Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Running FiST with E85 Blends - Discussion Thread

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I've never seen e30 straight out of the pump in SoCal. Only e85. That's what I use. You are correct about pumped e30. Better to mix your own.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
My LTFT hovers around -7.5 to -8. Should i add a little more E85 next fillup?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AzNightmare

I'm finally getting E30 5 mins down the street from my house so I know I'll try the corn magic. As far as the practicality is there any other gauges to buy that are cheaper?
Update? How's the E30 feel in comparison? What's your set up and who's your tuner?

LILIKE16ST

I have not tried e30 myself (yet...key word) but from everything I've read on it they say it feels like a jump over a good 93 tune about the same as the 93 tune feels from stock and if this is the case it should Def be worth it (reading things like this is why I want to try it lol)

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I went from stage2 93 to stage 2 E30. That jump was as significant as stock to stage2 93.

LILIKE16ST

I went from stage2 93 to stage 2 E30. That jump was as significant as stock to stage2 93.

This is consistent with everything I've read on e30. My livernois 93 flash was pretty significant over stock so around tax time I plan to switch to an accessport and probably go with a dhm pro tune on 93 and e30 at that time.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You do know DHM is no more right? I'm not 100% sure about tuning though....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

LILIKE16ST

You do know DHM is no more right? I'm not 100% sure about tuning though....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
For real?? When did this happen? I was sold on their tuning after reading up. They seem to be a very solid source for everything fiesta including tuning and if this is true it is a real shame :-(

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
For real?? When did this happen? I was sold on their tuning after reading up. They seem to be a very solid source for everything fiesta including tuning and if this is true it is a real shame :-(
I guess if you never go into the shit storm hybrid/BT kit threads (I certainly do NOT blame you for that! ;) ), you would never know about this, but yeah, I also was misled into thinking that they were long term legit, and would be around forever supplying tunes, great hard parts, and BT kits for the duration. [:(]

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
yep. bankruptcy isn't always a bad thing. hopefully he still has a presence in the FiST world. start clean, learn from his mistakes. and make moar powah

LILIKE16ST

Stratified was a close 2nd on my list and when I heard this I said to myself "guess I'm going stratified" lol. Heard they're solid too. I'm not getting the flash tune (nothing against it or anything but I currently have a pretty damn good flash tune) I want a custom pro tune on 93 and e30.

*edit*
I have a depo fmic and drop in so technically I'm "stage 2" if you want to call it that lol....so I should be able to get some decent gains going pro tune in particular on e30

LILIKE16ST

Stratified was a close 2nd on my list and when I heard this I said to myself "guess I'm going stratified" lol. Heard they're solid too. I'm not getting the flash tune (nothing against it or anything but I currently have a pretty damn good flash tune) I want a custom pro tune on 93 and e30.

*edit*
I have a depo fmic and drop in so technically I'm "stage 2" if you want to call it that lol....so I should be able to get some decent gains going pro tune in particular on e30

I want to switch to the accessport not only to get pro tuned on 93/e30 but also for the gauges and vdyno and different ways you can do things like 0-60 runs quarter mile runs among other things not to mention the flat foot shifting and switching tunes on the fly and stuff. The livernois tune is a real solid tune for a canned flash tune all the way around but if I had it to do over I'd get the AP from the start. Nothing against livernois I can just do more of what I'm wanting and have more options with the ap3

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I'm opposite. I can't really be bothered to use my AP for gauges, and the few times I tried the 0-60 and 1/4mi they were way off. And it's well documented that they're way off because they go based on wheel speed sensors but it takes a few tenths of a second for the computer to realize you've started moving. The vdyno is also a toss-up for me because no matter how hard I try, I can't get a vdyno to produce numbers anywhere close to something realistic.

I don't even do custom tunes anymore. To be fair I only tried it once with Mountune and I was less than impressed. I'm perfectly content with the OTS tunes from Stratified. I don't mind that they may be conservative because in the hot summer months down here, I'll be glad that my tune is conservative. With that said, the Stratified OTS tune can't be that conservative because it's heaps better than the Cobb and even Mountune, but I'm still only getting +3 ignition corrections occasionally, with no negative corrections, and no knock. AFRs are on point as well.

I monitor my gauges for a bit and do a few pulls when I switch to a new tune, then put the AP in the glovebox. It only comes out so I can get the numeric reading for fuel remaining so I can calculate how much cornjuice to feed it.

LILIKE16ST

I'm opposite. I can't really be bothered to use my AP for gauges, and the few times I tried the 0-60 and 1/4mi they were way off. And it's well documented that they're way off because they go based on wheel speed sensors but it takes a few tenths of a second for the computer to realize you've started moving. The vdyno is also a toss-up for me because no matter how hard I try, I can't get a vdyno to produce numbers anywhere close to something realistic.

I don't even do custom tunes anymore. To be fair I only tried it once with Mountune and I was less than impressed. I'm perfectly content with the OTS tunes from Stratified. I don't mind that they may be conservative because in the hot summer months down here, I'll be glad that my tune is conservative. With that said, the Stratified OTS tune can't be that conservative because it's heaps better than the Cobb and even Mountune, but I'm still only getting +3 ignition corrections occasionally, with no negative corrections, and no knock. AFRs are on point as well.

I monitor my gauges for a bit and do a few pulls when I switch to a new tune, then put the AP in the glovebox. It only comes out so I can get the numeric reading for fuel remaining so I can calculate how much cornjuice to feed it.
Even if the quarter mile times and 0-60 times are off wouldn't they be consistent within themselves from one run to another? So you can record improvements and such from one thing to another or one mod to the next... same with vdyno. That's what I would think anyways. It'd be nice to have an economy tune and be able to switch to it everytime you get on the highway for a highway trip of any sort on the fly via cruise buttons. Seems very Convinient to me.

*edit*
That is if you're on the 93 map not the e30 map i would assume there isn't really economy tunes with e30