Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

H11 to H9 Conversion

I manage to get around to doing the conversion after it was mention in a thread yesterday. I had bought these lights for my Jeep before it got stolen a little while ago.

I tried using an exacto knife that I heated up with a torch for the first one. While it did work it was a little fussy. On the second one I used a 1/4 chisel leaving the bulb in the package holder. The chisel literally took less than a minute as opposed to ten with an exacto.

Using side cutters I nipped the longest tab in half opposite the plug and bent it back and forth with needle nose until it cam off. I did try installing the bulb without nipping the tab and it did install fine but the bulb orientation in the housing was not in a vertical plane. Sorry about the flash.

Here is day time photo with an H9 on the passenger side and OEM H11 on the drivers. For the sake of everyone I did not install the drivers yet so I can take some photos this evening when its dark. You can see the H9 is noticeably brighter.

I tried and tried to get some good photos but sadly I am using my chitty camera. This was the best I could do at 20ft. Cut off remains the same but you can see the intensity of the H9 is much better on the outer edge which translates to better peripheral. Overall I am happy. Where they really shine (pun) is the distance they penetrate but cannot capture with my camera.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I did the same conversion on my 2011 Fiesta and noticed a decent increase in light output.