Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blend Door Actuator Issue Thread

Who has had blend door actuator problems?

• '14 Fiesta ST

Votes: 143 28.9%
  • '15 Fiesta ST

Votes: 144 29.1%
  • '16 Fiesta ST

Votes: 143 28.9%
  • '17 Fiesta ST

Votes: 65 13.1%

• Total voters
So my 2019 starting making the clicking noise a couple months ago and I finally made an appointment to get it fixed. The dealer quoted me $1100 parts & labor and said it wasn't the actuator but the "control box" it's mounted on. Is this possible? He also acted extremely surprised when he found out it was still under warranty so I don't know if they were trying to f*** me or not.

I'm conflicted on whether or not to let these bozos work on it or do it myself. FWIW, it appears to be the one behind the steering column (I think). The only way to make it shut up is to have the floor vents on.

So my 2019 starting making the clicking noise a couple months ago and I finally made an appointment to get it fixed. The dealer quoted me $1100 parts & labor and said it wasn't the actuator but the "control box" it's mounted on. Is this possible? He also acted extremely surprised when he found out it was still under warranty so I don't know if they were trying to f*** me or not.

I'm conflicted on whether or not to let these bozos work on it or do it myself. FWIW, it appears to be the one behind the steering column (I think). The only way to make it shut up is to have the floor vents on.
Get under the dash when it clicks, you'll know right away if it's the actuator or not. If it clicks each time you turn on/off the car, you can then unplug it to see if it stops, to validate your diagnostic. Then you can get back to you service advisor to tell him what you found. I wouldn't let them make the job he suggested because that's a dash out job vs the simple under the dash crawling of the actuator. And each time someone pulls the dash, you have risk of getting broken tabs and rattles you didn't have before.
Usually inside those vent boxes, there's only flaps that rotate, nothing there that can click.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

Where do you live? you could come over and we could tackle this garbage in a fraction of the time! BUT* If its under warranty.....make them do it. I know I did my first time!

Intuit

3000 Post Club
At this point I literally wouldn't trust a dealer to put air in my tires LoL... (and yes, somehow a non-dealer managed screw that up even...)

I tackled the most difficult one (I think?) myself. It was the one that you have to go under the steering wheel for. It wasn't exactly fun, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat if it saved me $1100. I'd do it for someone else for $20 and a beer if I'm honest. An oil change takes longer.

MikeR

Military Veteran
It was the Center actuator, it was a real bitch getting out but did not have to take dash apart, access through the glove box, pull out the floor ducting and it is right there. View attachment 48782
Sent you a message Todd as I have to change this same one and could use some more info.

Ford dealer wanted $1200 to install and I gave them the replacement part!