the Northwest. The first in Vancouver BC, the second used to be in Bellevue the last Sunday of July, and the third and largest is Portland, Labor Day weekend. I haven't been to the new location for the Seattle area show yet since it moved from Bellevue Community College to .. somewhere off the north end of Lake Washington.

OP
meFiSTo

meFiSTo

Thread Starter #33
I DRIVE it up there. If the weather looks bad, i'll leave on the hard top, but if it looks nice I pack the folding top in the trunk. It's an Austin Healey Sprite. Identical to the MG Midget except for the badging, and in the year I own they had chrome stripe on the hood and sides of the Midget. There are actually THREE ABFMs in the Northwest. The first in Vancouver BC, the second used to be in Bellevue the last Sunday of July, and the third and largest is Portland, Labor Day weekend. I haven't been to the new location for the Seattle area show yet since it moved from Bellevue Community College to .. somewhere off the north end of Lake Washington.
Awesome. As for the Seattle area event, well, that's right around the corner(ish) from me. Might have to check that out. We're often OOT at that time of year, though.

Car interests: Working on them, admiring them and driving around town!

Car mechanical skills: I got the basics down (oil, breaks, part swapping, etc), looking forward to learning new things. Utilize the military auto club for almost all work.

Other interests: BBQ, bicycling, Beer, PC Building, video games, pugs and hanging with the kids.

What I do: Boeing, 747 Quality.

My car: D00MHAMMER, (shameless I know)

Name: Evan

Car interests: Track days at PIR and ORP.

Car mechanical skills: I can do a fair amount of car work, but it's been a while since i've replaced a clutch or anything of that level.

Other interests: BBQ, bourbon, flying, mountain biking

What I do: Financial advisor and portfolio manager.

My car: White Platinum FiST 16' Attachment-1.jpeg

OP
meFiSTo

meFiSTo

Thread Starter #36

Car interests: Working on them, admiring them and driving around town!

Car mechanical skills: I got the basics down (oil, breaks, part swapping, etc), looking forward to learning new things. Utilize the military auto club for almost all work.

Other interests: BBQ, bicycling, Beer, PC Building, video games, pugs and hanging with the kids.

What I do: Boeing, 747 Quality.

My car: D00MHAMMER, (shameless I know)
Welcome to this very small and quiet corner of fiestastforumdom...

As for pugs: Well, check out NW Pugs vis meet up. Funny group of folks with many pugs. Summer events. We do the Luther Burbank off leash deal from time to time. I'm sure you know about the big event at the end of May. There were ALOT of pugs this year, plus the hot dog stand is killer. They know their audience.

OP
meFiSTo

meFiSTo

Thread Starter #37

Car interests: Track days at PIR and ORP.

Car mechanical skills: I can do a fair amount of car work, but it's been a while since i've replaced a clutch or anything of that level.

Other interests: BBQ, bourbon, flying, mountain biking

What I do: Financial advisor and portfolio manager.

My car: White Platinum FiST 16' View attachment 11000
Welcome! I am seriously considering getting down to Portland for the Club Lotus NW track day to kick off Labor Day weekend and the All British/Vintage Racing meet. I don't usually hang around for that stuff, but the track day with Mark Viskov and the Lotus guys is one of the best at PIR. Maybe check it out.

Also: The Ridge is not far from you (like 2 hours). It's entertaining. Check that too.

Car interests: Mountain drives, HPDE, AutoX

Car mechanical skills: Fairly skilled. Got a 2 year degree in automotive before I switched to Engineering.

Other interests: Golf, hiking, basketball

What I do: Engineer

I will post pics shortly!

Woundup7

Name: Chris M

Location: Currently Federal Way, moving to Preston in September!

Car Interests: Professional autocrosser :0, Building a Group 2 stage rally focus

Car skills: A-Z

Other interest: Gold Pannning, house remodeling, shooting

Job: Union Sheet Metal Worker

OP
meFiSTo

meFiSTo

Thread Starter #40
Welcome EstorilM and Woundup7! PNW Fiesta ST owners are few but mighty.