Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed?

Hi all
I originally went with Cobb for my first upgrade, however after finding out that Cobb stage 2 isn't fully compatible with RHD, non-usdm models I had to cancel and stumbled upon another compatible stage 2....

http://www.pumaspeed.com/product-Ford-Fiesta-ST180-245R-bhp-Power-Upgrade_16748.jsp

I'd just like to put some feelers out and see if the people on the forum know much about the quality of this product and/or company. I emailed them a few questions but they don't seem to reply. What is your take on these components compared to the stage 2 Cobb's?
There's not a lot out there about this stage 2.

Cheers

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I have purchased PumaSpeed products.
Very nice people and very good products.

Dave

OP
C
Thread Starter #4
Sekred is running Pumaspeed's Stage 2.
MoFIST is running Bluefin Stage 2
Both seems to be satisfied.

Other options: Digital Tuning, Revo,

I'm also considering Pumaspeed's tune.
Cool I'll check out Sekred's posts. Chatted with MoFIST and he seems quite happy with the Bluefin. The stage 2R Puma is a bit extreme but no more than Cobb's 3. Intercooler, air filter and full Miltek exhaust. I quite like the sound of that exhaust too. I called up Revo but the price is a bit over the top where I live plus you don't get any type of AP. You go to them, they install it and it's done.

I have purchased PumaSpeed products.
Very nice people and very good products.
Thanks Dave that's good to know. Important to know if they have good customer support if needed.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Just a thought.
What about Mountune?
Their system was developed in the UK and is sold/used on UK cars.

Dave

I have bought a lot of parts from them, great service and support. I wish they had a cheaper shipping option.
I've had both revo stg2 and puma stg2, they are both good maps, i could not notice any difference in power, you need to do logging to see some difference.

I hope HP tuners will add tuning support for non american ecu, i'm going to read the ecu for them, so we will see.
A lot of experienced tuners on their forum it seams so that is a good. I just read this book which i would recommend. The author also posts on hp tuner forum.

OP
C
Thread Starter #8
I've had both revo stg2 and puma stg2, they are both good maps, i could not notice any difference in power, you need to do logging to see some difference.
Really? I thought that with the extra HP and torque available in the lower rpm that it would feel much more powerful. Do you have the Puma stage 2 bolt ons as well? (Intercooler, turbo back exhaust, air intake)

I meant i could not notice any difference when comparing revo stg2 and puma stg2:)
Sorry for not being clear:)

OP
C
Thread Starter #10
Ah I see, no worries. Cool, it's good to know that most of these tuning stages have similar power.
I'm just reading your mod list, wow you must have a super fast FIST. Do you have any videos of your car?
I'd like to see the puma power in action;)
I imagine the Decat and Non Resonated must be quite loud?
I was thinking of going decat and resonated in the future.

My car is fast yes i think, even with low boost stage 4 map(1,4bar), really happy with the power. I'm waiting for puma stage 4+, but really not in a hurry, since power is already great,
but more power is always fun. I have some videos if you look at my previous post.
Non res is too loud so im going to buy a resonator i think

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
My car is fast yes i think, even with low boost stage 4 map(1,4bar), really happy with the power. I'm waiting for puma stage 4+, but really not in a hurry, since power is already great,
but more power is always fun. I have some videos if you look at my previous post.
Non res is too loud so im going to buy a resonator i think
You plan on taking it to the track/drag strip? I'd like to see where you land with ATP and myself.

OP
C
Thread Starter #14
You plan on taking it to the track/drag strip?
Yeah that's what I was thinking when I saw your mods vlaSt. You car would be a track monster with some sticky tyres and brake upgrades.. I plan to track mine after my upgrades. How did you find driving after adding your LSD? Less wheel spin and more traction? I know it made a huge difference on my last RWD car.