Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Jersey

I saw a Red (stock looking) one today on my way home from NJ today, driver was trying to hustle to get in my lane in front of me. Of coarse I slowed to let him in as traffic is bad. I waved as he passed me, he ignored me. Shortly after he changed lanes again and he had to slow, I ended up passing him. I waved again, but all i got was a Stone cold thousand yard "I'm to cool to see you" look.
I just chucked to my self. I guess Silver is not cool enough to acknowledge.
It too bad because I met a bunch of Fiesta drivers that were cool. Even jcr557 who has (or had) a full on Rally car was not too cool to take time to talk and be friendly to my two boys.
If you (cool guy in the reddish Fiesta ST) on this forum, and i missed something please chime in, I will apologize.

DLeeW

Im looking forward to attending a local event too. Im really hoping to do a road rally this year as they look like a blast. :)

Deli

Count me in for some kind of meetup. Not sure I'd autocross since I'm a bit timid and think I'd embarrass myself, but it would even be fun to go watch and meet everyone face to face.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm down for an NJ meet. Always fun to rip around with a bunch in the same cars :)

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
Cool.. We will figure something out when the weather gets a little warmer. Any ideas for a location? Somewhere in the middle of the state would be best. Monmouth or middlesex county area maybe? I'm down in ocean county but I can see some of you are way up there

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Middlesex county works. I used to lead motorcycle runs into the mountains so I know some nice long twisty routes we can wring our girls out on. :)

DLeeW

Sounds like fun! Ive heard some of the car magazines use some of those NJ twisty roads. Would be cool to get a group run together for cars and coffee. The one at the stacks in PA was cool.

Anyone know of a good place to get a proper alignment in northern NJ? I can tell my on center is slightly off from the factory and my fear of bringing it to a dealer is they won't do anything and charge me for it.

Anyone know of a good place to get a proper alignment in northern NJ? I can tell my on center is slightly off from the factory and my fear of bringing it to a dealer is they won't do anything and charge me for it.
Eurotire in Fairfield is a bit pricey but they do excellent work.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I would normally a agree about Eurotire as i've been going to them for a better part of the decade but my last two visits have been less than stellar. Took my car (not FiST) there to get aligned and corner balanced and left there with the car NOT AT ALL balanced and my steering wheel cocked to the left. When i complained they brushed me off stating it was factory spec and must be my car's fault. riiiight. Firestone was able to correct it but i paid twice for expensive alignments.

On the second most recent visit i took the FiST to get tires mounted. Figured i'd give them one last shot. I drove home with horrible tire noise. A VERY LOUD high pitched rhythmic howl is the best way to describe it. When i took it back a few days later i had to plead a case for them to look at it again. They didn't even take the wheels off and check there balance work. They got it on a lift, eyeballed it, and then brought it back down saying nothing was wrong. Guy took it out for a test drive. I knew he would say nothing was wrong so when he got back, i was in the parking lot waiting and played a recording of the sound i had made on my way over there. It convinced him to take it back out...this time he came back, heard the sound, agreed something was wrong but they again refused to check their balance work. I'm never going back to them again.

In the end the tires are probably the issue but i don't appreciate the way Eurotire played high and mighty with me the last two times i went to them and generally can do no wrong according to them. ESPECIALLY for what they charge! I convinced Tire Rack to take the tires back but they are charging me a $28 fee and only covering a 25 of the $35 i paid per tire to mount. I'm done with tire rack too. Tire Rack really should have a money back guarantee in place for instances where they ship out bum tires.

I would normally a agree about Eurotire as i've been going to them for a better part of the decade but my last two visits have been less than stellar. Took my car (not FiST) there to get aligned and corner balanced and left there with the car NOT AT ALL balanced and my steering wheel cocked to the left. When i complained they brushed me off stating it was factory spec and must be my car's fault. riiiight. Firestone was able to correct it but i paid twice for expensive alignments.

On the second most recent visit i took the FiST to get tires mounted. Figured i'd give them one last shot. I drove home with horrible tire noise. A VERY LOUD high pitched rhythmic howl is the best way to describe it. When i took it back a few days later i had to plead a case for them to look at it again. They didn't even take the wheels off and check there balance work. They got it on a lift, eyeballed it, and then brought it back down saying nothing was wrong. Guy took it out for a test drive. I knew he would say nothing was wrong so when he got back, i was in the parking lot waiting and played a recording of the sound i had made on my way over there. It convinced him to take it back out...this time he came back, heard the sound, agreed something was wrong but they again refused to check their balance work. I'm never going back to them again.

In the end the tires are probably the issue but i don't appreciate the way Eurotire played high and mighty with me the last two times i went to them and generally can do no wrong according to them. ESPECIALLY for what they charge! I convinced Tire Rack to take the tires back but they are charging me a $28 fee and only covering a 25 of the $35 i paid per tire to mount. I'm done with tire rack too. Tire Rack really should have a money back guarantee in place for instances where they ship out bum tires.
Wow, I had no idea as the last time I went there was 2012 and they did great. Will likely find elsewhere the next time, thanks for the heads-up.

OP
frankiefiesta

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #36
I've always just gone to Firestone for my alignments. They were the only place that I knew of in the area with a low, ramp style alignment rack that my slammed civic could get on. Haha

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
yea i'm thinkin May before we can really get there and play [ridinghorse]