Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Spring 2015 Planning Thoughts

meFiSTo

2015 Planning Thoughts

Ok folks. Our region is practically silent. I get it. Very few Fiesta ST owners here and no connection to other groups. Not a lot of love from the other ST car owners. Nonetheless, I'll offer this thread as a spot for anyone having plans or wanting to invite people to connect.

I'm not much for social organizing, so I'll just mention some things i have on my calendar in the coming months.

June
July
August
September

You're invited to sign up or just come say hello at the track if you are nearby. Or: Add your own plan to this thread. it need not be track days. That's the only thing i do, so that's what I post about.

Would be great to see some other Fiesta STs at the track (or visit in the paddock).

OP
meFiSTo

meFiSTo

Thread Starter #2
Updated my tentative plans. Things change.

I'll plan on July 3 at the Ridge.

Just got my alignment today at Omni Brake and Alignment in Kirkland. They do a lot of track cars around here and do a great job. Ended up with -2.2 degrees camber with 0 toe in front as a compromise between street and track. Rears are non-adjustable with about -0.5 camber and 0.1 total toe in. Hope it works.

OP
meFiSTo

meFiSTo

Thread Starter #4
I'll plan on July 3 at the Ridge.

Just got my alignment today at Omni Brake and Alignment in Kirkland. They do a lot of track cars around here and do a great job. Ended up with -2.2 degrees camber with 0 toe in front as a compromise between street and track. Rears are non-adjustable with about -0.5 camber and 0.1 total toe in. Hope it works.
Cool! Omni is a great shop. They're actually much closer to me than Cantrell now (since he moved to Bellevue), but Colin's crew has been doing my cars forever. He used to be just across the way on the other side of 405 by Tacoma Screw. I don't have as much negative camber up front. We'll see if I need to add some in the future. Even with just -2 deg, the tires seem to wear out fast (car is by far mostly a street car).

This will be my first visit to The Ridge after a 3-year hiatus (sold my old car in 2012 and it took a year to get this car set up). Looking forward to it!

OP
meFiSTo

meFiSTo

Thread Starter #5
Too hot for me at the track this week. We'll see how things go later this month, but could be I'm sidelined until September. I like sunny days, but not a fan of hot track days. It's tough on the car and just not that pleasant.

I was thinking the same thing. No fun with the heat we've been having. I got my pads and fluid this week and was ready to go but dreaded a 100 degree track day. I saw from the Ridge website that they have an affiliate called Turn 2 that has several upcoming track days. I'd be up for maybe one of those when the weather is cooler. I've never driven the Ridge and was looking forward to it. Pacific Raceway would be OK too. Portland and Spokane are a bit too far for me. When others are ready for another track day, please post and I'll try to make it. Thanks for letting us know your change in plans.

OP
meFiSTo

meFiSTo

Thread Starter #7
Although I have not run with Turn 2, I've heard great things about them. Organizer Tom Pricthett is a long-time local car club instructor and seems very friendly and amenable. I tried to get out with Turn 2 in May but it just didn't happen. Portland is an overnight visit for me, as is Shelton. Pacific Raceways is really the only same-day venue for me, but after 30+ events in my old car (and having witnessed many scary incidents), I'm a little burnt out on that track. It can be fun, but just feels like doing the same thing over and over. It's a little Goundhog Day like. Portland is a little like that for me as well (20+ events), but on a dry day is almost a relaxing track to drive. The main reason I want to get out to The Ridge is that the road surface is fresh and wide, plus it's new to me, so more interest for a while. It's also close to Olympia so lots of nearby places to overnight. ORP is just out in the middle of nowhere. I like that Portland is so close to the city center. There are great options for overnighting, dinner, etc. I also have buddies there.

OP
meFiSTo

meFiSTo

Thread Starter #8
Oh sigh. This was not a good year for getting out to the track. I did make one event at Portland in March that was a great day. I did get to drive with the Ford kids at Miller on a STOA visit. Things were looking good after that, but then nothing worked out and I spent a @#$%load of $$$ on the car doing incremental adjustments. And more to do over the winter. So, I'm bailing out of my last planned day with the Club Lotus kids in Portland. 40% chance of rain tips the scale. Overnight track days are not cheap. Really no track day is cheap, but they can be "worth it" if you get enough driving out of a day. Wet track days are not my thing. I am adding some cooling hardware so maybe I can attend those mid-summer days in the future.