Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Blend Door Actuator Issue Thread

Who has had blend door actuator problems?

• '14 Fiesta ST

Votes: 143 28.9%
  • '15 Fiesta ST

Votes: 144 29.1%
  • '16 Fiesta ST

Votes: 143 28.9%
  • '17 Fiesta ST

Votes: 65 13.1%

• Total voters
Jones Ford had me in & out in about 2 hours. I looked at my paperwork & the part was $7.75. Labor $138. Covered under warranty though .

Very common problem. Its some motor thing for moving the door that selects air flow. It's to the right of your right lower leg when sitting in the car.

Bluedrank

Have a appointment next Monday for a oil change I'm gonna have them look at it .
They'll know exactly what it is. And trust me it only gets worse. Those things seem to be a very common fault in Ford vehicles. The good news is that it's a simple fix the bad news is that it's time consuming because it's hard to get to. so you might leave your car there for a bit.

gosu

Long time lurker here but I guess I'm part of the club now. It died on me a last week when I switched from the lower vent to the front vent setting. At first no air was blowing out then after I few minutes the loud clicking sound started. I went to the dealer for an oil change and mentioned this. They wanted to charge $115 for a diagnostic plus $186 CAD for parts and labour to replace it!! [V]

I'm out of warranty so thank goodness for this thread. I ordered the part from Rockauto and will be buying myself a right angle ratchet driver set.

Is there any way we can put pressure on Ford to extend the warranty on this part?

Bluedrank

Long time lurker here but I guess I'm part of the club now. It died on me a last week when I switched from the lower vent to the front vent setting. At first no air was blowing out then after I few minutes the loud clicking sound started. I went to the dealer for an oil change and mentioned this. They wanted to charge $115 for a diagnostic plus $186 CAD for parts and labour to replace it!! [V]

I'm out of warranty so thank goodness for this thread. I ordered the part from Rockauto and will be buying myself a right angle ratchet driver set.

Is there any way we can put pressure on Ford to extend the warranty on this part?
Honestly this is one of those issues that should qualify for a class action lawsuit. It's just a matter of finding a legal team willing to do it. The only thing that might prevent it would be that the item is relatively low cost. But absolutely they deserve a lawsuit considering the amount of Ford owners with this problem.

It's a little bit of a frustration. Luckily my car is still under warranty. I'm not sure if the replacement part from Ford is identical to the one that failed, but hopefully Ford stocks and upgraded version? Looking at my paperwork from Jones Ford it's probably the same part. $7.75 part. I didn't have this problem when I had my 2011 Fiesta SE sedan. I traded at around 82,000 miles. Anyway, good luck on swapping out that part.

FistSt215

They'll know exactly what it is. And trust me it only gets worse. Those things seem to be a very common fault in Ford vehicles. The good news is that it's a simple fix the bad news is that it's time consuming because it's hard to get to. so you might leave your car there for a bit.

Already told gen and they're gonna fix it Monday . I'm assuming that's covered under warranty right ?

Does anyone know as of what build date the upgraded part has been installed in new builds? (ie who needs to be concerned about this part and who doesn't)

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Blend Door Actuator Problem (Clicking noise behind dash)

***NEW POLL ADDED to Thread***

"Who has had blend door actuator problems?"

Is blowing on high from the vents even though it was set on low from the floor considered a defect?
Happens every morning, lasts for about 10sec then go's to what it was set to.

So the loud clunk, clunk, clunk just started in my 2014. I have about 38,700 miles on the odometer. So yay it's out of warranty, just my luck. With seemingly everyone having this problem it would be nice if Ford would have admitted to poor build quality on this part and done a recall.